Co washes I love

pharaohpharaoh Registered Users Posts: 156 Curl Neophyte
I wanted to post two co washes that really really work for me (2a who needs moisture waaaay over protein).

I was using CJ daily fix and it worked good, but is pretty expensive. First I tried Tresemmes Naturals moisture. I LOVE it. No real smell to me, great thickness and makes my hair bouncier. The other day I bought the Yes to cucumbers conditioner for color treated hair. I LOVE it too!

I get second day hair (that's actually better than the first) with both of them and am getting root wave. Never have I had either.

Just wanted to pass it on. If you're a 2a, moisture over protein, oilier, easy to get weighed down girl, give these a try!

I'm using curls goddess glaze right now to use it up. Then I'm going to switch to something that might give me more hold....any suggestions.

Oh and I do make my own FSG that I love and is really helpful. How much magnesium sulfate is pushing the limit? It really helps my waves.:blob7:

Comments

• curlyserfcurlyserf Registered Users Posts: 858
    pharaoh wrote: »
    I wanted to post two co washes that really really work for me (2a who needs moisture waaaay over protein).

I was using CJ daily fix and it worked good, but is pretty expensive. First I tried Tresemmes Naturals moisture. I LOVE it. No real smell to me, great thickness and makes my hair bouncier. The other day I bought the Yes to cucumbers conditioner for color treated hair. I LOVE it too!

I get second day hair (that's actually better than the first) with both of them and am getting root wave. Never have I had either.

Just wanted to pass it on. If you're a 2a, moisture over protein, oilier, easy to get weighed down girl, give these a try!

I'm using curls goddess glaze right now to use it up. Then I'm going to switch to something that might give me more hold....any suggestions.

Oh and I do make my own FSG that I love and is really helpful. How much magnesium sulfate is pushing the limit? It really helps my waves.:blob7:

I recently started to co-wash again and have been using the Tresseme Naturals Moisturizing, too. I am having great results with it - smooth, shiny hair with lots of moisture. I love it , too!

One harder hold gel you might try is Alba Botanicals Strong Hold Gel. It gives me long lasting hold but no crunch. My curls are soft and shiny.

I've added as much as 1 1/2 t. of epsom salts to a batch of FSG made with 2 c. water and 1/2 c. seeds.

Kerri
    2?/3a ??? ; fine; high density; normal porosity and elasticity
    color treated

CURRENTLY USING:
    cleanse:Organix Vanilla Silk, Use Me Cleansing Cream
    rinse out/li:Ion Effective Care, Tresseme Naturals Radiant Volume (both with NPF added)
    stylers:Curl Keeper, UFD Curly Magic, & Alba Botanicals Strong Hold Gel
    PT:CJ Repair Me

mod CG since August 2010
  • wavynwild16wavynwild16 Registered Users Posts: 2,121
    Great! So glad you found something that's working! I remember reading a thread you started a while back asking for CO-washing suggestions since you couldn't find one that worked. I'm glad something is finally jiving with your hair and your scalp! :D
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:
  • pharaohpharaoh Registered Users Posts: 156 Curl Neophyte
    wavynwild,
    im doing SO much better. Testimony that when you are just starting, don't give up on the process, just some of the products. They all work so differently for different hair!!
  • wavynwild16wavynwild16 Registered Users Posts: 2,121
    Great! Another triumphant CG! :D So, are you just CO-washing now, or are you low pooing or adding some sulfates in there, too?
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:
  • pharaohpharaoh Registered Users Posts: 156 Curl Neophyte
    I'm just Cowashing and have been for probably a year now. I don't use a leave in or a rinse out. I think that would get too heavy for me. Just FSG (that I make) after I cowash. Now I'm using curls gel, and today I tried my cjcccl. It makes my hair really soft and wavy but I'm at the end of the spectrum with it. It almost makes my hair too soft.

So I'm still kind of searching for the best gel that's not all crunchy but has hold.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file