Best rollers/curlers

BekkaPooBekkaPoo Curl NeophytePosts: 3,861Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Hey ladies.. what rollers or curlers do you prefer for wet sets?

I'm not the best at rollersets, but I still try to do them every now and again. I had some magnetic rollers, but they were too slippery so I gave them away. Right now I do have some flexi rods, which seem to be the easiest for me to use. I also had the pink foam rollers, but never used them enough to get a feeling for them one way or another.
"The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
"...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)

Comments

• moodydovemoodydove Posts: 1,721Registered Users
    I have the best luck with black pillow rollers. I think the brand is Annie
    Big chop: 5/30/10
    CG, clarify with Aveda Brilliant Shampoo when needed
    Dense, medium-fine strands, lowish porosity. Avoiding glycerin outside the shower.
    Cowash:Suave Coconut Conditioner.
    Leave in: YtCucumbers and EVOO
    Styling Products: Flaxseed gel, Phillip B Soft Hold Gel, KMF Upper Management Gel
    DC: Doctored GVP or Suave conditioner
    Cleanser: Bentonite clay
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Curl Connoisseur Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I buy the plastic rollers (I think Goody makes them). Any drugstore carries them or you can buy them at Ricky's or online. Sometimes they have clamps over them which I throw out. I use bobby pins to secure them once I have rolled the wet hair onto them.

The type I like has holes in them to let the air in so that they dry faster. I have tried using foam rollers but they make my hair snarly and if I roll them tightly enough to get a smooth curl, it becomes a tiny tight curl. The plastic ones make even curls which flow into nice waves once they are dried and brushed out. I like doing a wet set with rollers (and some sort of product) because it lasts for several days. Unfortunately, when I do a curly look, it lasts for only one day so next morning I have to start all over again which is a PITA.

ETA: there are some excellent youtube videos showing how these work. They don't slip like magnetic rollers - I can't use those either. Good luck! HTH.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Curl Neophyte Posts: 3,861Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    moodydove wrote: »
    I have the best luck with black pillow rollers. I think the brand is Annie

I've been wanting to try those. They seem like they'd be easy to sleep in.
    curlypearl wrote: »
    I buy the plastic rollers (I think Goody makes them). Any drugstore carries them or you can buy them at Ricky's or online. Sometimes they have clamps over them which I throw out. I use bobby pins to secure them once I have rolled the wet hair onto them.

The type I like has holes in them to let the air in so that they dry faster. I have tried using foam rollers but they make my hair snarly and if I roll them tightly enough to get a smooth curl, it becomes a tiny tight curl. The plastic ones make even curls which flow into nice waves once they are dried and brushed out. I like doing a wet set with rollers (and some sort of product) because it lasts for several days. Unfortunately, when I do a curly look, it lasts for only one day so next morning I have to start all over again which is a PITA.

ETA: there are some excellent youtube videos showing how these work. They don't slip like magnetic rollers - I can't use those either. Good luck! HTH.

Did you mean these rollers? VV

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=77361/Goody_Self-Holding_Rollers/0/Hair_Styling_Tools
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • KandyLandKurlsKandyLandKurls Posts: 118Registered Users
    I love Curlformers! My daughters curls look amazing after using it. Here is the link to see our review & view her set KandyLand: Curlformers Review/ Easter Style
    If anyone is interested in winning 2 Curlformers Styling Kit for free, come visit KandyLand to enter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]*Natural Childrens Hair Care Blog*
    http://kandylandkurls.blogspot.com
    -Hair Type 3C mixed with 4A-
  • ltownltown Posts: 20Registered Users
    I like the magnetics with the cap can't use the pins. But the mesh imo are the best especially the french mesh they are huge but firm, less drying time too.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file