Making your own bun

cocoqueencocoqueen Posts: 24Registered Users
I would like to put my hair in a bun but its to short now =[ does anyone know how to make one if you don't like the ones in the hair store u can take on and off?

Sent from my Droid using CurlTalk App

Comments

• Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Posts: 955Registered Users
    How short is your hair exactly...I can't really tell from your pic. I have been growing my hair out since July 10 and even though I have cut about 4inches off my hair my longest layer is bk to my shoulders.

I too had the problem of not wanting to use a doughnut bun but I did want the added look of fullness so a few days before wash day I took out my bantu knots (I usually put my hair in four sections to do everything) & put my hair in 4 little puff balls tucked under.

I then took a piece of pantyhose and used that as my hairband and wrapped it around my puffs twice and not only did it pull them together into a bun but it also gave my hair the look of thickness that I wanted as well.

I now do this every week when I take out my bantu knots.

HTH
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
    (Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)

Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's

event.png

event.png
  • hippiedollhippiedoll Posts: 398Registered Users
    You can do a high pony tail that isn't tight and use bobby pins to clip the pony tail in a bun. If you don't want the pin(s) showing use small bobby pins.
    Products I'm currently :love10::
    • Karen's Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia (Vanilla Latte scent)
    • Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk
    • Certified Organic Coconut Oil
    • Karen's Body Beautiful Heavenly Jojoba Oil
      Staple Deep Conditioners: Giovanni Direct Leave-in and Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locks Hair Mask :love5:
      Recent newbie to the Curly Girl Method
      6 months post relaxer. I will be 7 months post September 17 !! :occasion9:
    • cocoqueencocoqueen Posts: 24Registered Users
      How short is your hair exactly...I can't really tell from your pic. I have been growing my hair out since July 10 and even though I have cut about 4inches off my hair my longest layer is bk to my shoulders.

I too had the problem of not wanting to use a doughnut bun but I did want the added look of fullness so a few days before wash day I took out my bantu knots (I usually put my hair in four sections to do everything) & put my hair in 4 little puff balls tucked under.

I then took a piece of pantyhose and used that as my hairband and wrapped it around my puffs twice and not only did it pull them together into a bun but it also gave my hair the look of thickness that I wanted as well.

I now do this every week when I take out my bantu knots.

HTH

My hair is a little longer than chin length but in the back its very very short

Sent from my Droid using CurlTalk App
    • hippiedollhippiedoll Posts: 398Registered Users
      You Tube is a great tool to learn new hair styles or consult a natural hair stylist.
      Products I'm currently :love10::
      • Karen's Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia (Vanilla Latte scent)
      • Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk
      • Certified Organic Coconut Oil
      • Karen's Body Beautiful Heavenly Jojoba Oil
        Staple Deep Conditioners: Giovanni Direct Leave-in and Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locks Hair Mask :love5:
        Recent newbie to the Curly Girl Method
        6 months post relaxer. I will be 7 months post September 17 !! :occasion9:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
      Emoji
      Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
      Drop image/file