How can I wear my hair down?

marissa_the_monstermarissa_the_monster Posts: 7Registered Users
Every since I can remember, I've been wearing my hair in a ponytail and I'm kind of tired of it. I'm mixed black and white.
SAM_0299.jpg
I usually just condition it and towel dry. Then I brush it out and run gel through it. That's my hair after I wash it.
I hoping to wear it down since I'm starting high school soon. Any tips?

Comments

• XhahaXhaha Posts: 80Registered Users
    OMg ur hair is gorgeous ok I would recommend not to brush ur hair because over time it will ruin those curls but if u need to while in the shower after u condition it comb through with a wide tooth comb..... But ways to style find a good light gel or a creme and run it through ur hair gently trying not to pull out all Ur curls then if needed scrunch a little and that should totally be perfect! U can also look up good ways on YouTube to clip ur bangs back or braid the front of your hair!
  • marissa_the_monstermarissa_the_monster Posts: 7Registered Users
    Xhaha wrote: »
    OMg ur hair is gorgeous ok I would recommend not to brush ur hair because over time it will ruin those curls but if u need to while in the shower after u condition it comb through with a wide tooth comb..... But ways to style find a good light gel or a creme and run it through ur hair gently trying not to pull out all Ur curls then if needed scrunch a little and that should totally be perfect! U can also look up good ways on YouTube to clip ur bangs back or braid the front of your hair!
    Thanks! I'll try that out. It's best to experiment while I'm young. Are there any brands you recommend?
  • XhahaXhaha Posts: 80Registered Users
    I luv herbal essences totally twisted! They have other good gels too um treseeme has some good cremes and gels I'm blanking on names srry and I also like Mousses but they don't work in all hair but if u wanna try I like curls up curl reviving mouse also Mac Anthony strictly curls also lastly a crem I like is avedas be curly curl control! As a mouse I use herbal essences tousle me softly. ( srry this post is kinda all over not really organized I just said products I like as they came to Mind!
  • proctorsweetieproctorsweetie Posts: 93Registered Users
    You're very pretty and just need to flaunt that awesome hair. Look around the site, experiment a lot, and have fun! :)
    I think Bumble&Bumble put it best: WILD CHILD AMAZON WARRIOR BOMBSHELL

2c/3a Botticelli curls
    started CG 27. May 2011
    :wave:
    Curl inspiration: Nicole Kidman's natural curls, the 80's/90's careers of Laetitia Casta & Eva Herzigova, the artwork of Milo Manara
  • ultracurlzultracurlz Posts: 213Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    does your hair do good (well?) with heaver products? if it doesn't it reminds me of mine....just not a curly :D

have you ever had it relaxed? because it doesn't look like you have. your lucky. your chooseing to go natural. on my second day of high school my mom choped all of my hair off and it look horrible for the next two years....so i stoped relaxing and went natural :3
    3C/4A mix (Seriously it's all over the place)
    Hair is kinda fine and kinda thick.
    Super short, I'd like definition but styling products don't like me

Profile pic taken the February 2015
    Chopped off (was shoulder length) November 2014

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file