OT: make up and girly girl stuff

Comments

• projectdanielleprojectdanielle Registered Users Posts: 545
    luvmylocs wrote: »
    P.P. wrote: »
    i like this blog too

MAKEUP BY CELLY

p.p. you rock! cool blog! there aren't many posts. is it new?
    She's been around awhile. Maybe she changed her web address because I've been following her for over a year. I haven't been on my Google Reader in awhile.
    Danielle
    Blog: http://www.projectdanielle.com
    Low Porosity, Medium Texture, Color-Treated
    Last relaxer: 12/09 and BC: 2/19/10

PJ Status = Currently MIA
  • P.P.P.P. Registered Users Posts: 1,617 Curl Neophyte
    i think i saw her(Celly) on Specktra(I usually only lurk there i think i've posted once) too? not sure..i get confused...also have trouble following blogs unless i do the RSS thing in Apple mail, or Feedburner subs.

i rarely check my Google reader anymore.:oops:

...Another makeup person i like is Uma something<looking around my youtube subscriptions>. I'm sure you guys already know her, I'm so late to all of this.

YouTube - UmaPreve's Channel

&

UmaPreve

she really looks like one of my cousins, it's crazy.:glasses9: i need to tell her she has a doppelganger on YT.:laughing9:
    True realism consists in revealing the surprising things
    which habit keeps covered and prevents us from seeing.
    - Jean Cocteau

scaled.php?server=707&filename=superwhymainimage.jpg&res=landing <---Fotki photo albums
    - Jean Cocteau

scaled.php?server=707&filename=superwhymainimage.jpg&res=landing <---Fotki photo albums
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Registered Users Posts: 8,449 Curl Connoisseur
    Foundation: MAC Face & Body (C6), Becca Foundation Stick and/or Tinted Moisturizer (forget the color, out of the moisturizer), Black Opal Foundation stick (Topaz something), maybe a Bobbi Brown foundation stick? I may not know the names or colors of Bobbi Brown and Becca, but those are some of the best I've used. I don't like Bobbi Brown tinted moisturizer, that broke me out. I have been using Bobbi Brown concealer in golden for a long time (since like 2004). I usually just apply concealer and/or foundation stick, powder and go.

I use the little container of Makeup Forever HD powder (it's white, translucent powder) over whatever one of those I apply and it works fine. I also have some Bobbi Brown powder in golden, MAC studio tech (hate it, never use it), and some random revlon compact.

Nails: I like several colors from Essie, OPI, and Zoya. My favorite OPI color is Lunch at the Dehli. Lately I'm liking Essie's Eternal Optimist and Merino Cool. Zoya I like lately include Pippa, Gemma, and Eva. Gemma is so so so pretty (green).

I am slacking on exercise. I put my inline skates and protective equipment in my car to force myself to go practice somewhere. I need to get a helmet. I have a 10 dollar gym membership with Planet Fitness, but haven't been in at least two months. :( I really have no excuses now that school's out. I have a piece of "As Seen on TV" equipment in my living room, and I never use it.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • principessa1984principessa1984 Registered Users Posts: 129
    You can always try Iman cosmetics (or MAC if you're not looking at drugstore lines). I think her line has a good range of colors. I'm never ashy w/ her. It's always good to try it on your jaw, but be aware that most women of color will be darker around the mouth and using the same shade of foundation in that area may leave that area a little greyish. You can either buy a couple of shades and play around with them or you can focus the foundation primarily on blemishes or in the cheek area (where the skin tone is usually more even).
    As for working out, you should probably up your cardio and do some strength training.
    Zoya is a good nail polish. Plus, it doesn't have phthalates (a class of ingredients I think should be avoided) like most nail polishes.
    My signature style: the "braid n' curl"
    High porosity, normal elasticity, high density, thick strands, DRY (must moisturize/oil and DT a lot), tangles easily. Highly textured...curl softener+demi-perm color.
    Straightened length: Waist (layers)
    Textured length: (variable) full SL to BSL

Condish/Shampoo: VO5
    Pre-poo: mild protein(VO5)+castor oil+tea tree
    Steam treatments: 1-2x weekly
    Daily routine and DT: Moisturize w/ Aubrey Honeysuckle Rose+Olive oil and seal w/ Avocado oil
  • NinjaretteNinjarette Registered Users Posts: 3,982
    Josie Maran Argan Oil...a TRUE gift from God. My skin is already pretty good, but this stuff has taken it ovah.

I have oily, breakout-prone skin. Hasn't troubled my skin a bit...and it's improving the texture and erasing the few dark spots I have.
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
    Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
    - Jean Cocteau

• projectdanielleprojectdanielle Registered Users Posts: 545
    There's a big NYX sale tomorrow. Prices starting at 1.20. Sale starts at 12 pm

http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/
    Danielle
    Blog: http://www.projectdanielle.com
    Low Porosity, Medium Texture, Color-Treated
    Last relaxer: 12/09 and BC: 2/19/10

PJ Status = Currently MIA
  • HennaRoHennaRo Registered Users Posts: 520

It's 12pm pst!

I just saw this on FB..I have perfect timing lol.
    Last relaxer: January 08

BC: December 08

First and only time going natural:wav:
    Holy Grails:love10:
    *Terressential Pure Earth Hair Wash*Curl Junkie Deep Fix* Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion* Tresemme Naturals(Moisture)* Vo5 Kiwi Lime Clarifying Poo/Elucence Moisture Balancing Poo* Komaza Care Jojoba Hemp* Oyin Burnt Sugar:love10:

FOTKI!

Follow me on Twitter! muffinator22
  • The New BlackThe New Black Registered Users Posts: 16,754 Curl Connoisseur
    luvmylocs wrote: »
    LolaKinkz wrote: »
    Phoenix wrote: »
    OCC is tha business! u only need a teeny tiny bit and it stays on forever I need to use my oil rinse to remove it. I have to wear a lip liner, they have a tendency to feather. The NFSW is on of my fave reds.

are they pretty true to color? i can't remember but are the mostly non-frost colors (which i prefer)
    meh. I just got my order yesterday. I ordered analog lip tar which is supposed to be a golden tobacco leaf brown. But the actual color is darker and redder than it looks or sounds online. The texture is also much lighter than I thought it'd be. I expected a thick, sticky gloss. But it almost seems like it would dry on my lips if I left it on a while, but I washed it off. I also bought a loose pigment, which is a bit warmer than I expected.

I might return/exchange them both.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • itsKelCeeEeeitsKelCeeEee Registered Users Posts: 1,084 Curl Neophyte
    I feel like the shade of concealer I need doesn't exist :( They're always just a little too dark or way too light or close but noticeable and it's the worst. I have a modeling call Saturday (if I don't chicken out). I'm not trying to have no cheap ghetto ghetto mess going on.

Just felt like ranting. :disgust:
    tumblr_mfb2v27JpJ1qfxenmo1_250.gif
    Big Chop: 11/25/09
    Cottony/fluffy, medium/coarse, high density & porosity
    SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL
  • TzarineTzarine Registered Users Posts: 90
    Did you get anything? I tried forever to get onto the site but I kept on getting error messages or it let me get on the site 1 out of 500 times and the site would be messed up and not complete. I also saw on some forums people were also having the same prob. I tried many times from different computers.... all day long. I am actually pretty mad lols seemed a little fishy to me. I wonder what they will say about it. Debating on buying from ulta... long drive and kinda irritated!

Sent from my Milestone using CurlTalk App
    I feel like the shade of concealer I need doesn't exist :( They're always just a little too dark or way too light or close but noticeable and it's the worst. I have a modeling call Saturday (if I don't chicken out). I'm not trying to have no cheap ghetto ghetto mess going on.

Just felt like ranting. :disgust:
    You might have to mix or layer concealers to get a good match. People used to tell me that and I refused to do it. I was just mad that no one seemed to make my shade. But I eventually gave in.

There's also a company called Three Custom Color (black owned, I think) that can create a shade for you. I never had any luck with them, but they have been around for a while.

If you could describe your skin color, I might be able to rec a company that has something like it.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
    the nyx site isn't working for me :sad9: oh well.

i did order some stuff from Fyrinnae but that'll be forever to get here.

Fyrinnae
    - Jean Cocteau

Fyrinnae

I ordered from them last month, it only took a 5 days I think. I had a small order though. If your big into pigments/micas go to www.tkbtrading.com and The Conservatorie - Private Label Cosmetics & Mineral Makeup - Private Label Cosmetics, I have ordered from both.

And NYX...99% did not get to participate in the sale, but the site worked after the sale was over though lol.

Oh and another one lol. www.pureluxecosmetics.com has a sale, kinda like Fyrinnae but less creative with names.

*Terressential Pure Earth Hair Wash*Curl Junkie Deep Fix* Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion* Tresemme Naturals(Moisture)* Vo5 Kiwi Lime Clarifying Poo/Elucence Moisture Balancing Poo* Komaza Care Jojoba Hemp* Oyin Burnt Sugar:love10:

FOTKI!

HennaRo wrote: »

Fyrinnae

I ordered from them last month, it only took a 5 days I think. I had a small order though. If your big into pigments/micas go to www.tkbtrading.com and The Conservatorie - Private Label Cosmetics & Mineral Makeup - Private Label Cosmetics, I have ordered from both.

And NYX...99% did not get to participate in the sale, but the site worked after the sale was over though lol.

Oh and another one lol. www.pureluxecosmetics.com has a sale, kinda like Fyrinnae but less creative with names.
    hmm, maybe mine will take less time too. I ordered 8 items.

omg, i'm too through with NYX...that was sooo lame!! I went back and almost purchased the items that I'd seen dunring the 'sale' @ reg price but my pride just wouldn't let me. I'd rather pay the money to companies who aren't playing mind games with ppl.:lol:

i will check out the others you've mentioned. Thanks HR!:love2:
    - Jean Cocteau

No problem P.P. I ordered more from Fyrinnae lol. Just came in today! Oh and the pixy epoxy is the bomb! I'm gonna have to get more lol.

I think in a week or so I'm going to order a massive haul from Inglot.

FOTKI!

• Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Registered Users Posts: 4,162 Curl Connoisseur
    I have FINALLY found the perfect shade of blush for me...whoooo hoooo!!! MAC rules....
    Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
    http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

12459237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    No problem P.P. I ordered more from Fyrinnae lol. Just came in today! Oh and the pixy epoxy is the bomb! I'm gonna have to get more lol.

I'm so in love with these Fyrinnae eye colors..they came last week. Much faster than I expected, you were right!:toothy4:

MED713 Medieval Haunting Loose Eye Shadow
    MOCM13 Pumpkinfire Loose Eye Shadow
    TU13 Týr Loose Eye Shadow
    PROE6 Gilded Wings Loose Eye Shadow
    DOKO13 Dokkálfar Loose Eye
    BOYE2 Boytoy Loose Eye Shadow
    ELER13 Electro-Koi Loose Eye Shadow
    DRAA13 Dragon's Wing Loose Eye Shadow

i love them all but so far my faves are Tyr, Dokkalfar & Pumpkinfire. :love7:They included a sample of Lucky Charmed that's really cool too.

I want to order some bronzer/highlighter next.
    - Jean Cocteau

i can't find the Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy ... are they still selling it? I've seen it mentioned on YT tutorials and on the What Sets Us Apart page but I can't find it to purchase. hmm.
    - Jean Cocteau

• *Marah**Marah* Registered Users Posts: 8,032 Curl Neophyte
    I ordered a TRUCKLOAD of stuff from www.cherryculture.com last night because of their sale. I got all NYX and Miliani stuff. I can't wait for my packages to come in the mail!!! Cherry Culture is having a 20% off everything in the store sale until Midnight tonight!
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg

I'm so in love with these Fyrinnae eye colors..they came last week. Much faster than I expected, you were right!:toothy4:

MED713 Medieval Haunting Loose Eye Shadow
    MOCM13 Pumpkinfire Loose Eye Shadow
    TU13 Týr Loose Eye Shadow
    PROE6 Gilded Wings Loose Eye Shadow
    DOKO13 Dokkálfar Loose Eye
    BOYE2 Boytoy Loose Eye Shadow
    ELER13 Electro-Koi Loose Eye Shadow
    DRAA13 Dragon's Wing Loose Eye Shadow

i love them all but so far my faves are Tyr, Dokkalfar & Pumpkinfire. :love7:They included a sample of Lucky Charmed that's really cool too.

I want to order some bronzer/highlighter next.

:blob4: Glad you love them too!!

Hmm I don't have any of those!
    1st order:
    Samples of Fujiro, Wicked, Nevermore, New Moon's Light. Full size of Sennyo and Catrina Cabaret as a sample.

2nd order:
    Samples of Shinigami, Digital Faerie, Arcane Magic Sequined Master, Cupcake Sprinkles, Arcane Magic Faerie Glamour and Otherworld as a freebie. Along with a full size Pixy Epoxy.

I :love4:Sennyo, Nevermore, New Moon's Light, and both Arcane Magics.

You have to stalk the site to see when the epoxy is in stock. Usually as soon as they put it up it's sold out. Here's a blog with great swatches for whenever you order more lol. Fyrinnae, my love « Eyeshadow Junkie Plus she has great swatches of my beloved Inglot!

FOTKI!

• curlyarcacurlyarca Registered Users Posts: 8,449 Curl Connoisseur
    Nea wrote: »
    Josie Maran Argan Oil...a TRUE gift from God. My skin is already pretty good, but this stuff has taken it ovah.

I have oily, breakout-prone skin. Hasn't troubled my skin a bit...and it's improving the texture and erasing the few dark spots I have.

I just want to say thank you for mentioning this. I got some and I love it.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Registered Users Posts: 4,162 Curl Connoisseur
    I know this is an older thread but I need help/suggestions with my makeup organization. It's ALL OVER THE DAYUM PLACE....partly because I no longer have a dedicated "place" to sit and get ready in the morning...so there's makeup in all over my dresser/bedroom. I've tried searching the internet and youtube to get some DIY storage/organization tips as well as some DIY makeup/vanity table suggestions. Any specific tips that you guys have come across that have helped alot? I'm also considering depoting a lot of my single eyeshadows and placing into plattes.

12459237.png
    Yes, depotting e/s helps organize a lot. I put mine into cd/jewel cases. See: YouTube - ‪CD Eyeshadow Palette‬‏
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

• luvmylocsluvmylocs Registered Users Posts: 7,578 Curl Neophyte
    i have my eyeshadows, lipsticks and liners/mascara in a 3 tiered case that i got from the container store (the items are grouped by product type). i have my mac single shadows in the big pro palette case (actually i have 2 but neither are all the way full) and they sit on top of my clear case. my brushes are in two different glass cups and my foundation and concealers are sort of off to the side (unorganized).
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • v1k2a3t4v1k2a3t4 Registered Users Posts: 89
    Sorry if I this brand has already been mentioned before but sleek makeup is where it's at! It's a uk brand but they ship to the US. All you have to do is google for all the raves it receives (mostly for their eyeshadow palettes!) I use their creme to powder foundation (one of the only high street brands in the UK to stock 17 shades!) and bearing in mind sleek makeup is a brand geared towards dark skinned ladies. I would check them out they are brill!
    2 african parents...
    1 girl...
    about a million, coarse, low porosity strands on my big, 4b (some 4a), natural head :D
    http://public.fotki.com/v1k2a3t4/

Visit my new blog y'all!
    http://vee-sugarandspiceandallthingsnice.blogspot.com/
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Registered Users Posts: 5,400 Curl Connoisseur
    I put the bulk of my makeup in those plastic carry cases you can get at Walmart and leave the ones I use the most out. I still don't know where to put my palettes.

I put my brushes in a jar filled with clears beads for easy access:

043-vi.jpg
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • NaturalistaNaturalista Registered Users Posts: 5,491 Curl Neophyte
    I put the bulk of my makeup in those plastic carry cases you can get at Walmart and leave the ones I use the most out. I still don't know where to put my palettes.

043-vi.jpg

I need more good brushes. I think I'm stopping at Target to check out Sonia Kashuk brushes

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter

043-vi.jpg

I need more good brushes. I think I'm stopping at Target to check out Sonia Kashuk brushes

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk

There is a GREAT video on youtube by Enkore that compares the MAC brushed to artist brushes that you can get at Michaels and AC Moore. I actually purchased a few and you literally can't tell the difference....except for the price!

12459237.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file