Clarifying hsmapoo or regular (sulfate) to remove cones?

cHccHc Posts: 6Registered Users
Hi everyone. I'm a newbie here and over the past three days have spent hours (seriously, probably ten hours!) pouring over all the information on this site.

I've read all the info for newbies, the stickies, info about co-washing, products, read through many pages of the before and after thread, and have also bounced around to several blogs and You Tube videos. I'm so inspired!

I'm committing to the CG method, and am ready to purchase the products I need to get started, but I do have one question....

Do I use a clarifying shampoo or a regular (read: sulfate ridden) shampoo to get rid of all the "cones" buildup before I can do my first co-wash?

Also, is an ACV wash required in addition to a clarifying treatment to start off?

Thanks for any input you can provide.

Comments

• cHccHc Posts: 6Registered Users
    Anyone?.... I went to WalMart last night and purchased the Tresemme Naturals Aloe Vera and Avocado to use as a co-wash and maybe a leave-in (is it ok to use the same product for both?). I bought the Herbal Essences Totally Twisted mousse (they were out of the gel) for styling. I went in looking for Suave Naturals but they didn't carry that line at all.

I want to get started but still don't know if I use a clarifying shampoo or a regular (read: sulfate ridden) shampoo to get rid of all the "cones" buildup before I can do my first co-wash? Will wither work?

Thanks!
  • BlacksheepBlacksheep Posts: 10Registered Users
    I use baking soda and ACV. Mix the baking soda with some water and massage in your scalp. Rinse. Then let some ACV sit on it for like a minute or two. Just don't get that stuff in your eyes.
  • gianna910gianna910 Posts: 78Registered Users
    I just use a regular shampoo- without cones of course but i sometimes make a mistake of using herbal essences shampoos for clarifying once every Two months or so. But i short i gues you could use a regular sulfate shampoo that is cone free :) hth

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
  • cHccHc Posts: 6Registered Users
    Thanks! I decided to use a regular shampoo yesterday and then did my 1st co-wash.
  • gianna910gianna910 Posts: 78Registered Users
    cHc wrote: »
    Thanks! I decided to use a regular shampoo yesterday and then did my 1st co-wash.
    Goodluck!! :) wish you all the best. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file