CurlTalk

Another curlie asking for help with hair type

I know I've been here for a little while but I was hoping you could tell me my hairtype. I'm a little hair type-challenged; I know that I'm a 3 but I don't know what letter. I'm still growing out a relaxer but I'm just curious. I always post on the 3b and 3c boards- I just wonder if I belong there.
Please check out my album and let me know what you think.
/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FCurlyBlasian%2F" class="Popup

Thanks!! :D

ETA: I guess I should have told you my pw! its lovey
Lotsa 3c curls
Curly Journey Album
Updated 2009 and 2010 pics
Hair Journal/Products

It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have

Comments

• ariesxtremeariesxtreme Posts: 123Registered Users
    Sorry, I'm not good with types since I don't even know what I am, but just wanted to say that you're pretty either way, straight or curly. Love the curls though :D
  • SmallFrySmallFry Posts: 614Registered Users
    Sorry, I'm not good with types since I don't even know what I am, but just wanted to say that you're pretty either way, straight or curly. Love the curls though :D

Thanks ariesxtreme :oops: you made my day!
    Lotsa 3c curls
    Curly Journey Album
    Hair Journal/Products

• Ab-starAb-star Posts: 1,128Registered Users
    I am no good at typing either but I love your curls...and you are such a cutie!! :D

What is the Skip Curl Method? I've never heard of that before.
    MY HAIR ALBUM
    pw - jack

Going natural for the summer...just a dab of ArcAngell!
  • ~Zoe~~Zoe~ Posts: 48Registered Users
    I'm not good at hair types either so i'm no help. However, what I can tell you is that your hair looks perfect and you're really pretty.
  • medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    I hate to be so unoriginal as to say yet again I have no clue but I don't.
    I don't know what skip curl method is but that is the ringlets I want on MY head!
    I can't even tell my own hair type for sure sorry :oops:
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMedusahair%2F" class="Popup

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
  • NessyNessy Posts: 788Registered Users
    I would say you're a 3b/c, and I think if it was longer it would be more on the 3c side. You have gorgeous hair! And I have to agree with the other curlies here - you're so pretty, and you have a great smile!
  • Ab-starAb-star Posts: 1,128Registered Users
    medusahair wrote:
    I can't even tell my own hair type for sure

Ditto! :lol:
    MY HAIR ALBUM
    pw - jack

Going natural for the summer...just a dab of ArcAngell!
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    Very pretty...really like the skip curls.

I am a bit confused. You wrote that you stopped relaxing and started CG, but you don't mention if you cut off the relaxed hair.

I only ask because if you are still transitioning, we can't get a true reading of your hair until all of the relaxed hair has been cut off.

If I missread...sorry! :)
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • blueberriblueberri Posts: 49Registered Users
    gorgeous... just gorgeous. :wink:
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    Hmmm... 3C? I'm not really sure, but your hair is beautiful!
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
    Ab-star wrote:
    I am no good at typing either but I love your curls...and you are such a cutie!! :D

What is the Skip Curl Method? I've never heard of that before.

:oops: Thank you Ab-star! The skip-curl is a method from Jonathan Torch, (the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]Curl Keeper[/buylink] creator). It's basically twirling small sections of hair to create ringlets. Here's a link to how to do it.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.frizzoff.com%2Fabout%2Fmytechniques%2Fskipcurl%2F" class="Popup

Here, it says to use [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]Curl Keeper[/buylink] but I just used LA Looks gel and it turned out fine.
    Lotsa 3c curls
    Curly Journey Album
    Hair Journal/Products

:D :oops: Thank you for all the compliments Zoe, medusahair, Nessy, wntrbloom, blueberri, and Gemini; you ladies really know how to make someone's day.

Wntrbloom, yes my hair still has relaxed parts on it. I know this isn't a true reading for my real hair; I just wondered what it is at least for right now. A lot of people ask advice/questions to or about specific curl types and I always want to help but I don't want to be in the wrong territory. My new growth roots are a little tighter than the loose parts in my hair but its hard to pinpoint because I have ringlets all underneath but the canopy seems to be the loosest part.
    Lotsa 3c curls
    Curly Journey Album
    Hair Journal/Products

Ab-star wrote:
    medusahair wrote:
    I can't even tell my own hair type for sure

Ditto! :lol:

Well at least I'm not the only one!
    Lotsa 3c curls
    Curly Journey Album
    Hair Journal/Products

• curlicious3bcurlicious3b Posts: 458Registered Users
    hmm, to me the loosest parts seem 3a/b and the other parts seem to be 3b or 3b/c. It's hard to tell. Whatever type, it's pretty!
    3c
    So am I 3A/B/C?
    Lotsa 3c curls
    Curly Journey Album
    Hair Journal/Products

• one way streetone way street Posts: 772Registered Users
    I would say your a 3b/c. Your eyes are so pretty. I LOVE how you do your eyeshadow!
    mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii
    Fotki album and journal updated: 10/01/07
    password: springlet

Currently: Trying to stop straightening so much. Using Elucence conditioner and whatever works for me.
  • NaturalRemedyNaturalRemedy Posts: 371Registered Users
    I say 3a/3b I don't see any 3c at all it's more wavy than spirally. The 3c is a pretty tight coil/curl and your hair is not very tightly coiled so I'll go with 3aish/3bish somewhere in there.
    Mostly 3c and lovin' my curls

This is not a fashion trend, it's not a statement, it's pride for who we are and what we look like. And that is where our true beauty shines.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcocoalily%2F" class="Popup
    Thank you curlicious3b, angiecurls, NaturalRemedy.

I guess my hair really is 3something. Everyone seems to see it in a different way.

Angie curls, I love messing around with makeup!
    Lotsa 3c curls
    Curly Journey Album
    Hair Journal/Products

• DelmaDelma Posts: 1,121Registered Users
    I'd say 3A/3B

ETA* You have a really beautiful smile
  • curlicious3bcurlicious3b Posts: 458Registered Users
    After taking a second look, I'm going to have to agree with Delma that your hair is 3a/b. I would say you lie firmly on that type.
    3c