Which size hat do I buy?

Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
I want to buy a hat. I found a hat I really like:

2_267502_FS_HS274.JPG
I have a big head, which is why I can't just walk into any store and buy a hat. Most of the time the basic "M/L" size doesn't fit my head. So I measured my head last night. Pulled pretty snug, my head is exactly 23 inches.

Here's a link to the size chart:
Shop Kangol.

A size large is 22 3/4 to 23 inches, and a size XL is 23 1/2 to 24 inches. There's also a note that says: For reasons of comfort, if your head size should fall in between two sizes we would suggest the larger of the two sizes.But I'm not actually between two sizes, it's just at the very top of a size L. I'm worried a large will be too tight, and that an XL will not stay firmly on my head if there's a light breeze because it will be too loose.

What would you do?
"I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'd get the larger and just add felt pads if it's too big, but I like the versility of being able to put my hair up inside a hat if I want to, and for that I need extra room.
  • Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
    I'd get the larger and just add felt pads if it's too big, but I like the versility of being able to put my hair up inside a hat if I want to, and for that I need extra room.

Is it odd that I thought you would be one of the posters who would have a good answer for this? I have no idea why! I read somewhere about putting foam padding under the "sweat band" to make the hat fit better. So you think that would work? And umm, stupid question, where would I get some foam or felt padding?
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    David Morgan: Felt Hat Pads

I wear a lot of hats...I despise sunscreen.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Def go up...
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• missbanjomissbanjo Posts: 3,088Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I had no idea these existed!
    Southern Colorado Curly
    Mix of 2s med-low porosity, med-fine texture, lots of hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file