CurlTalk

What kind of foundation/concealor do you wear?

M2LRM2LR Posts: 8,630Registered Users
I am doing an experiement to see if I am truly allergic to BE. My skin has been acting weird, so I am cutting out things that are allergens to some...and BE has some stuff in it that might be. I have SO much BE, I am hoping I am not allergic.

At any rate, what kind of foundation do you use? I spent a good hour in Target yesterday looking all all different brands, and I am thinking that maybe I need to go with a dept store brand, not a drug store brand. I can't remember what I used before BE, since it's been so long.

Any recs?
:rambo:

Comments

• PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    Do you really need foundation? I quit wearing it when I moved to Texas 9 and a half years ago - it just felt so gross on my face during the long, hotter 'n all get out summers.

So now I wear CoverGirl concealer under my eyes, and loose powder. I think not wearing foundation has improved my skin (I have zero pores showing), and I think it makes me look younger.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • DarkAngelDarkAngel Posts: 2,671Registered Users
    Before BE, I wore something by Chanel. I loved the coverage but it stayed kind of wet all day and come off everywhere. For the look alone, I recommend it. I also wore MAC which was okay.
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • x_tigerlilyx_tigerlily Posts: 432Registered Users
    :oops: I don't know much about make up lingo...what does BE stand for?
    3C/4A and too long to handle (and afford!)
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users

Bare Essentuals - it's a brand and I think I butchered the spelling of it. :D

It's mineral makeup.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    For drugstore brands, I just started using Covergirl Trublend Whipped Foundation. I really like it. It goes on really smooth, blends nicely and you only have to use a small amount. It is really light and doesn't feel as heavy/cakey as regular foundation can. I had previously tried the Maybelline version (Dream Mousse) but it broke me out. The Covergirl version so far has not and it's been about a week straight of using it.
    Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
    Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town
  • M2LRM2LR Posts: 8,630Registered Users
    PartyHair wrote:
    Do you really need foundation? I quit wearing it when I moved to Texas 9 and a half years ago - it just felt so gross on my face during the long, hotter 'n all get out summers.

So now I wear CoverGirl concealer under my eyes, and loose powder. I think not wearing foundation has improved my skin (I have zero pores showing), and I think it makes me look younger.

You know, I think that's actually what I used to do...just concealor and loose powder. I will have to give that a try again, and see how it works.
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    I've been using MAC tinted moisturizer over my regular moisturizer and pressed powder over that and it works well for me. I have really sensitive skin too.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• 2happy2happy Posts: 5,138Registered Users
    M2LR - what is going on.....are we morphing into one? 8)

I was just telling my SO this morning that I think my BE is whats causing the little red spots on my face :evil:

My next shopping trip, I was thinking about getting some Mac - I've always heard great things about it.

Maybe my skin can't handle the BE in the cold/dry winter - it did great this fall when I started.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it.....Piss on it and walk away.
    Location - WI
    2happy wrote:
    M2LR - what is going on.....are we morphing into one? 8)

I was just telling my SO this morning that I think my BE is whats causing the little red spots on my face :evil:

My next shopping trip, I was thinking about getting some Mac - I've always heard great things about it.

Maybe my skin can't handle the BE in the cold/dry winter - it did great this fall when I started.

I have been using it for a few years and NOTHING like this has happened either. My mom uses it, and she's been having issues with her face too.
  • internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    I use BE and EM. I have used the Rimmel all day stuff. The coverage really wasn't all day though :(
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    MAC Studio Fix

• x_tigerlilyx_tigerlily Posts: 432Registered Users
    PartyHair wrote:

Bare Essentuals - it's a brand and I think I butchered the spelling of it. :D

It's mineral makeup.

Thanks! :)
    3C/4A and too long to handle (and afford!)
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users
    I've been really loving Everyday Minerals recently. I've never tried BE.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • RheannaRheanna Posts: 2,614Registered Users
    I use good ol' Covergirl Aquasmooth. Cheap and it's the only makeup I've ever been able to match well to my skin and didn't irritate my skin. Sometimes I use it all over as a foundation; other times I use it only on red/uneven spots/pimples, more like a concealer.
    DPTFm5.png
  • mandyvmandyv Posts: 2,437Registered Users
    Don't try the Loreal mineral foundation. It looks chalky and yucky. I use Prescriptives liquid foundation, the medium coverage, and love it.
    3c
    Poo: KBB shampoo bar or Shikai moisturizing shampoo
    CoWash: VO5 kiwi
    Cond: Robert Craig, Tresemme Natural, or Fekkai Shea Butter
    Leave in/Styling: Grapeseed oil, KBB milk, KCCC, and Aveda Confixor
  • marielle448marielle448 Posts: 1,823Registered Users
    Back when I posted about Everyday Minerals I realized I wouldn't get a color match with them (pity too since they had a great product and great prices). I did find BareFaced Minerals Velvet Glove foundation and it's been great. Rhonda custom mixed for me (about 4 shades in my foundation) and it's definitely missing the bismouth that made me itchy with BE but feels more luxurious than the basic mineral foundations (I ask her to leave out the vitamin E in mine).
  • SmallFrySmallFry Posts: 614Registered Users
    I wear either BE or MAC studiofix powder. I also carry Shiseido Powdery compact in my purse for touch ups through out the day.
    Lotsa 3c curls
    Curly Journey Album
    Updated 2009 and 2010 pics
    Hair Journal/Products

It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have
  • Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
    mandyv wrote:
    Don't try the Loreal mineral foundation. It looks chalky and yucky. I use Prescriptives liquid foundation, the medium coverage, and love it.

I love the Loreal mineral foundation! And I hate the prescriptives liquid foundation I have. I think it's a light coverage, and it just still feels too foundation-like to me!
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
    Back when I posted about Everyday Minerals I realized I wouldn't get a color match with them (pity too since they had a great product and great prices). I did find BareFaced Minerals Velvet Glove foundation and it's been great. Rhonda custom mixed for me (about 4 shades in my foundation) and it's definitely missing the bismouth that made me itchy with BE but feels more luxurious than the basic mineral foundations (I ask her to leave out the vitamin E in mine).

Where do you get this stuff at? Who is Rhonda? LOL.
  • MizKerriMizKerri Posts: 1,701Registered Users
    I'm currently trying out Neutrogena tinted moisturizer. I am playing around with the best way to apply it, but I like it best so far using a sponge. I tend to apply it too heavily with my fingers.

For the past year or two, I'd been using Mark Face Xpert foundation, but I got tired of ordering it all the time, plus the packaging is really wasteful and I'd end up throwing away a lot of it in the bottle because of the way it's packaged. A shame really, the foundation is really nice and the shade I used had been the best match for my skintone that I'd ever come across.

If a news story breaks and no one on the Internet comments, did it really happen?
  • SpiderSpider Posts: 3,380Registered Users
    I've been using Bare Minerals as my foundation/powder for the last serveral months, almost exclusivly (I've used it off an on in the past)

Even with the concealer brush, I don't get enough coverage with BM for troubled areas (breakouts, dark spot) so I use a creamy Lancome concealer. I HAVE to use this under my eyes as well because the BM is too drying and settles in my fine lines.

Most days I can just use the Lancome concealer where I need it, and brush over with a bit of Mineral Veil (by Bare Minerals)
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,495Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    MAC!

what else would you expect ME to say???

:D
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • marielle448marielle448 Posts: 1,823Registered Users
    M2LR & Co. wrote:

Where do you get this stuff at? Who is Rhonda? LOL.

*whispers* Shhh, Rhonda's my makeup hookup. She drives up to my house and sells it out of the back of her trunk. :lol:

No seriously, she's the owner of this site:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.barefacedminerals.com" class="Popup

Really helpful in finding the right shade so if you have any questions I'd recommend emailing her as she's been in the industry for a while I believe.
  • FionaFiona Posts: 158Registered Users
    I've switched from BE foundation to Everyday Minerals and I'm very happy with my choice.

I find the colour match with EM is better and it doesn't make me itch as much as BE did (BE made me itch a hell of a lot less than regular liquid foundation, but EM makes me itch even less).

Plus, EM is a lot cheaper than BE, and you can get free samples.

However, these days I go without foundation more often than I wear it.
    If you can't be a Good Example, then you'll just have to be a Horrible Warning
  • gekko422gekko422 Posts: 4,869Registered Users
    Lancome Adaptive. I have been using it for about 3 years now.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

You know why pandas are endangered? Cause pandas ain't got no game.

Jesus loves you, but I'm his favorite.
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users
    I'm allergic to BE as well. It didn't used to be so bad--only when I sweat--but it seemed to get worse this fall.

I just bought some Too Faced foundation. It has a pump and a little makeup brush attached to it. I love it. It's lightweight and natural looking and really easy and clean to apply.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • roseannadanaroseannadana Posts: 5,632Registered Users
    I like BE but I'm ran out of it and I'm lazy. I might try Everyday Minerals.
    Anyway, I normally wear Estee Lauder Lucidity.

I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.
  • FionaFiona Posts: 158Registered Users
    The Everyday Minerals website will send you a sample kit for the cost of postage. That way you can try different colours and finishes to find the best one for you.
    If you can't be a Good Example, then you'll just have to be a Horrible Warning
  • bouncebounce Posts: 297Registered Users
    I've recently gone a little make-up crazy since I really despise the way I look right now (I blame the miscarriage), and I decided that powder is starting to fall in, and collect, in my fine lines. So I've transitioned to liquids and creams, like cream blush.

I'm a first timer with foundation (a week into it!) and I'm really liking Loreal True Match. It was easy to match it up to my skin and I just dab a little powder on top. It's really light and blends nice.

I'm just trying to stay away from powders altogether.
  • KrazyblondegurlKrazyblondegurl Posts: 1,008Registered Users
    I've been wearing Revlon Skinlights topped with a bit of pressed powder.

It's ok...nothing fabulous.