How are people doing in those terrible Tornado areas?

OnduleeOndulee Posts: 1,305Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Best wishes and thoughts are with you all in the affected areas. Please take care of each other.
shoulder length bob; fine; 3A-3B; thin density; normal porosity; normal elasticity- my hair loves keratin, ACV, silk protein ,Curlkeeper and AG:Recoil ; needs moisturizing products and hates oils except mineral oil; CG- Jan/'09-mod CG Sept/'09;CG again Jan/'10/mod CG from Mar'10

Comments

• GoddessLalaGoddessLala Posts: 351Registered Users
    Thanks for asking. As far as I know, the sirens went off near my college campus, but I don't think a tornado touched down. Other parts of GA, especially NW, got hit pretty bad.

Thoughts and love to all those affected.
  • RawrSallyRawrSally Posts: 1,388Registered Users
    The tornado hit about a mile away from my dorm. People have video of it, from my dorm. I'm okay, and everyone on campus is okay, but where it did hit, it's a complete wasteland. I think I saw that over 30 were confirmed dead in my town alone.
  • OnduleeOndulee Posts: 1,305Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    where it did hit, it's a complete wasteland. I think I saw that over 30 were confirmed dead in my town alone.

I'm so sorry about this...it's so heartbreaking. I remember in 1985 a tornado ripped through our town but no lives were lost. This is a time when you will see the kindness of strangers, all differences fade into total insignificance and humanity comes to the fore. Please know all my best wishes and sympathies go to all of you especially to the family and friends of the lost ones.
    shoulder length bob; fine; 3A-3B; thin density; normal porosity; normal elasticity- my hair loves keratin, ACV, silk protein ,Curlkeeper and AG:Recoil ; needs moisturizing products and hates oils except mineral oil; CG- Jan/'09-mod CG Sept/'09;CG again Jan/'10/mod CG from Mar'10

• rolltidegalrolltidegal Posts: 307Registered Users
    I fled UA for south Alabama with a dear friend this morning. But power's coming back around the area, which'll help things return to normal.

I just never thought I'd be able to see Bryant-Denny Stadium from Midtown Village. Or DCH from Taco Casa.
    Roll Tide!
    I was at the 2009 and 2011 BCS National Championship Games :)

Medium-coarse, super high density, normal porosity, low elasticity.
    I'm currently trying out various Curl Junkie and Devacurl products.

Fotki: fotki.com/rolltidegal
    password is 'rolltide'
    You can see Tutwiler from MacFarland, I believe. You shouldn't be able to see that.

Do you have any idea what the best route back to campus is? I have to go move out, and I don't know a way in besides MacFarland...

ETA: My best friend just informed me that MacFarland is already open. So, I'll be driving through all the wreckage tomorrow. Frankly, I'm terrified to see it firsthand.
  • rolltidegalrolltidegal Posts: 307Registered Users
    RawrSally wrote: »
    You can see Tutwiler from MacFarland, I believe. You shouldn't be able to see that.

Do you have any idea what the best route back to campus is? I have to go move out, and I don't know a way in besides MacFarland...

ETA: My best friend just informed me that MacFarland is already open. So, I'll be driving through all the wreckage tomorrow. Frankly, I'm terrified to see it firsthand.

McFarland is open, yeah. And I usually come in through Alberta, so I dunno when I'll be able to go that way again. The other choice (from the interstate), if you don't want to drive through that area is to take exit 71 - that's Lurleen Wallace, and you can take it out to University.
    Roll Tide!
    I was at the 2009 and 2011 BCS National Championship Games :)

Medium-coarse, super high density, normal porosity, low elasticity.
    I'm currently trying out various Curl Junkie and Devacurl products.

Fotki: fotki.com/rolltidegal
    password is 'rolltide'
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    We're fine here. I live in GA. We had a few touchdown a few miles from our house. A few houses and buildings were destroyed but thankfully no one was injured or killed.
    I drove through all the wreckage in Tuscaloosa yesterday. Now I see why Obama dubbed this a national disaster. It. Was. Horrifying.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file