LA Looks Nutra Curl Gel

Goin'GreyGoin'Grey Registered Users Posts: 301 Curl Neophyte
This is a new protein free gel. If anyone tries it please report back to me. I've not bought it yet.
3A, Protein Senitive, Low Porosity,
Med-Course
Wash: Suave Naturals Conds (excluding Coconut), CVSB
Rinse out/Leave In: GVP Cond. Balm, KCKT,
Style: Naturelle Gel(winter HG), KCCC (summer HG), Flaxseed gel
SOTC: JCNS
Love your hair: Love yourself!

Comments

• cam.washcam.wash Registered Users Posts: 35
    Goin'Grey wrote: »
    This is a new protein free gel. If anyone tries it please report back to me. I've not bought it yet.

OK so newly discovering that I am protein sensitive i have bought this gel before I knew that I thought it sucked because I would use protein conditioner and leave in under it and huge poof ball for more about my rant you can see it here...Looking for a Protein DC.

Now that I am protein free this gel is the BOMB! Leaves a nice flexible hold with bouncy, shiny, zero crunch and frizz curls! Yep all that and a bag chips...for $1.85 it slaps any salon brand or expensive gel in the face.

My only complaint i don't get second day hair like I do w/ KCCC but maybe it's me i need to get a good regimen down for that. So my pro sens curlies for less than $2 try it, try it! :wav:
    "Moisturize->Seal->Style-> SOTC"
    Moisturize-> Cowash:GFTN, RO:GVP CB, LI:KCKT
    Seal-> EVCO
    Style-> KCCC
    SOTC-> KCGP
    3B, Normal Porosity, Protein Sens, CG Jun 2011 :wink:
  • Goin'GreyGoin'Grey Registered Users Posts: 301 Curl Neophyte
    I finally tried the gel, the new formula. It did nothing for me. I was so disappointed. I really want to hook up with a cheap gel.
    I'm glad it worked for you. Looks like this summer it's flax seed gel for me and KCCC, if I can stand the drying time.
    Med-Course
  • mimikomimiko Registered Users Posts: 120
    I actually really like this gel, mainly because my hair seems to dry faster with it lol.
    3a/3b Protein sensitive
    Lo-Poo: MOP-C Hydration
    Co-wash TJ's tea tree, suave
    Conditioners: Yes to Cucumbers, TIGI Moisture Maniac
    DT:Ion reconstructor
    Leave-in: Giovanni DLI, Any of my other conditioners.
    Stylers: FSG!, Curl Keeper, HETT mousse, CJ CIAB, Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Gel, L'oreal Studio Silky Curls Gel, Deva Set it Free
    I diffuse and use CHS roller jaw clips
    I'm full Chinese and I never knew how to control my unruly hair until now! I <3 this website oh so very much.
  • caramix3acaramix3a Registered Users Posts: 462 Curl Neophyte
    Good stuff! I tried this for the first time yesterday. I used to use the old version, the Curl Look(the bright turquoise one that was discontinued last year sometime)for years, and was totally bummed when it got discontinued. Then I switched to the Sports version that is very popular here, but it ended up drying my hair out. It seems that I can't go about a level 8 hold in their products, as the drying out happened when I tried to use the MegaMega Gel(the bright yellow one) as well, at a level 9.
    Anyhow, I think I like the new Nutra-Curl for my 2c-3a hair. Will update as I go along!
  • Valeriia.SuaValeriia.Sua Registered Users Posts: 198
    Have you guys tried the X-treme Wet line gel - clear? My hair likes it. not sure if its protein free though. :

WATER, CARBOMER, TRIETHANOLAMINE, POLYACRYLATE ACID, GLYCERIN, FRAGANCE, METHYLISOTIAZOLINONE, METHOXY, CINNAMIDOPROPYL HYDROXYSULTAINE, PANTHENOL, ALOE VERA EXTRACT, TETRASODIUM EDTA, COLORANT FD&C VIOLET #2
    My Blog --->http://Curls2Envy.com
    198875_4013445726808_1954068923_n.jpg
  • Goin'GreyGoin'Grey Registered Users Posts: 301 Curl Neophyte
    @ Valeriia.Sua, Thank you. I can't seem to find protein in this gel. Did you try it yet... or do I have to go spend 2.50 at Sally's ;)
    Med-Course
  • Valeriia.SuaValeriia.Sua Registered Users Posts: 198
    Ive tried it..it does not dry out my hair. But I do have to water it down..its thick
    My Blog --->http://Curls2Envy.com
    198875_4013445726808_1954068923_n.jpg
  • summersOVERsummersOVER Registered Users Posts: 82
    I love this gel! It only works for me if I use a lot though- which is totally ok because it is super cheap! And i MUST wait to SOTC with it until it is completely dryI used to use KCCC, but it was just ok for me and not worth the $$ so I tried this with kinky curly spiral sprit underneath and have never been happier:)
    Definitely worth playing around with in order to have a $4 product work!

3a, s curly, fine hair that hates sulfates, silicones, and Protiens!

I have finally found affordable and attractive contentment using:

Shampoo- l'oreal eversleek reparative smoothing shampoo
    Conditioners- garnier fructis triple condition and l'oreal eversleek reparative smoothing conditioner
    ACV
    Kinky curly spiral spritz
    LA looks gel
    Hair that freely borrows from 3a/ 3b texture schools. These are the things I use to care for it:
    • Apple Cider Vinegar rinses weekly
    • shampoos occasionally that do not contain sulfates
    • conditioners without silicones or proteins (or so I think- Keratin seems to do ok)
    • Flour sack towel
    And I dont even know what else right now...thinking I may need to drop gels altogether...

Currently have Shea Moisture and DevaCurl products that I may just need to give up on and cut as a loss...
  • caramix3acaramix3a Registered Users Posts: 462 Curl Neophyte
    "Good stuff! I tried this for the first time yesterday. I used to use the old version, the Curl Look(the bright turquoise one that was discontinued last year sometime)for years, and was totally bummed when it got discontinued. Then I switched to the Sports version that is very popular here, but it ended up drying my hair out. It seems that I can't go about a level 8 hold in their products, as the drying out happened when I tried to use the MegaMega Gel(the bright yellow one) as well, at a level 9.
    Anyhow, I think I like the new Nutra-Curl for my 2c-3a hair. Will update as I go along!" - caramix3a

Update:
    After using this gel for longer, it's even more drying than the Sports version, so I'm going back to that, I think. I just bought a 4-oz. tube of the Sports gel to try out again before committing to the bigger bottle. Also, I have to use a lot more of the Nutra-Curl than the Sports version to get decent hold - that could be why it's drying my hair. I've eliminated other culprits and am religious about my conditioning too(I do color and am not about to ditch that soon.).
  • Ruthie11Ruthie11 Registered Users Posts: 77 Curl Neophyte
    I didn't like it either, dried my hair out. Then tried Suave Mega Gel, no protein, level 8..love it..cheap too.

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
    Cowash-Tresseme Naturals
    Hair Type-3c-4a
    Leave in-Tresseme Naturals
    Gel-LA Sports Gel
    Cashmere Curls for shine

:wav:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file