Overwhelmed! Please help :/

BeGeeBeGee Posts: 8Registered Users
So, I am not particularly "new" to the cg method, but I stopped doing it a while ago. Recently, after the realization that my time is essential and that straightening my hair is wearing on me, I have come back. I haven't used shampoo for about 2 weeks. I see a difference in my hair, but I need help on what products (more specifically styling: like gels, etc) I should try immediately for 3b! I have looked over the posts and reviews.. so please don't tell me to read them! They are overwhelming :/

Price is important, but not of any importance. I do love things that I can go out and buy right now too :)

Thanks again!
3b with a little bit of 3a and 3c mixed in..

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Your hair properties are even more important then your curl type for picking products/ingredients. Here's a link to help: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/67218-texture-porosity-other-hair-type-madness.html

Once you determine your properties, you can look for folks who have hair like yours and see what they use (most have it in their signatures.)
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BeGeeBeGee Posts: 8Registered Users
    Thank you for the reply. I found the information to be very helpful. However, I am having trouble figuring out if my hair is low, regular, or highly porous. Do you have any tips? I did the test but I can't be sure. It felt smooth but a couple points where it "snagged" but not really!?
    3b with a little bit of 3a and 3c mixed in..
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    If your hair takes a LONG time to dry (with or without products) it's low porosity. When I worked, I showered at 6:15, no products, diffused for about 5 minutes and my hair might still be damp at 11:30. It also takes a long time to absorb the minute amount of product I apply. Sometimes my hair is dry, but the products still aren't absorbed. My hair gets better as the day goes on. That's low porosity.

Can't tell you about the others, I've never experienced those.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • risosrisos Posts: 219Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My hair is long, thick, 3b curls and with product it takes forever to dry but without product it dries faster than with product in it. Every morning I cowash with suave's captivating curls and I leave that conditioner in my hair. I only use my fingers to comb the conditioner through my hair. With my hair dripping wet in the shower with the conditioner in I then use Tresemme clear humidity control gel or LA Looks the clear one, or the blue sport one and I comb the gel through my hair. I then scrunch the excess water out of my hair in the shower with my fingers. Then I come out of the shower and I apply spray gel that I made with the LA looks gel or hair spray (Daisy Fuentes brand) all over my hair. Then I I let my hair air dry a little. If I'm going to leave it down I'm set. If not after like 15 minutes I go ahead and style my hair into my updo or half up or whatever style I'm doing. It works great. My hair keeps it's length and it's not frizzy and it comes out very shiny and healthy! This is my spring routine.
    [FONT=&quot]Medium Texture, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity, Long, 3b, Brunette, Highlights.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
    Shampoo-[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Head and Shoulders[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Daily Conditioner & Leave In-[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Ouidad Curl Quencher Moisturizing Conditioner[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Creme-Ouidad Curl Quencher Hydrafusion Curl Cream
    Deep Treatment-Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition
    Highlights-Foils from the Salon[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file