Carol's Daughter- Monoi Repairing Collection

montREALadymontREALady Posts: 1,210Registered Users
Anyone plan on trying anything from this line? It launches on May 9th. Looks good. CD is having free shipping all weekend btw. Oh, and for today only their membership is $5, as opposed to $25.

Natural Hair Care, Natural Beauty Products, Natural Skincare - Carol's Daughter - STRONGER LONGER INVINCIBLE HAIR

I know CD doesn't get mentioned in here a lot, but I like some of their products, especially their Gelee de Soleil browning oil! Never tried other body items actually, but I like some of their hair products as well. If not for me, for my son.

Comments

• my3curliesmy3curlies Posts: 161Registered Users
    I transitioned with CD black vanilla line. I think her smoothies saved my sanity when it was time to do my daughter's hair. I'm riding the SM train right now. Is budget friendly for me since I have four heads full of hair that would be using it so I probably won't try the new line. I won the sugar dipped vanilla roller pin and am a fan of that scent.

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
    :!::!: Under Construction :!::!:
  • montREALadymontREALady Posts: 1,210Registered Users
    my3curlies wrote: »
    I transitioned with CD black vanilla line. I think her smoothies saved my sanity when it was time to do my daughter's hair. I'm riding the SM train right now. Is budget friendly for me since I have four heads full of hair that would be using it so I probably won't try the new line. I won the sugar dipped vanilla roller pin and am a fan of that scent.

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App

Girl, I know what you mean! It's my son and I, then I saw hubby finishing off our son's CD Mimosa Hair Honey, he likes it, lol. Not cheap though.
  • ajnaajna Posts: 494Registered Users
    I do like her browning oil and I used to like her body butter but the stuff is just so heavily scented it was setting off my allergies.

As for the monoi line the conditioner has two cones (that are not water soluble) and I am not a fan of shampoo so I will pass.
    Hair Type: 3c/4a/4b, fine, normal porosity

http://public.fotki.com/Ajnamhuja/
  • blackguitargirlblackguitargirl Posts: 492Registered Users
    I probably won't. I'm satisfied with the products I've got now.
    4a/4b
    last relaxer dec. 2007
    BC dec 29, 2008
    :headbang: 4 years natural!
    Music blog :hiding:
    Writing blog
    My Book: The Lost King
    ajna wrote: »
    I do like her browning oil and I used to like her body butter but the stuff is just so heavily scented it was setting off my allergies.

As for the monoi line the conditioner has two cones (that are not water soluble) and I am not a fan of shampoo so I will pass.

Same here re setting off my allergies. I can handle the browning oil and Lisa's Hair Elixir, but this time of the year, my threshold is pretty low for heavy scents. The hair milk sets it off, I think it's the lemongrass. I didn't even realize the co in this line had cones! Thought I checked that, lol!

On another note, the ad for this line caused quite a stir.

Sent from my MB300 using CurlTalk App
    I probably won't. I'm satisfied with the products I've got now.

God bless you with your self-control and ability to know when to stop.

Passed by CD on my way to Tarjay today and I must say I love the smell of this line!

• EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The condish (not DC) looks pretty good. I didn't see any cones. I'll prob get it next time I go to Sephora. Which will be after July 4, of course.
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    The condish (not DC) looks pretty good. I didn't see any cones. I'll prob get it next time I go to Sephora. Which will be after July 4, of course.

Okay so I wasn't losing it re the cones, lol.
    Monoi Repairing Conditioner
    8.5 oz.
    REGULAR PRICE: $20.00

Ingredients:
    Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Glycerin, Isododecane, Fragrance (Parfum), Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Isohexadecane, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Oil, Phyllostachis Bambusoides Juice, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Hydrolyzed Silk, Hydrolyzed Hibiscus Esculentus Extract, Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Panthenol (Pro-vitamin B5), Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Octyldodecanol, Ceteareth-20, Quaternium-91, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone
  • sassywillowsassywillow Posts: 829Registered Users

Okay so I wasn't losing it re the cones, lol.
    Monoi Repairing Conditioner
    8.5 oz.
    REGULAR PRICE: $20.00

Ingredients:
    Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Glycerin, Isododecane, Fragrance (Parfum), Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Isohexadecane, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Oil, Phyllostachis Bambusoides Juice, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Hydrolyzed Silk, Hydrolyzed Hibiscus Esculentus Extract, Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Panthenol (Pro-vitamin B5), Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Octyldodecanol, Ceteareth-20, Quaternium-91, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone
    The Iso... ingredients are paraffin derivatives.
    Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine is a lipid based conditioning agent. I don't see any cones in this product, unless I'm missing something.
    Ah...to be a well pampered pootiecat. I can sleep on my owner's lap. Roll over on my back when I want my stomach rubbed. Purr with delight. Suddenly jump off and walk away for no reason. Not respond when I am called. Throw my leg up and lick with intense abandon. Sleep 85% of the time. Hang my head off the couch and view the world upside down.:laughing5:
  • LanishaLanisha Posts: 467Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    For fragrance to be that high on the list it makes me wonder...
    Lanisha wrote: »
    For fragrance to be that high on the list it makes me wonder...

Man, but it smells so good!!
  • sassywillowsassywillow Posts: 829Registered Users
    There is a video review on Sephora's site. (the conditioner review). The young lady has 3b curly hair and she said the conditioner AND mask did NOTHING for her hair. In fact she said it made it drier. She did not recommend the products for curly to kinky hair types. She did love the shampoo. FYI
    Ah...to be a well pampered pootiecat. I can sleep on my owner's lap. Roll over on my back when I want my stomach rubbed. Purr with delight. Suddenly jump off and walk away for no reason. Not respond when I am called. Throw my leg up and lick with intense abandon. Sleep 85% of the time. Hang my head off the couch and view the world upside down.:laughing5:
    There is a video review on Sephora's site. (the conditioner review). The young lady has 3b curly hair and she said the conditioner AND mask did NOTHING for her hair. In fact she said it made it drier. She did not recommend the products for curly to kinky hair types. She did love the shampoo. FYI

Thanks, I did hear that about certain CD products, that it's drying. Most of the stuff I get from her are oils/oil based so I haven't experienced that per se. But I did try the milk in my son's hair and I didn't think it did anything it said it would, his hair drank that up in a minute and looked dry in no time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file