how to style your hair when it is dry?

GermanCurlsGermanCurls Posts: 13Registered Users
hi guys,

I am new to this board and have one problem. I need to wash my hair every day or let's say I think I need to, because I don't know how to style it when it is dry.

Do you guys use water, gel or what do you do?

My hair seems to be only very curly on days when I washed it (conditioner only though). On the next morning the curls are almost gone and I don't know how to keep them nice and curly. Any suggestions?

My routine is:

Suave Coconut Conditioner
Hairgel (whatever I have in the house and is CG)
Diffusing the hair until it is dry

I would like to not wash my hair that often, but I love how it looks when it is washed.

I am looking forward to your postings.

Comments

• proctorsweetieproctorsweetie Posts: 93Registered Users
    hi guys,

I am new to this board and have one problem. I need to wash my hair every day or let's say I think I need to, because I don't know how to style it when it is dry.

Do you guys use water, gel or what do you do?

My hair seems to be only very curly on days when I washed it (conditioner only though). On the next morning the curls are almost gone and I don't know how to keep them nice and curly. Any suggestions?

My routine is:

Suave Coconut Conditioner
    Hairgel (whatever I have in the house and is CG)
    Diffusing the hair until it is dry

I would like to not wash my hair that often, but I love how it looks when it is washed.

I am looking forward to your postings.
    Hello!!

I'm afraid nearly everyone on these boards is in search for great 2nd day hair! Ironically, my best 2nd-day hair day came once earlier in the year, when I had come to class and everyone was complimenting my hair, saying how "styled" and "sexy" it looked(and when I finally looked in a mirror, I had to agree)--and I has just come inside from a VERY windy walk! 8-)

As far as I know, washing it every day isn't awful as long as you use conditioner. However, this is too weird of a process for my curls--I can't do the CG routine. When I had long hair(just cut it yesterday!), I found LA Looks Sports Gel(put it in after a wash, let it dry, and scrunch out any crunchiness) to be a godsend when I wanted really great, shiny ringlets. However, I had to wake up anywhere from half an hour to a full hour earlier to keep up with drying times! Awesome results lasted a few weeks, but then stopped, so I don't know what happened. :/

Good luck on your search, and sorry if I wasn't much of a help!!
    I think Bumble&Bumble put it best: WILD CHILD AMAZON WARRIOR BOMBSHELL

2c/3a Botticelli curls
    started CG 27. May 2011
    :wave:
    Curl inspiration: Nicole Kidman's natural curls, the 80's/90's careers of Laetitia Casta & Eva Herzigova, the artwork of Milo Manara
  • GermanCurlsGermanCurls Posts: 13Registered Users
    Thank you so much for your help. Well I guess I just have to try out new things. I will try to fix myself some lavender spray to refresh the curls in the morning. but i feel like my hair (wenn I wet it in the morning instead of washing it) is just getting sticky.

Actually, the LA Gel I just bought a few days ago and tried it this morning. Works pretty good so far and is sooooo cheap:blob7:
  • danna harrisdanna harris Posts: 55Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    A water bottle will be your best friend. The plain old kind you use to spray your ironing with.

I'm with you on the best hair day being a washed day, but it is time consuming especially when you know your hair isn't really dirty.

I spray, spray, spray with my head flipped over, then I diffuse the underneath. It helps get those little dreds out and feels fluffier instead of straight down stiffish. I also mix a little Rocking Ringlets in with some water in my hands and scrunch the canopy part. That helps.

Another great thing to do is pull it in a pony and sport a cut hat! the hair closer to my head is what pulls out and loses the curl more so than the ends or back and that's why I do that or do a chip clip.

I also mist perfume in there when I wet it and I like that.

Do you scrunch? Jessicurl has a good video on that if you don't already do it.
    Hair: 3a mostly
    mod CG Fall 2008

co/wash - Suave Naturals or VO5, Naked Naturals shampoo from CVS - can't find anymore, replacing with JCHCC

Condition: Aubrey Organics HR, Moisture Maniac, Love Jessicurl deep treatment and her stuff!

Leave in's: Aveda Be Curly, Jessicul RR and CC, quarter and nickel amounts, AG liquid effects, KCCC (forever to dry), leaving behind the Aquage defining gel

Want to try some of Sally's generics
  • GermanCurlsGermanCurls Posts: 13Registered Users
    Thank you so much. I think I need to get one of those bottles. Good idea. Will pick up one today.

And I will take a look at the video. I do scrunch, but maybe I get some new ideas.
  • techmomtechmom Posts: 300Registered Users
    In my water I add 1tbs conditioner and 1tbs Epson salt (10 oz water) My hair loves it.

Sent from my VM670 using CurlTalk App
    2a (nc.com), 2a/2bFii (fia), normal porosity

Cowash:TN Radiant Volume
    RO TN Moisturizing .
    Styling products:AVG, Ecostyler Crystal
    Styling Methods: Pixie-style diffusing - total fav
    Low-poo: AO Nourishing Lavender

http://designdedication.com

saved by grace, walking by faith
  • plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
    Do you pineapple at night or splay your hair over the back of your pillow? Supposedly satin or silk pillowcases or sleep caps help achieve 2nd day hair too. Agree with the misting above too.

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file