New and need help developing a care regimen

angelcurlsangelcurls Posts: 14Registered Users
Hi all!

I'm new and in need of a little help. I did the BC 4 days ago (yay!) after 9 months of transitioning and I'm trying to develop a hair care regimen that doesn't involve a ton of products as I am a "recovering" PJ! I caved and texturized at month 5 so I only have about 2 1/2 inches of natural hair.

I don't really know my hair type, but if I had to guess, I'd say 3b/c mix. It's fine textured and seems to do better with a minimum number of products. I have normal porosity with a patch that's highly porous in the crown that's heat damaged from when I was transitioning and flat ironed daily. It curls okay, but frizzes like mad! I'm looking for a lightweight product that can reduce the frizz.

Right now, all I do is co-wash every 3rd day with Suave Coconut or Herbal Essence Hello Hydration, moisuturize with olive oil (if necessary), and sleep overnight with coconut oil. I rinse the coconut oil with plain water the next morning and let it air dry. However, I get a fair amount of frizz this way.

Here's what I've already tried (with no coconut oil):

Eco styler gel-- makes my hair too hard.

Biolage Curl Elixer (which I love!)-- again, the gel makes my hair hard.

IC Fantasia gel does nothing for my hair.

Worlds of Curls curl activator gel-- makes my hair seriously greasy and limp (no curl whatsoever)

Carol's Daughter Hair Milk (both lite and original formula)-- makes my hair look great while wet, but dries to a dull and frizzy mess

Could it be that I'm using the right products but not using them properly?

Please advise! I look forward to all responses! TIA
-angel

btw, I'll post pics as soon as I figure out how!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~angelcurls
My Fotki

event.png

Type: 3b/c
Texture: Fine; Porosity: Normal
Co-Wash: HE Hello Hydration-daily
DT: Moroccan Oil Intense Hydrating Mask and Restorative Hair Mask- alternating weekly
LI: Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut or Juicy Green Apple

Comments

• hkh0609hkh0609 Posts: 41Registered Users
    I am too a 9month transitioner and im thinking about going ahead a bcing before my year mark. Its like i want to make it to my year mark but i am also tired of the permed hair too. Attachment not found.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using CurlTalk App
    Mz Dija
  • angelcurlsangelcurls Posts: 14Registered Users
    I wasn't planning on transitioning for a year. It was my plan to gradually cut off the relaxed ends and never do a BC! But after cutting my hair into a pixie style and noticing how much I had to flat iron to keep it looking nice, I decided to BC. I had natural hair on the sides and in the back which was noticeably different from the hair on the top of my head. That's why I caved and texturized at month 5. But since I BC'd, I've had no regrets! :hello1:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~angelcurls
    My Fotki

event.png

DT: Moroccan Oil Intense Hydrating Mask and Restorative Hair Mask- alternating weekly
  • angelcurlsangelcurls Posts: 14Registered Users
    Here are some pics of what my hair looks like that may help with suggestions on what to do with my hair. I'm new at this so let me know if it doesn't work.

The one on the left is, of course, the back. The one in the middle is my attempt at a texture shot. The one on the right is the top of my head. Does that look like about a 3bor 3c?

TIA!! :hello2:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~angelcurls
    My Fotki

event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file