I dont know what to do! please help!!

Hi curlies,
I'm really new to this no poo thing and i have spent alot of time on this site reading up on no poo, low poo and co washing. So I took the plunge and started the cg method! im really excited but i've got a few questions...

i'm wondering, what are some really good, really cheap low poo shampoos out there that you would recomend, and also a really good conditioner?( i live in canada)

and of course what are so good newbie tips for me. p.s. im a 3 a.

Comments

• angel29ishangel29ish Posts: 800Registered Users
    I am in Canada and when I first started with CG it was difficult finding products that fit the bill. I started with Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut condish as my cowash and I still use it at times. You can also easily find Live Clean products, most of which are CG. Health food stores, Walmart and some drugstores carry Natures Gate, Desert Essence, Kiss My Face and Giovanni products. A couple of other good conditioners I was able to find in salon product stores were Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner, Tigi Moisture Maniac, Tigi Oatmeal & Honey and Biolage Conditioning Balm. I still use some of these occaisionally, but have moved on to some of the more popular lines purchased on-line as you can see in my siggie.
    I haven't used any low poos so I can't comment on that. For cleansing I use CJ, DB and JC cleansing creams/conditioners.
    Regarding tips, all I can say is read info from this site starting with the "stickies" under General Discussion about curly hair. It will be helpful for you to determine your hair properties such as texture and porosity. Next, it helps to find someone with similar hair properties to see what they use and what works for them. Be patient and enjoy your curly hair journey! HTH :icon_smile:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3B, fine, low/normal porosity
    CG - July 2009
    CO/RO/Trt.-Suave, BCB, Tigi OH & MM, EO, CJRehab, SG, DF & CF, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Darcy's, K-Pak, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin, JCWDT, CurlQ
    LI-GDLI, Abba PGC, CJRehab, CF,SG & BCLI, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin
    Styler-FSG, Re:coil, CJCCCC lite & CIAB, Komaza CCP & CS, DB, BRHG, Joiwhip/gel, Ecostyler, Boots, SS, Gel-les'c, DMMCG, KCSS
    Too many others to list!
  • Lotsa loopsLotsa loops Posts: 130Registered Users
    angel29ish wrote: »
    I am in Canada and when I first started with CG it was difficult finding products that fit the bill. I started with Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut condish as my cowash and I still use it at times. You can also easily find Live Clean products, most of which are CG. Health food stores, Walmart and some drugstores carry Natures Gate, Desert Essence, Kiss My Face and Giovanni products. A couple of other good conditioners I was able to find in salon product stores were Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner, Tigi Moisture Maniac, Tigi Oatmeal & Honey and Biolage Conditioning Balm. I still use some of these occaisionally, but have moved on to some of the more popular lines purchased on-line as you can see in my siggie.
    I haven't used any low poos so I can't comment on that. For cleansing I use CJ, DB and JC cleansing creams/conditioners.
    Regarding tips, all I can say is read info from this site starting with the "stickies" under General Discussion about curly hair. It will be helpful for you to determine your hair properties such as texture and porosity. Next, it helps to find someone with similar hair properties to see what they use and what works for them. Be patient and enjoy your curly hair journey! HTH :icon_smile:

Agreed! Also Burt's Bees is good!
    Hair Type: I was thinking thick, fine 3A, but honestly I have no clue! I do know I have a super flat top, and frizz on the sides.
    No - Poo Shampoo: Kiss My Face Whenever Shampoo
    Conditioner: Burt's Bees More Moisture Condish
    Products: Kiss My Face Upper Management Gel, AG Recoil Curl Activator

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file