DB Curling Cream Gel or CJ Smoothing Lotion

tabbysuetabbysue Posts: 122Registered Users
Hey ladies!

I have a question...for those who have tried both of these products, which do you prefer and why? Once the weather started getting warm, I now only use DBCC as my leave in and CJ CIAB as my styler for my wash and goes and get AWESOME results. The reason why I'm considering CJ Smoothing Lotion to replace my DB is because this is now the only product that I purchase from Darcys and I'm not sure if I can justify spending $20 on a 8oz bottle (product + shipping). I love the slip that I get with the curling cream since I finger comb my products in and hope the smoothing lotion is the same way.

All input is appreciated, thanks ladies!
Shampoo: TJ Tea Tree Tingle (only to remove buildup)
Co-wash/Detangler: Suave Naturals Conditioner
Leave-in/Styler: Uncle Funky's Curly Magic
2nd day refresher: Uncle Funky's Thirsty Curls
Routine: Wash and Go
Porosity: Normal-High
Texture: Fine/Thin and Kinky

Comments

• afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    tabbysue wrote: »

I now only use DBCC as my leave in and CJ CIAB as my styler for my wash and goes and get AWESOME results.

I have no advice but thank you for the combo idea. That sounds awesome!
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • NaturalistaNaturalista Posts: 5,491Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hey ladies!

I have a question...for those who have tried both of these products, which do you prefer and why? Once the weather started getting warm, I now only use DBCC as my leave in and CJ CIAB as my styler for my wash and goes and get AWESOME results. The reason why I'm considering CJ Smoothing Lotion to replace my DB is because this is now the only product that I purchase from Darcys and I'm not sure if I can justify spending $20 on a 8oz bottle (product + shipping). I love the slip that I get with the curling cream since I finger comb my products in and hope the smoothing lotion is the same way.

Hmm.. interesting that you're using DBCC as a LI. For me, the DBCC is a styler and the CJSL is a LI which can also be used as a detangler/RO, but isn't a styler.

Now, your question. I guess which one is more is going to be the better LI? CJSL. The slip is excellent and a little goes a long way. However, the price point isn't all that different.

HTH.
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • LolaKinkzLolaKinkz Posts: 1,198Registered Users
    Hey ladies!

The DBCC gives me hold and I use it as a styler like Nat, I can't style with the CJSL cause my head would be tangle city but it is by far one if the best LI's in my book, the slip is AMAZING and the moisture is great but I get no hold from it so I have to use it with a styler. But the CJSL is a great buy.
    BC: June 16th 2010
    TYPE: 4a/b; color treated, nml-high porosity; fine w/ med density
    :love4:Product Connoisseur:love4:

OMG my hair wets when water touches it!
    www.youtube.com/user/lolakinkz
    www.facebook.com/AshleyLolaKinkz

• EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    LolaKinkz wrote: »
    Hey ladies!

The DBCC gives me hold and I use it as a styler like Nat, I can't style with the CJSL cause my head would be tangle city but it is by far one if the best LI's in my book, the slip is AMAZING and the moisture is great but I get no hold from it so I have to use it with a styler. But the CJSL is a great buy.
    +1 I use the DBCC as a styler, not my leave-in, so I can't really compare. The Smoothing Lotion is truly awesome though. I put away some of my other non-glycerin leave-ins for the moment and am loving all over my SL!
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • mimismommimismom Posts: 202Registered Users
    LolaKinkz wrote: »
    Hey ladies!

+1 I use the DBCC as a styler, not my leave-in, so I can't really compare. The Smoothing Lotion is truly awesome though. I put away some of my other non-glycerin leave-ins for the moment and am loving all over my SL!
    I agree that the smoothing lotion is very nice as a LI. I just used it today after learning from Elle and Naturalista that I should be checking the dews daily and its 46 today in NY. I then used Jane Carter's CDC as my styler for a WNG. I've never used DB CCG as a LI but maybe it could work since it's so thin and runny. Now I have to experiment this weekend; plus I'm still trying to figure out how to use the CJ CIAB.
  • tabbysuetabbysue Posts: 122Registered Users
    Thanks for your input ladies, as always:)

I got the CJSL last nite (Easter product haul from CJ) and paired it with CIAB. I was surprised how little I needed, I use almost a palm full for DBCCG. My hair is still slightly damp, but my results are pretty identical to my DBCCG/CIAB combo but I did have slight frizzies at the top. I have to further experiment with this new combo. I attached a pic of my results below.

Also, I know you're probably not supposed to use DBCCG as a leavein, I love it and I've been using this combo for about a month and half. I haven't had any issues with dryness, I'm guessing its because of the consistency, my hair loves runny products.

Thanks again ladies!
    Attachment not found.

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
    Thanks for your input ladies, as always:)

I got the CJSL last nite (Easter product haul from CJ) and paired it with CIAB. I was surprised how little I needed, I use almost a palm full for DBCCG. My hair is still slightly damp, but my results are pretty identical to my DBCCG/CIAB combo but I did have slight frizzies at the top. I have to further experiment with this new combo. I attached a pic of my results below.

Also, I know you're probably not supposed to use DBCCG as a leavein, I love it and I've been using this combo for about a month and half. I haven't had any issues with dryness, I'm guessing its because of the consistency, my hair loves runny products.

Thanks again ladies!
    Attachment not found.

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App

Here's my hair slightly damp with the CJSL/CIAB combo.
    9f0ef1fa-cb72-7fa9.jpg

Sorry having trouble loading pic:(
    Results with DBCCG/CIAB combo9f0ef1fa-cd8d-d6f3.jpg
  • mimismommimismom Posts: 202Registered Users

Very pretty.

Sent from my Droid using CurlTalk App
  • NaturalistaNaturalista Posts: 5,491Registered Users Curl Neophyte

I can't style with ciab as a sole styler, but kudos!

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter

I can't style with ciab as a sole styler, but kudos!

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk

Thank you!

I LOVE CIAB so much as a styler:toothy8: It has the right amount of slip and the light hold of a gel that I need.
    mimismom wrote: »

Very pretty.

Sent from my Droid using CurlTalk App

Thanks so much!

I discovered this combo when I ran out of my leavein. I decided to add more of the DBCCG to compensate and 'viola!' I was like 'forget a leavein this works just as well!'

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file