What do you like better about your appearance as you get older?

13»

Comments

• ellajellaj Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 826 Curl Virtuoso
    @Gretchen, I am definitely wiser. If I only knew then what I know now...☺️

Type: 2c
    Density: medium
    Porosity: high
    Thickness: fine

• 2poodles2poodles Registered Users Posts: 2,485 Curl Connoisseur
    I’ll be 56 in a couple of months. I find I’m more concerned with how I feel than how I look. Don’t get me wrong - I don’t want to look terrible, but my focus is on feeling strong, energetic and healthy. I try to eat well, exercise, meditate, and take care of my hair and skin. Make up is minimal. My goal is to be able to play with my grandkids and enjoy all of life’s opportunities. I do wish I had appreciated my younger self way back when, though!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    2poodles said:
    I’ll be 56 in a couple of months. I find I’m more concerned with how I feel than how I look. Don’t get me wrong - I don’t want to look terrible, but my focus is on feeling strong, energetic and healthy. I try to eat well, exercise, meditate, and take care of my hair and skin. Make up is minimal. My goal is to be able to play with my grandkids and enjoy all of life’s opportunities. I do wish I had appreciated my younger self way back when, though!
    Awesome!  Love this. 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • ellajellaj Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 826 Curl Virtuoso
    2poodles said:
    We think alike @2poodles. All I want is to be healthy and to look good for the age I am. 

Type: 2c
    Density: medium
    Porosity: high
    Thickness: fine

• banjocurlbanjocurl Registered Users Posts: 1,031 Curl Connoisseur
    i dont know if i really think about my appearance the way i did when i was younger, and maybe thats what i like...that i look however i look and it is ok...too many pounds and getting more wrinkled, but still vertical and moving forward at age 69....  Image may contain people standing mountain tree outdoor and nature.
    Susan suburban NY
    3b going gray, not thick, waist length when wet, a bit below shoulders when dry
    CG since 11/11/04
    http://public.fotki.com/banjolady/
    PW: banjo
    HG: suave and honey for co-wash, deva, i use garnier fructis regular CO's or boots pink or white as leave ins and LA looks sport gel. plop w microfiber turban, then curl towel scrunch, then another turban.i sleep with the turban on. little one minute hair styling videos http://www.youtube.com/user/lazycurls
  • MyrnaMyrna Registered Users Posts: 2,472 Curl Connoisseur
    I love your attitude!
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    banjocurl said:
    i dont know if i really think about my appearance the way i did when i was younger, and maybe thats what i like...that i look however i look and it is ok...too many pounds and getting more wrinkled, but still vertical and moving forward at age 69....  Image may contain people standing mountain tree outdoor and nature.
    Awesome on all levels!  Great photo of you and your pooches! 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • SpecklaSpeckla Registered Users Posts: 187 Curl Connoisseur
    My grey hair. Need to update pfp. Lost the dye and ditched the guy. Never been happier.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file