Do you get amazing hair when your on vacation?

BeGeeBeGee Posts: 8Registered Users
I travel a lot. Usually to the Caribbean. It is strange though because I usually have the best hair days when I am on vacation. I had great hair in the Caribbean, Hawaii, Florida. However, my hair does not like Santa Barbara humidity, which is where I currently live. Does this happen to other people?
3b with a little bit of 3a and 3c mixed in..

Comments

• SnickerdoodleSnickerdoodle Posts: 9Registered Users
    I totally know how you feel. I notice when i went to Orlando, FL i had amazing hair days....I also have them back in New Jersey where I lived all my life. Since I have moved to Texas a year ago i have had like maybe 2 good hair days ....it is so horrible. I think it just depends on where you are, i would have expected my hair to be horrible in jersey whether since its always humid there.
  • Kadi183Kadi183 Posts: 67Registered Users
    I agree with you too! I live in Germany, where it's usually a modest, colder climate and we used to go on vacation to Turkey or Spain, and my hair was very pretty ringlets without even any product in it. Since then I believe that my hair (or maybe curly hair in general?) really likes that sunny, rather dry weather near the ocean :)
    German Curlie :)
    2c/3a/3b, fine-medium, high porosity

Still figuring out what my hair wants! :P
    Loved yarn braids!!! :love7:

Mod-CG due to my fine hair and lots of time in a chlorinated pool.

No silicones!
    Recently using:
    Washing: Schauma Push-Up Volumen Shampoo, Hercut Shampoo for curls
    Conditioning: Garnier Fructis Volume, Garnier Arganoil Conditioner
    Styling: Loreal FX Gel, Nivea Flexible Curls Mousse

<3 Music <3
  • princesspieprincesspie Posts: 94Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yeah... I travel a lot too. The worst experience I had was in a small town in Greece where the water was so bad it made my scalp itchy and made me break out. I ended up having to use bottled water as a final rinse for my hair and my face!

I've moved somewhere humid not that long ago and have had to start using gels and oils. I've never been a big fan of gel before as I've never like using large amounts of product in my hair. But that's what my hair wants. :-?

It's a shame that what works in one place doesn't seem to work in another. The plus side is that end up learning how to "read" your hair better and learn what it needs. :glasses1: It also means you get to try all those products that don't work at home when you go on a holiday!

Good luck getting "holiday hair" at home!
    Hair Type: Fine, 3a
    Cond/LI: MOP Mixed Greens
    Styler: IGA Gel
    Oil: Coconut
    Overall: Just likes a bit of TLC

:love5:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file