CurlTalk

Who gets accidentally knocked up at 42??

SpiderSpider Posts: 3,380Registered Users
:pukel:
Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.

Comments

• ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users
    Huh?
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    You? :evil4:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

:o
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq

• spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Congrats??:p

• joeyEmmajoeyEmma Posts: 89Registered Users Curl Novice
    Mazel tov! Wonderful news.

I work with somebody who is 46. She was complaining of feeling run down and tired. We all said, are you pregnant? "No, I couldn't be, I started the menopause 3 months ago....." Queue colleague going green and a look of horror coming over her face! She is now 47 and on maternity leave with a beautiful healthy baby!

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    UK curly.

3a-ish, with bits of 3b ringlets underneath and 2b/c waves on canopy. Medium coarse, normal elasticity, normal porosity (now know thanks to Curl Wizard analysis).

No poo- Palmers conditioning cleanser
    DT- Jessicurl WDT or Darcy's Pumpkin
    Styling- John Frieda curl controller gel
    Don’t like- Deva NoPoo, JC CC, JC CQ, KCCC, plopping.
    Loves air drying gentle scrunching with microfibre towels
    Don't like plopping, pixie method diffusing
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users
    Congrats Spider!!
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • P.P.P.P. Posts: 1,617Registered Users
    Congrats!!:love2:

Sent from my iPhone ~ YippieKiYay, MddrFqr!
    True realism consists in revealing the surprising things
    which habit keeps covered and prevents us from seeing.
    - Jean Cocteau

scaled.php?server=707&filename=superwhymainimage.jpg&res=landing <---Fotki photo albums
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    It can happen at any age. Congrats!
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users
    Congratulations!
  • Scuba GalScuba Gal Posts: 383Registered Users
    ha! congrats! Better you than me ;)

(in almost 2 years mind you ;))
  • maria_imaria_i Posts: 1,760Registered Users
    Congratulations!!
    3a/b, CG mostly.
    Mexico City.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FieryCurlsFieryCurls Posts: 2,904Registered Users
    Congratulations!!
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    Congratulations!
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • SpiderSpider Posts: 3,380Registered Users
    Thanks all. Still in a bit of shock, but now that the doc visits have started and symptoms are a bit more obvious, it's sinking in and we're starting to break the news to those close to us.
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    oh wow, congratulations!
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    Congratulations! How old are your other kids?
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

Amneris wrote: »

almost 16 (and learning to drive!) and 4. :-?
    omg, A, there is no way T is almost 16!? wow
    So, when will you announce this at the other spot? ;)
    0004.gif

• ShrekLoverShrekLover Posts: 2,551Registered Users
    I read years ago that women who get pregnant in their 40's naturally, meaning no fertility treatments, tend to live longer than others. It seems their bodies are chronologically running at a younger age than they really are. So besides a new baby to love you have another reason to be happy.

Congrats!
    sdc wrote: »
    I read years ago that women who get pregnant in their 40's naturally, meaning no fertility treatments, tend to live longer than others. It seems their bodies are chronologically running at a younger age than they really are. So besides a new baby to love you have another reason to be happy.

Congrats!

My mom was 41 when she had me (accident ) and sadly she was diagnosed with Parkinsons in her mid-50's, lived with that for years and died at 73 of cardiac arrest. I think times are just different now and we have so many more medical test and resources.
  • Like.AustraliaLike.Australia Posts: 2,544Registered Users
    Spider wrote: »
    Amneris wrote: »

almost 16 (and learning to drive!) and 4. :-?

My husband has two brothers: one is 15 years older and the other is 9 years older than him. You're apparently not alone. :)

Congrats!
  • legendslegends Posts: 3,073Registered Users
    Congratulations!

A friend of the family is accidentally pregnant at 46. Her kids are 20 and 8. It happens.
    Eres o te haces?
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    Congratulations!
    legends wrote: »
    Congratulations!

A friend of the family is accidentally pregnant at 46. Her kids are 20 and 8. It happens.
    :-o

Hubby & I were discussing this thread today of all days..lol
    0004.gif

• BugEyeZBugEyeZ Posts: 314Registered Users
    @43 here! congrats and good luck. i think 40's are a wonderful time to have children. think how much more you have to give.:laughing6:
    when all else fails...eat:icescream:
    Thanks for all your support and thoughts! I'm 17 weeks along now, feeling the little squirmer and feel great myself.

Yesterday I received confirmation that my sequencial screening test (this is what replaced Quad screen) came back normal (looking for Down's, Trisomy, & Spina Bifida). Based on the test my probability numbers are the same as a 20 year old woman.

I'm having the advanced ultra sound done in a couple of weeks and if no soft markers are detected, I'll pass on the amnio and go back to my regular OB for regular visits.
  • curlsr2funcurlsr2fun Banned Posts: 269Banned Users
    sdc wrote: »

Congrats!

Can't anyone who's not in menopause get pregnant naturally? Lot's of people in my family had kids in their 40's. My aunt is the same age is me LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3c Hair

Currently using: Kinky Curly Knot today leave-in and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 8,440Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    I know I'm late to the party, but WOW and congratulations! What a moment for you!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Gretchen wrote: »
    I know I'm late to the party, but WOW and congratulations! What a moment for you!

Thanks Gretchen! This is not anything we were trying for AT ALL, but now that everything is progressing and tests are normal we are happy. Still don't know what we are going to name him or where he will sleep!? :confused: :smile:
    So, blue booties are in order?! :icescream: Girl, you will be okay! :)
    Bbooties.gif
    0004.gif