Explain your member/user name

techmomtechmom Posts: 300Registered Users
I thought it would be fun or interesting at least for us to explain our member names. Anyone up for this?

I'll start...let's see...techmom...I am a mom who loves tech stuff. I have no formal tech education, but can rock a web-site, custom blog set up, networks or databases pretty well. I know just enough to be dangerous. :) It's not curly relevant, but there's more to me than that.
2a (nc.com), 2a/2bFii (fia), normal porosity

Cowash:TN Radiant Volume
RO TN Moisturizing .
Styling products:AVG, Ecostyler Crystal
Styling Methods: Pixie-style diffusing - total fav
Low-poo: AO Nourishing Lavender

http://designdedication.com

saved by grace, walking by faith

Comments

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    I have a bit of an obsession w/ WEC :rabbit:
    I relate to him very well & a bit of an inside joke for years w/ me & hubby....I even have a personalized plate in honor of WEC :brushteeth:
    license2007100507285049gk7.jpg
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,727Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I've owned Jeeps for many years, I have curly hair, I'm a girl. Not very exciting but it's me.
    Altho I'm looking at a Ford truck so I might not have a Jeep for much longer. But I'll still go by Jeepy.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • TRBLTRBL Posts: 5,294Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm just TRBL, I've been called TRBL on many occasions, which I don't understand at ALL! I'm am completely sweet, innocent, and demure.

I'm also occasionally called TRBLmaker and/or TRBLsome.

So just to be clear:
    TRBL = Trouble
    TRBL ≠ Terrible
    TRBL ≠ Tribble :D

Maybe I should go by Trouble the Terrible Tribble?
    When I grow up, I wanna be a Jiujitsu Turtle!

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Its chaos a few hairs at a time. ~Minxy

"Dispute not with her: she is lunatic." -Richard III
  • yv0nneyv0nne Posts: 372Registered Users
    My name is Yv0nne .. yv0nne just looks so much more clever!
    HalfPastWonderful

Today was the day that I put everything in perspective!
    I fell asleep, when I woke up, everything changed.*--
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Redcat is a name I've used online for a very long time. When I joined NC, I added the waves...because I thought I was a wavy. After learning to take care of my hair, I found out I'm actually curly.
  • LadyV69LadyV69 Posts: 3,397Registered Users
    I've been Lady V for on the Internet for years. One of my favorite singers was Teena Marie and her nickname was Lady T. My first name begins with V, so I took Lady from Teena Marie and combined it with my first initial. When I initially joined this site, the name LadyV was taken, so I added the 69 at the end. The 69 represents my birth year-1969.
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

http://confessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com/
  • CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    I started here as Curlymix. I have two different sizes of curls so I went with a mix of curls.

Then I mentioned a fight I had with an ex which lead to a thread 'Curlymix is a trollop'. From there I changed it to Curlyminx and it's been that ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

http://public.fotki.com/curlymix/
    pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
  • JayneeJaynee Posts: 2,039Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It's just my middle name (which I love) with an extra "e"

• KurlyKaeKurlyKae Posts: 3,413Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm actually on my third or fourth name. I started with my own name, in 2002? Boring, and probably not the safest idea. I tried to go with a variation, which I didn't realize was similiar to a (then) active poster. She didn't like that, so I went with something else like: YesIAmCurly. Kept that until something happened between the sight and my computer. I couldn't get into my account or figure out my password.

So, I opened a new account. K is my first initial, CurlyKae was taken, so KurlyKae was born. Now I use a variation of Kae on all message boards I visit.
    3a/2c
    Trader Joe's Tingle conditioner wash/ conditioner
    AG re:coil, LALooks gel, John Frieda Secret Weapon
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    I've been here nearly 11 years and have had the same username the whole time! (It's funny how this question pops up every couple years... :) )

When I was in my mid-30s and had very long, very curly hair. I was at a bar right before I joined NC.com and some drunk guy came up to me and said (slurred? Drooled?), "Your hair looks like a party!" :lol:

Now that I'm old, my hair is much shorter (probably eight inches shorter) and not quite as curly. :(
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • gekko422gekko422 Posts: 4,869Registered Users
    I have also been around for more than a few of these threads, but I always play along. Like PH, my name never changed. Gekko for my love of all things gecko taken from the scientific name of the Tokay gecko and the 422 was my firefighter badge number.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

You know why pandas are endangered? Cause pandas ain't got no game.

Jesus loves you, but I'm his favorite.
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    gekko422 wrote: »
    I have also been around for more than a few of these threads, but I always play along. Like PH, my name never changed. Gekko for my love of all things gecko taken from the scientific name of the Tokay gecko and the 422 was my firefighter badge number.

Your story is SO much cooler than mine... *sigh*

:love7:
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • M2LRM2LR Posts: 8,630Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Well, I have been here a while, but my name has changed a few times.
    I started out as "loveitandhateit" because it's my hair and I both love it and hate it.

Then I was Mom2LilRob - cause I had a baby.
    Then I was Mom2LilRob&Co. - cause I was pregnant with baby #2 and had no idea what I was having.

Now, I am just M2LR. Been thinking about changing it again, but no idea what I would change it to.

Oh, and I did have another username from even before this one, and I forgot the password. It was Jewl1. Kind of a play on my first name, and when I was hanging out with some skaters/taggers in HS, one of them drew me a "tag" that said Jewl1 on it. No, I never tagged anything. :)
    :rambo:
  • SCGSCG Posts: 5,416Registered Users
    Originally, I was SarahCurlyGirl... Because my hair is curly (duh) and my name is Sarah. :toothy3: Creative.

But it just looked too long to me, and most people abbreviated it to SCG anyhow.

"And death is at your doorstep
    And it will steal your innocence
    But it will not steal your substance
    But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I was trying to join MUA and every name I came up with was taken so I went into my sons room and picked up his pokemon cards and found Starmie. Kept it when I joined here as I have little imagination!
    3b in South Australia.
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I had a few other screen names on nc.com years back. I wanted to change my identity altogether after a trying personal situation. "Phoenix" (dying then rising from the ashes and such) seemed like a clever nod to that.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • guinnessguinness Posts: 351Registered Users
    First it was Moptop, obvious reasons. I've been around a really long time, maybe 2000ish, maybe before? I can't remember....I do recall PartyHair and Mar and Smurf...there were others :) Then and I lost that email address, couldn't get my password, blahblah and had to make a new username....GuinnessGirl. Obvious reasons. Then I shortened it to Guinness. Then I changed it to LemonLime, because I thought my Guinness days were over. I was wrong.
  • Tuchie09Tuchie09 Posts: 388Registered Users
    When I was in middle school I was a little overweight, complete with chubby face, so my sister called me "Two chins", yeah she was a doll...

Soon she got tired of saying Two chins, so instead of just not calling me that altogether she shortened it to "Toochie". I use to hate it when she'd call me that but that was back in middle school when we hated each other (seriously). Now that we're very close I don't mind her calling me Toochie, I can't even remember the last time she called me Olivia.

But stupid me, I keep spelling it "Tuchie", eh, whatever. And 09 is my HS graduation year so there we have it, Tuchie09. :wink:
    Curly in Okinawa, Japan where only the toughest curls can stand up to this heat and humidity.

My Arsenal:
    Shampoo: Waiting on SM African Black soap shampoo to makes its way to me...
    Conditioner(s): CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
    Treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Deep Fix, CJ Repair Me!
    Oil: Apricot Kernel Oil
    Stylers: CD Loc Butter for twists, CJAF, CJCQ (haven't figured out how to work this though...)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I've been called Speckla most of my life. My real name is Becky. Speck rhymes with Beck. :) My friend's father gave me the nick because he said I was a speck of a girl. The name stuck.
  • fig jamfig jam Posts: 2,555Registered Users
    Yes, this comes up from time to time . . .

I've had this user name ALMOST the whole time. I changed it in honor of Little Miss Booyah, who was looking for a recipe for fig jam, and (I think -- memory grows dim!) another member (Rubyloxx, of the Ben Brain Thingy fame) kept saying she had a great recipe and no matter how LMB tried to get her to give her the recipe, Rubyloxx kept ignoring the requests. Or something like that.

You had to be there.
    "Tell me, are you incapable of restraining yourself, or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?"

"Honey Badger don't care!"
  • AG.AG. Posts: 1,519Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My initials.
    Northern Colombia.
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,391Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Princess Eilonwy, daughter of Angharad, daughter of Regat, of the Royal House of Llyr

Also, it's a pretty common username. If you google for it, you'll find thousands of usernames based on "Eilonwy." So not only do I love the character, but I figured that using a very popular username would up my anonymity. (I use a very different name for every online account I have.)
  • fig jamfig jam Posts: 2,555Registered Users
    I have a bit of an obsession w/ WEC :rabbit:
    I relate to him very well & a bit of an inside joke for years w/ me & hubby....I even have a personalized plate in honor of WEC :brushteeth:
    license2007100507285049gk7.jpg

I'm pretty surprised you would print your license plate, as concerned as you have been in the past about your privacy/identity, etc. It's not hard to get a lot of info about a person with just that bit of information.
    "Tell me, are you incapable of restraining yourself, or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?"

"Honey Badger don't care!"
  • cyndicyndi Posts: 3,341Registered Users
    Pretty boring, it's my name, or rather a shortened version of my name.
    I think that I deceive genius.:happy10:
  • 1paperairplane1paperairplane Posts: 72Registered Users
    Graceland is the name of my favorite album by my favorite musical genius, Paul Simon.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file