CurlTalk

Wash 'n' Go????

BM0R3NaturalBM0R3Natural Posts: 5Registered Users
For all my fellow transitioners and fully naturals:

How long was it into your transition before you were able to do a wash 'n' go and get the desired results?

I really want to do one but I feel like I won't be able to do it (without it looking a mess) until I am fully natural and have a definite curl pattern.

Comments

• pprMACHEheartpprMACHEheart Posts: 1,665Registered Users
    I think, when I was transitioning, I attempted a wash and go once . . let's just say it was lack luster and stringy at the ends because of the two textures.

You can always try a twist out to get a curly all over look. I wasn't able to do a wash and go until after I BC'd.
    last relaxer; 082708, BC; 081810, CG; 122410
    high porosity, med/coarse texture, high density, color treated
    condish;TN, DevaCurl Heaven in Hair stylers; Heaven in Hair, DevaCurl Curl Cream oils;Castor Oil

YTChannel: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2Fpapiermachecurls" class="Popup

s-event.pngs-event.png
  • BM0R3NaturalBM0R3Natural Posts: 5Registered Users
    I think, when I was transitioning, I attempted a wash and go once . . let's just say it was lack luster and stringy at the ends because of the two textures.

You can always try a twist out to get a curly all over look. I wasn't able to do a wash and go until after I BC'd.

yeah i do twist outs all the time. I just keep hearing about wash and gos and wondered if any transitioners ever tried it.
  • Al1020BlueAl1020Blue Posts: 147Registered Users
    I attempted one while I was transitioning it looked atrocious...the two textures just didn't look good...

WnG x (natural hair + relaxed ends) = no bueno...:confused3:
    If at first you don't succeed you must try, try, try again...:disgust:

Current Products:

Poo: SM Moisture Retention Shampoo & SM African Black Soap

LI Condish: Oyin HH, SM DTM, SM Y&A Milk
    DC: SM DTM, Honey & Oil Blend
    Stylers: Oyin S&D, Oyin BSP, Oyin J&B, EcoStyler (Blue), SM C&S Milk
    Oils: Tea Tree, Grapeseed, EVOO, Vatika Oil, Sweet Almond, Avocado Oil, SM RSB Elixir

We are all so much together, but we are all dying of loneliness - A. Schweitzer
  • OBXSportyOBXSporty Posts: 1Registered Users
    i am 2 months into my transition. i wash n go every morning. i work out in the morning then co-wash, put on anti-frizz serum, then seal. i pulled the top half back in a hair clip and left the lower half to fall free. The hair in the hair clip did fine... softer looser curl. the bottom half was a tighter curl. it was small spirals. i need to find a product that will loosen the curl a tad and all will be fine. i am still figuring out what products to use in my hair. i am experimenting with avon's advanced techniques frizz control conditioner, frizz serum, and skin so soft bath oil.
  • fonkifonki Posts: 353Registered Users

yeah i do twist outs all the time. I just keep hearing about wash and gos and wondered if any transitioners ever tried it.

I WNG either every day or every 2nd day. My relaxed ends get more straighter if I dont. so I pretty much need to WNG everyday. By day 2 & def by day 3, the difference in my natural locks & relaxed is so stark - it really doesn't look good esp since the ends look more dried&fried by day2/3 onwards.

I tried a twist out last night & it looked good on the natural part of my hair but the relaxed bits didn't curl at all. Has anyone overcome this problem?

I can't wait to be all natural again. :)
  • fonkifonki Posts: 353Registered Users
    I read on another forum that curling my relaxed ends with flexirods is the answer. I'll def b giving this a try soon
  • PopMamiPopMami Posts: 12Registered Users
    Hahaha I can't do it either. Perm ends look crappy.