Rate This Look #37

CheetaraCheetara Posts: 2,182Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Actress Blake Lively

blakelivelyginger.jpg

spl271439_019.jpg

spl271439_020.jpg
Sort of CG sometimes, but not really
2B, medium? normal porosity and elasticity?

Cleansers -
Suave Clarifying, Philosophy Happy Birthday Beautiful

Stylers - BRHG, re:coil, Ion Hairspray

I live in the NYC area.

Comments

• kaybkayb Posts: 5,054Registered Users
    Love the look and her new do. 10.
    I ain't thirsty. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but I don't want all of them, can I have some standards? Or do we just have to settle, for someone's who meh and will do.
    "
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

I LOVE THIS DRESS! She looks a bit like she's channeling Ariel from The Little Mermaid, but the color, the fit, the style are all amazing on her! The drape effect is beautiful. She's not showing as much cleavage as I've seen from her before. And the peek-a-boo leg is very clever. It's technically high-cut but since it's covered in fabric so it's not too much.

I just wish she'd done something more elegant with her hair and makeup. I don't like her hair color either. But if she'd remained blonde maybe she'd look too washed out?
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    It fits her nicely and flatters her figure beautifully. The color is nice and complements her new hair color (why did she change her hair color???). But the swathed, gauzy fabric look just isn't my style. And the train thing is a bit much.

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I love a good mermaid gown. This one is gorgeous...perfectly etherial. It requires no jewelry. And the long loose hair goes perfectly with the gown. The skirt is way too long though...she's gonna trip and break something. That's my only critique. Otherwise, I'd give her a 9.
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't think red hair suits her.

Not in love with the gown, either.
  • PoPo Posts: 2,607Registered Users

She looks great. I don't like blue, but it looks good on her. And her hair color really suits her. The back of the dress is kinda weird.
    3c/4a
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,727Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    9.95 Beautiful dress, gorgeous color, just the right amount of skin and bling, great hair and makeup, she has a great figure. If she had worn earrings and maybe nail polish in a nice coral color I would make it a 10.
    I love this look so much. High five to her, her stylist, her mom, and whoever else helped make this look happen.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • TRBLTRBL Posts: 5,294Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

I like it (I'd be happier if the bodice was a little different, it looks too much like her bejeweled bra is showing for me). Wish she wasn't wearing bright pink lipstick.
    When I grow up, I wanna be a Jiujitsu Turtle!

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Its chaos a few hairs at a time. ~Minxy

"Dispute not with her: she is lunatic." -Richard III
  • NejNej Posts: 2,444Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    6 - I hate the hair colour on her and think the colour of her dress clashes with it
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-2027-1364839025-19.gif
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    TRBL wrote: »

I like it (I'd be happier if the bodice was a little different, it looks too much like her bejeweled bra is showing for me). Wish she wasn't wearing bright pink lipstick.

9.5 Something looks a little off with the bodice. Otherwise, gorgeous mermaid look. On my computer her lipstick is subdued.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • ShrekLoverShrekLover Posts: 2,551Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It fits her nicely and flatters her figure beautifully. The color is nice and complements her new hair color (why did she change her hair color???). But the swathed, gauzy fabric look just isn't my style. And the train thing is a bit much.

This exactly.
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    Love. Can't find anything wrong. 10.
  • FieryCurlsFieryCurls Posts: 2,904Registered Users
    medussa wrote: »
    Love. Can't find anything wrong. 10.

I agree.
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
  • SCGSCG Posts: 5,416Registered Users
    I love it! And I must be among the minority here, because I kinda like her new hair color. I think it looks better than some of the blonde colors I've seen her sporting.

"And death is at your doorstep
    And it will steal your innocence
    But it will not steal your substance
    But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
  • redhedgrlTredhedgrlT Posts: 178Registered Users
    I really like it. I think she looks beautiful. I don't know who she is but I didn't even notice that the hair color might not be natural.

She gets a 10 in my book.
    Texture: Medium
    Porosity: Normal
    Elasticity: Normal

I guess i am just average go figure.
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte

I think the dress is gorgeous, love the giant turquoise-colored cocktail ring. Nice subdued makeup, beautiful hair. Love the hair color — I don't know this actress and would have guessed she was a natural redhead.

I also like the combo of the blue with her red hair. Vibrant.

As is often the cases with these, I would have made it a 10 if I coveted her ensemble, which I don't. It's not really my taste. But I think she looks fantastic in it.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I like the haircolor also. As a redhead, she looks special. As a blonde, she was just one of a million similar Hollywood women.
  • kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users Curl Novice
    I love the hair colour! I have no idea who this is and assumed it was her natural colour.

I like the dress - I'd prefer it was one colour rather than two blues that don't sit to well together. Not so keen on the sequins. But overall it is lovely and shows of her figure well.

8/10
  • GoddessLalaGoddessLala Posts: 351Registered Users
    Ooh, I like! I like her hair color and the dress, but I do think the dress would look better if it were emerald instead of turquoise.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I don't know who she is either, and never would've guessed that her hair wasn't naturally red.

I love the entire look except the dress looking like it's too long, and not really feeling the openness of the neckline (or the jeweled part) I also feel like at least some jewelry would've been nice. It wouldn't have to be anything big or flashy, though--just a tiny touch of it, that's all.

I really, REALLY love red-haired people in aqua/turquoise/green. I get SO tired of seeing people wearing black/gray/tan all the time when they go out.

Overall, a 9.5

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file