Pray for Alabama

rolltidegalrolltidegal Posts: 307Registered Users
The southeastern US has been absolutely devastated by severe weather recently. Including my second home, Tuscaloosa, AL. Population is about 160k when UA is in session, and we were hit pretty hard. No structural damage on campus, but it's bad around town. Preliminary death toll is at 15, but is expected to increase throughout the day as more is cleared. I'm fine, but we could all use your thoughts and prayers as we move forward from these devastating events.
Roll Tide!
I was at the 2009 and 2011 BCS National Championship Games :)

Medium-coarse, super high density, normal porosity, low elasticity.
I'm currently trying out various Curl Junkie and Devacurl products.

Fotki: fotki.com/rolltidegal
password is 'rolltide'

Comments

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Absolutely...very sad...
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• RawrSallyRawrSally Posts: 1,388Registered Users
    Anyone who was on campus is okay. It hit just off campus. Things are crazy. Getting out of there was nearly impossible, but I made it somewhere with safe water and electricity.
  • rolltidegalrolltidegal Posts: 307Registered Users
    I'm planning to head to Mobile with friends tomorrow for a few days. My RA said they're hoping to get power back to campus at some point next week. Exams are now optional, May graduation has been cancelled, and they're encouraging students to go home as soon as it's safely possible.

Keep us in your prayers. 15th street is an unrecognizable mess.
    Roll Tide!

password is 'rolltide'
  • RawrSallyRawrSally Posts: 1,388Registered Users
    Yeah, I'm planning on moving out on Sunday. I made it out of town via backroads, so I'm just now seeing all the damage online. I saw a video just a second ago, this person got footage, overlooking my dorm, and you can see this 1/2 mile wide tornado on the horizon. I have just been watching that, thinking, that could have easily been me. It's horrifying.
  • kenzie!kenzie! Posts: 5,055Registered Users
    Well wishes are being sent your way.
    Rock Chalk Baby!! If you aren't from Kansas, you just won't understand!

Dame Kenz Matilda Jayhawk-Rocksalt, heir to the family diamonds.
  • cyndicyndi Posts: 3,341Registered Users
    Ugh, every time I see it on the news it makes me sick. I just signed up to volunteer with the red cross so that I can help with future disasters...I go to orientation on the 21st.

I hate tornadoes. Last Friday, I had to pull over while driving through a hail storm and later found out there were three tornadoes nearby in Ada, Oklahoma. I'm glad you guys are okay. Stay safe on your way home! I know how scary it is to be away from home when bad stuff happens. When I was in college, my college town flooded and was declared a national disaster. We were stuck on campus and everything was shut down. It was so weird being stuck there and seeing everything deserted and devastated. I remember the water was up to the traffic lights. That was bad, but I'm sure it's nothing compared to the stuff you guys are seeing. Ugh. Horrible. Sending prayers.
    I think that I deceive genius.:happy10:
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My sister and her fam are in Athens, AL. There were a few times they were in the closet for protection. I'm just glad they're ok. They started the clean-up today. No power still. Her friends' house was hit hard and lucky no one was hurt. Their boys were literally 10 sec away from a tree falling on their room with them in it. So scary. Reminds me of the 94 earthquake we had here in SoCal. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• rolltidegalrolltidegal Posts: 307Registered Users
    *bump*

Things are getting better, but we are still very much in need of prayers.

And if you can donate blood, please consider doing so and request that it go to the tornado victims in MS/AL/GA/TN.
    Roll Tide!

password is 'rolltide'

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file