Your wash day routine: tips please.

2»

Comments

• LadyV69LadyV69 Posts: 3,397Registered Users
    curlyarca wrote: »
    I haven't deep conditioned in a a really, really, really long time. I always say I'm going to, but then I get lazy and don't do it.

I'm scared to henna because if I like it that's just more time and I'm to much of a time hoarder to give in. Plus my landlords the last few years are anal about putting anything down the drain.

I hate the getting in the shower and getting out of the shower. Maybe if I had a nicer shower I wouldn't mind, but I haven't had a really nice bathroom in years. I really minimize my time in the bathroom, and I can't bring myself to wash my hair in the kitchen sink.

How often do you deep condition? What do you use besides cassia, henna, etc.?

In the winter I was DC'ing once a week, but for nearly the last 8 weeks, I've done it three times since I've been lazy. My hair does benefit from it, so it would behoove me to step it up.
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

http://confessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com/
  • KeiLaniKoilsKeiLaniKoils Posts: 439Registered Users
    I split my hair into 4 sections and pre poo/detangle with Darcy's Botanicals Pumpkin Conditioner
    Then I wash with a shampoo bar, condition and then slap in a DC for three hours or so. After I'm done with one section, it gets twisted up and secured with a ouchless scrunchie and on to the next.
    Smacked with a head full of Dreamy tight Coils that refuse to have it any other way... :D
    Finally maintaining a clean, moisturized scalp!
    I'm really getting into my Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil now :love7:
    Here we embrace the disorder of hair product buying

:happy6: GROW NAPS GROW! :happy6:
    Why would I relax all the fabulousness?!
    Inspired by Keenylicious
    I swear the things that catch on in our society...
    never anything with meaning

Inspired by LeeLee
  • NoodleNapsNoodleNaps Posts: 463Registered Users
    I haven't deep conditioned in a a really, really, really long time. I always say I'm going to, but then I get lazy and don't do it.

I'm scared to henna because if I like it that's just more time and I'm to much of a time hoarder to give in. Plus my landlords the last few years are anal about putting anything down the drain.

I hate the getting in the shower and getting out of the shower. Maybe if I had a nicer shower I wouldn't mind, but I haven't had a really nice bathroom in years. I really minimize my time in the bathroom, and I can't bring myself to wash my hair in the kitchen sink.

I DC pretty much every time I wash my hair. Now that I've started DC-ing on dry hair, its easy to slap it on the night before I intend to wash.

In terms of ayurveda, I use henna, and I also do separate pastes with amla, maka, brami, rhassoul, etc. There are a couple of very helpful ayurvedic threads on here, if you do a search.
    Products in current rotation:

Terressentials Pure Earth Mud Wash; Elucence MBC (now really just for cowashing, leg shaving or emergencies); Curl Junkie: Repair Me, Deep Fix, Curl Rehab; AOHSR (retiring); Oyin Handmade: Honey Hemp, Hair Dew, J&B; Qhemet Biologics: BRBC (retiring- prefer Oyin HD), AOHC, OHHB; Jojoba Oil for scalp; Castor Oil or Shea butter to seal; Henna & Ayurvedic pastes when I can be bothered.

Still searching for the perfect stylers, but loving CJ CIAB over everything so far
  • greenandchicgreenandchic Posts: 2,584Registered Users Curl Neophyte

I deep condition about once a week. I hardly deep conditioned before and regret it, but my hair does get pretty dry if I let it. I use amla along with the cassia and henna to preserve my curls. Henna never loosened the first time I used it, but I don't want to take anymore chances - especially the looser parts of my hair.
    APL BSL MBL WL HL TBL | porous, fine/medium strands, medium density
    My Fotki!
    Below: Typical PS bun
    004-vi.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file