I have to quit the gym :-(

LadyRaeLadyRae Registered Users Posts: 160
Well, I joined my gym (snap fitness) at the end of February. I'm a highschool senior, so I don't really have much money. My bills were my cell phone and my gym membership. Due to some financial setbacks, I have to end my membership. My last month will be May since it's too late to cancel that payment.

I need alternatives. When I go to the gym, I do 45-60 mins on the elliptical. Then every other day I do exercises to tone my back, arms, and legs. My last month was originally gonna be July since I'm going off to college in August, but that's (the gym) not gonna happen now.

Also, I'd like some tips on organic eating and possibly gradually giving up meat and portion control. When I get extra money I want to order the book "The Unhealthy Truth" by Robyn O'brien. I'm trying to get my eating on track. I think that'd make a lot of difference.
CoMpLeTeLy NaPpTuRaL SiNcE 7/21/09:headbang:

:scratch:Still figuring things out...Help Wanted

Come to my planet(Not really about hair, but still worth a visit!)!

http://www.ohsolovelyrae.tumblr.com

Comments

• anonymous_70323anonymous_70323 Registered Users Posts: 94
    delete this account
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo EarthRegistered Users Posts: 3,861 Curl Neophyte
    Walk daily, bike more, dance, check out youtube and other video sites for exercises you can do at home or in small spaces.

You don't "need" a gym to stay in shape.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • LadyRaeLadyRae Registered Users Posts: 160
    @curlsinbloom- Yeah I was definitely gonna use my campus gym when I go. And thanks for the tips :afro:

@bekkapoo- I've actually been wanting a bike for forever. When I get some extra money, I'm going to get one.
    CoMpLeTeLy NaPpTuRaL SiNcE 7/21/09:headbang:

:scratch:Still figuring things out...Help Wanted

Come to my planet(Not really about hair, but still worth a visit!)!

http://www.ohsolovelyrae.tumblr.com
  • madametjmadametj Registered Users Posts: 119
    Try the Zumba fitness DVDs on Amazon.com. I go to live Zumba classes and they're tons of fun! The reviews say that its almost like being there :)
    Hair Type: 3b/3c (I think! lol)

Quit using heat 9 months ago :)
  • blissdropsblissdrops Banned Banned Users Posts: 216
    LadyRae wrote: »
    Well, I joined my gym (snap fitness) at the end of February. I'm a highschool senior, so I don't really have much money. My bills were my cell phone and my gym membership. Due to some financial setbacks, I have to end my membership. My last month will be May since it's too late to cancel that payment.

I need alternatives. When I go to the gym, I do 45-60 mins on the elliptical. Then every other day do exercises to tone my back, arms, and legs. My last month was originally gonna be July since I'm going off to college in August, but that's (the gym) not gonna happen now.

Also, I'd like some tips on organic eating and possibly gradually giving up meat and portion control. When I get extra money I want to order the book "The Unhealthy Truth" by Robyn O'brien. I'm trying to get my eating on track. I think that'd make a lot of difference.

I had a gym membership and didn't even use it. I work out at home. You can run and bike outdoors. Hiking if you have trails nearby and there are tons of workout videos you can do. I also do interval workouts on exercisetv.tv, and use taebo and pbx90 dvds etc... and power yoga dvds, baron baptiste and brian crest are great.
  • smashleighfigsmashleighfig Chicago IllinoisRegistered Users Posts: 83 Curl Neophyte
    Start going on walks or jogs, It's free and GREAT excersice. I jog at least a mile or two a day. You could go to a school's track to do it, or just around your neighborhood, and it's free! Also if you could find a good deal on a wii, EA Sports Active is INTENSE and it's only $23 :) GREAT workouts! I prefer it over wiifit
    Ashleigh Elizabeth
    CG Since 7/2/2011
    In Between 2c & 3a
    CO WASH- Suave Naturals
    CONDISH- Sally's Generic value products conditioning balm
    LEAVE IN- KCKT
    STYLE- Ice Queen method
    GELS- LA Looks Absolute styling sport // IC hair polisher styling gel with sparkle lites
    HG- KCC = AMAZING! My secret weapon!
    FINISH- Plop // Pixiecurl diffuser method (on occasion)
    Learning To Embrace My Curls!
    :sunny:
  • sugarglidersugarglider Registered Users Posts: 14
    Check out Bodyrock.com zuzana always puts up new free work out videos. They are short super intense workouts. I have been doing them for a while they are awesome :) hopes this helps you!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file