Does anyone have one of those Target "Red" Cards?

M2LRM2LR Posts: 8,630Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I am reading about it, and it looks like you always get 5% off of your purchases?

Now that our Target has groceries (fruits, etc) in it, I am more likely to shop there instead of two or three places. I loathe Wal-mart, and I don't use Walgreens, CVS, Rite-Aid, etc.

Anyone find it beneficial to have one of these?
:rambo:

Comments

• PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    I have a Target debit card which I use every time I shop there, and yep, 5% off every time I use it.
    Minneapolis, MN
  • M2LRM2LR Posts: 8,630Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Do you have to transfer money to it, or is it somehow connected to your checking account?
    :rambo:
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    It's connected to my checking account, but I can only use it at Target.

I got it about 5 years ago, so I don't even know if they still offer it, but I assume the credit card also gives 5% off.
    Minneapolis, MN
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Novice
    I have one too - I think you can do it debit or I have a charge card. It seems like there are two different options online, but when I applied, there was one packet they gave me. I get 5% off all purchases and pay the balance online.
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Munchy wrote: »
    I have one too - I think you can do it debit or I have a charge card. It seems like there are two different options online, but when I applied, there was one packet they gave me. I get 5% off all purchases and pay the balance online.

Same here, and DH has a card on the same account. We shop Target most, esp now with groceries, so it just makes sense to get 5% back for myself and earn 1% for local schools. :) Win win. And beats my standard 1% back on our regular CC.
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • SarcasmIsBeautySarcasmIsBeauty Posts: 5,640Registered Users
    My mom has the credit card and it gives the 5% off, it comes in handy.
    Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.
  • SCGSCG Posts: 5,416Registered Users
    Yes, the debit card is still available - my mom has one and loves it!

I'm considering getting one as well... I feel like I'm always there, so it'd only make sense!

"And death is at your doorstep
    And it will steal your innocence
    But it will not steal your substance
    But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
  • PriscillaPriscilla Posts: 278Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Mine is just a target visa credit card. I do get the 5% off if I use it at Target. Since it's Visa, I can use it anywhere, although only the 5% off at Target.

Mine used to be a target (only) credit card, but like many store brand cards over the years, eventually became a Visa.
    Grace sets apart Christianity from all other religions.

No other religion offers God's love and redemption coming to us free of charge, as a gift, with no strings attached, no performance required, no standard to meet.

Only Christianity dares to make God's love unconditional.

(Whelchel)
  • kenzie!kenzie! Posts: 5,055Registered Users
    We have both a Target Visa and a Target Debit Card.

The Visa is just that--a Visa. It's a bog standard credit card and can be used anywhere. I don't know if they still do 5% off for that, but they used to.

The Target Debit Card is connected to your checking account, and can only be used at Target stores. You get 5% off, and we get extra percentages off in the mail sometimes. Yes, it does come in handy, especially since we buy EVERYTHING at Target--groceries, clothing, prescriptions, shampoo/condish/makeup/body wash, etc.
    Rock Chalk Baby!! If you aren't from Kansas, you just won't understand!

Dame Kenz Matilda Jayhawk-Rocksalt, heir to the family diamonds.
  • nes223nes223 Posts: 347Registered Users
    Yup. I have one. 5% off every time. It's great
    -nes
    3a/3b

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file