OT: make up and girly girl stuff

Comments

• montREALadymontREALady Registered Users Posts: 1,210
    LolaKinkz wrote: »
    I have one. I hardly use it.:)
    +1

The only time I pull it out is when I need some random color to pull off a look in my head. I primarily use my Wet N Wild palettes (surprisingly nice and pigmented), my NYX shadows, and some cheapie Nicka K or NK shadows for everyday makeup. I do need to pick up some Urban Decay Primer Potion. I'm really not feeling the Too Faced Shadow Insurance.

P.P. that Tarte palette might pop better with primer or another base.

UDPP is the ISHHHHH! AND it now comes in a squeezable tube, hallelujah!
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Registered Users Posts: 7,578 Curl Neophyte
    sleepymeko wrote: »
    To the OP, this is my face with FULL makeup. Click.

I'm wearing more foundation than I usually wear and I'm wearing cheap eyeliner since my other one dried out. Going to buy some Fluidline Blacktrack soon though!

I'm wearing:
    MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation SPF15(applied heavier for self-portrait)
    MAC concealer (BTW, I'm an NC but my concealer is a NW).
    Nyx B52 (that broke! Off to buy Twig...)
    IDK what eyeliner
    MAC Eversun Blush
    Colossal Volum mascara, but it's old :S
    Brown eyeshadow for eyebrows

I do really love Eversun. It's very subtle and girly on me I think. Kinda of that blushing look. Anyway...

Get out of your safe zone! Try new things!

very pretty! do you have good/clear skin or has your foundation and concealer covered any issues?
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
    I'm looking for a good bronzer for the body (especially the legs). Any recommendations?

meow cosmetics (online) has a good bronzers and glow products. check them out!!
  • itsKelCeeEeeitsKelCeeEee Registered Users Posts: 1,084 Curl Neophyte
    I'm looking for a good bronzer for the body (especially the legs). Any recommendations?

You can get bronzer for the LEGS?!

Well geez. Some so called "makeup guru" I am. :sad5:
    tumblr_mfb2v27JpJ1qfxenmo1_250.gif
    Big Chop: 11/25/09
    Cottony/fluffy, medium/coarse, high density & porosity
    SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL

jergens and some other brands have bronzing body lotions. they actually look pretty good. if you want to wear a light bronzing powder i think the mineral makeup is your best bet.
  • itsKelCeeEeeitsKelCeeEee Registered Users Posts: 1,084 Curl Neophyte
    luvmylocs wrote: »

jergens and some other brands have bronzing body lotions. they actually look pretty good. if you want to wear a light bronzing powder i think the mineral makeup is your best bet.

Oh, like those. Just kidding. :laughing4: I thought she was talking about some sort of powder, like you just said.
    tumblr_mfb2v27JpJ1qfxenmo1_250.gif
    Big Chop: 11/25/09
    Cottony/fluffy, medium/coarse, high density & porosity
    SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL
  • JessicazFroJessicazFro Registered Users Posts: 1,446
    Does there exist a lipgloss that does not rub off easily? I use a CG gloss but I get tired of having to reapply everytime I drink something...

Sent from my SPH-M920 using CurlTalk App
    tex-laxed(pfffttt) :dontknow:
    Thick/coarse/low porosity/low elasticity
    4a/b cottony/spongy

At war with my indestructible, armadillo hair...MY WILL BE DONE!

imager.php?id=2689460&t=o GIFSoup
    :tongue:
    Does there exist a lipgloss that does not rub off easily? I use a CG gloss but I get tired of having to reapply everytime I drink something...

Try a skin-tone lip liner under, put it all over your lip, then the gloss on top (helps prevent the color from bleeding too). Or when you're putting the foundation on your face, put some on your lips too (not a lot). But the truth is gloss is gloss, it's lighter than lipstick. Just re-apply, lol. There are longwear glosses though. Avon has one.

Sent from my MB300 using CurlTalk App
  • projectdanielleprojectdanielle Registered Users Posts: 545
    You can also try a lipstain under the gloss so you still have color if the gloss comes off. Lipstain looks like a marker.

Meow Cosmetics is having a sale this weekend.
    Mothers Day Savings Begin Right Now~!

Mothers Day 15% off

plus FREE SHIPPING

Save 15% Code : CatsLuvMum
    Just choose our FREE SHIPPING options when you place your order

$24 minimum for Canadian and International orders for the FREE SHIPPING
    SALE ENDS MONDAY 5/9 at Midnight EST.
    Danielle
    Blog: http://www.projectdanielle.com
    Low Porosity, Medium Texture, Color-Treated
    Last relaxer: 12/09 and BC: 2/19/10

PJ Status = Currently MIA
    ^^Lipstains are good :) I was just suggesting things you probably already have. Putting on a lipstick then blotting with tissue acts like a lipstain too.

• P.P.P.P. Registered Users Posts: 1,617 Curl Neophyte
    omg, best lipstain? hahaha

red or dark pink food coloring applied to clean lips with a Qtip.

seriously:toothy10:

if you're feeling fancy you can tone it with the yellow, orange or purple food color.

unfortunately, not very portable tho. OTOH it stays on like forever.
    True realism consists in revealing the surprising things
    which habit keeps covered and prevents us from seeing.
    - Jean Cocteau

scaled.php?server=707&filename=superwhymainimage.jpg&res=landing <---Fotki photo albums
  • The New BlackThe New Black Registered Users Posts: 16,754 Curl Connoisseur

I've heard good things about this one: OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE COSMETICS: OCC LIP TAR, OPAQUE, INTENSE LIP COLOR
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • atrackbrownatrackbrown Registered Users Posts: 2
    I've gone through a million foundations and have really had to search for the perfect one, especially since I have super oily skin that's also sensitive to dry patches because of eczema. Off the bat, I'd say go for Make Up For Ever's Mat Velvet (I'm #70, Caramel) or Face & Body (#12, Caramel) or Bobbi Brown's Natural Finish (I#6, Golden).

No matter what, I ALWAYS wear a primer to keep my foundation from slipping off my face and, more importantly, from oxidizing. I use a MUFE product for this too, but I think any will do. Also use a translucent finishing powder. The Ben Nye stuff is good.

______

As for polish, I'm a nail junkie and give myself a new manicure no less frequently than every five days. I like OPI, but I find China Glaze, Color Club, and Misa have more exciting colors. I also use Essie, Orly, Revlon, Zoya, Essence, Savvy and others. (American Apparel also has a surprisingly good polish that covers in one coat. They're all cremes, though, so if you want glitters or shimmers, you may have to go elsewhere.)

I find the key to keeping a manicure fresh involves a number of steps:

1. Make sure all oils are gone and that nails are dry before application. I use either pure acetone or rubbing alcohol to clean my nail beds.

2. Use a good base coat, preferably a sticky one. I use Nail Magic, but experiment to find what's best for you. Don't try the Orly one though; it sucks.

3. Wrap the nail tip. I use a little bit of polish on the brush to swipe horizontally over the tip of the nail before I do my initial coat. I also find that thin, even coats last longer than thick ones.

4. A good top coat. I'm lazy, so I kinda forgo this by using a quick drying one, Out the Door in particular, but a good top coat helps, especially when applied every three days or so to keep the manicure fresh. I used to use Seche Vite, but I found that it didn't play nicely with big-three free polishes and would cause my manicure to peel in large sheets.

Now, I know that the good polishes are expensive, but I buy them online from discount retailers and end up saving a lot this way. (I can get Essie for about $2.50, OPI for about $3.00, and China Glaze for less than $3.00.) The key is to order about six at a time to justify the shipping costs.

-Super Nail Supply LLC.
    Head2Toe Beauty Store - Hair Care, Nail Care, Skin Care, Salon Equipment
    8ty8Beauty Supply, Beauty supplies for less
    NAILOGY - Professional Nail & Beauty Supply

I've ordered from all of these companies and can vouch for them.

_________

Can't really help you with your final query.
  • JessicazFroJessicazFro Registered Users Posts: 1,446
    Thanks for the link!!!! I was really not wanting to pay $8 per bottle. Lol

tex-laxed(pfffttt) :dontknow:
    Thick/coarse/low porosity/low elasticity
    4a/b cottony/spongy

At war with my indestructible, armadillo hair...MY WILL BE DONE!

imager.php?id=2689460&t=o GIFSoup
    :tongue:
  • LolaKinkzLolaKinkz Registered Users Posts: 1,198
    Phoenix wrote: »

I've heard good things about this one: OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE COSMETICS: OCC LIP TAR, OPAQUE, INTENSE LIP COLOR
    OCC is tha business! u only need a teeny tiny bit and it stays on forever I need to use my oil rinse to remove it. I have to wear a lip liner, they have a tendency to feather. The NFSW is on of my fave reds.
    BC: June 16th 2010
    TYPE: 4a/b; color treated, nml-high porosity; fine w/ med density
    :love4:Product Connoisseur:love4:

OMG my hair wets when water touches it!
    www.youtube.com/user/lolakinkz
    www.facebook.com/AshleyLolaKinkz

OCC is tha business! u only need a teeny tiny bit and it stays on forever I need to use my oil rinse to remove it. I have to wear a lip liner, they have a tendency to feather. The NFSW is on of my fave reds.

are they pretty true to color? i can't remember but are the mostly non-frost colors (which i prefer)
    - Jean Cocteau

scaled.php?server=707&filename=superwhymainimage.jpg&res=landing <---Fotki photo albums

are they pretty true to color? i can't remember but are the mostly non-frost colors (which i prefer)
    I just ordered some so I'll let you know.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • greenandchicgreenandchic Registered Users Posts: 2,584 Curl Neophyte

meow cosmetics (online) has a good bronzers and glow products. check them out!!

Will do - thanks!

No worries! Its good when your legs have been hidden all fall, winter (and in this case spring) due to being too cold and/or wet. Its like a good two shades lighter now and can use some color when the weather is good enough to be out in it with bare legs. :disgust:

Thanks for the heads up!
    APL BSL MBL WL HL TBL | porous, fine/medium strands, medium density
    My Fotki!
    Below: Typical PS bun
    004-vi.jpg
  • makeupvixenmakeupvixen Registered Users Posts: 507

I just ordered some so I'll let you know.

I use the lip tars and I really like them. They do last a cool minute. I had the Valentino on yesterday for mother's day and I would say it lasted a good 5-6 hours before I had to reapply, that's after eating a slice of chocolate cake and drinking about 3 cups of water, oh and some mac & cheese too. So all in all it lasts pretty well for me.

I also use them to mix and make my own colors. They are great for that.

Oh but be careful, the consistency is pretty thin and runny, but still great tars.
    I'm super-excited to get them. I ordered some Sugarpill shadows too.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

• LolaKinkzLolaKinkz Registered Users Posts: 1,198
    ooo which pill shadows did u get? their red one is to DIE for
    BC: June 16th 2010
    TYPE: 4a/b; color treated, nml-high porosity; fine w/ med density
    :love4:Product Connoisseur:love4:

OMG my hair wets when water touches it!
    www.youtube.com/user/lolakinkz
    www.facebook.com/AshleyLolaKinkz

• wmariejwmariej Registered Users Posts: 121
    I'm new to this whole make up thing but I recently started use bare minerals and I love it! Its so easy and it takes me like 5 minutes to apply. My skin is very oily and prone to acne and super sensitive and like the commercials say it makes my skin better. I also use their new skin care line too and its the best thing for me since sliced bread! :)

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using CurlTalk App
    ooo which pill shadows did u get? their red one is to DIE for
    I got the black one and the purple. The website says the black is really dark. I love a dark dark black.

I'm trying to get some Atelier Maquillage, but I'm not even sure they ship to the US.
    wmariej wrote: »
    I'm new to this whole make up thing but I recently started use bare minerals and I love it! Its so easy and it takes me like 5 minutes to apply. My skin is very oily and prone to acne and super sensitive and like the commercials say it makes my skin better. I also use their new skin care line too and its the best thing for me since sliced bread! :)

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using CurlTalk App
    Now I want some bread. Man, am I impressionable.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

FYI, Rite Aid and CVS have Sally Hansen BOGO 1/2 off this week.

Rite Aid has Wet & Wild, BOGO free and Revlon & Neutrogena BOGO 1/2 off

CVS has Maybelline BOGO 1/2 off
  • projectdanielleprojectdanielle Registered Users Posts: 545

Rite Aid has Wet & Wild, BOGO free
    and Revlon & Neutrogena BOGO 1/2 off

Definitely a good opportunity to pick up the Wet & Wild eyeshadows.
    Danielle
    Blog: http://www.projectdanielle.com
    Low Porosity, Medium Texture, Color-Treated
    Last relaxer: 12/09 and BC: 2/19/10

PJ Status = Currently MIA

Rite Aid has Wet & Wild, BOGO free
    and Revlon & Neutrogena BOGO 1/2 off

Definitely a good opportunity to pick up the Wet & Wild eyeshadows.

Girrrrl, I may go back tomorrow. I was trying to be good :|

Yeah, high-end shadows should definitely be more pigmented than what those Tarte e/s appear to be. But you can still use them and get more intense color out of them. Just apply a thin layer of creamy concealer (not liquid or any concealer that dries completely) on your lids after you prime them. Then pat on the e/s - don't sweep. It really intensifies the color.

thanks P!:love2: I tried this today and it is a lot better. Tarte really didn't come w/ the pigment tho. I have other brands that I can barely touch and it's like wow.

OTOH maybe it's a way of doing 'safe' day colors?
    - Jean Cocteau

i like this blog too

MAKEUP BY CELLY
    - Jean Cocteau

P.P. wrote: »
    i like this blog too

MAKEUP BY CELLY

p.p. you rock! cool blog! there aren't many posts. is it new?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file