New to CG, already it's amazing! But ?'s

curlycmcurlycm Posts: 4Registered Users
Okay, so I thought I was CG because I used a sulfate free poo. Two or so weeks ago I decided to stop using shampoo and it is AMAZING! I have some hair that is almost straight on a head of mostly 3b curls and that straight area is curling! I have NEVER had curls there, ever.

Before I lost the poo I had a mx of 3b and 3c curls with a couple of 2ish wavy areas. Now two and half weeks in my curls are more nearly uniformly 3b or almost 3c depending on the gel I use. And the straight tufts are curling, I'd say they are about 2b/3a, this is soooo exciting.

But I have a couple of questions...

What do I do for an itchy head, my head has been itchy the past few days and conditioner washing doesn't help.

Also, can someone recommend a good leave in conditioner?

I'm using Tresemme Naturals Condish which I love. Should I be using just one condish or rotating between a couple. What do people recommend that I can get at cvs/target...?

Thanks a bunch!

Comments

• infojunkyinfojunky Posts: 106Registered Users
    curlycm wrote: »
    Okay, so I thought I was CG because I used a sulfate free poo. Two or so weeks ago I decided to stop using shampoo and it is AMAZING! I have some hair that is almost straight on a head of mostly 3b curls and that straight area is curling! I have NEVER had curls there, ever.

Before I lost the poo I had a mx of 3b and 3c curls with a couple of 2ish wavy areas. Now two and half weeks in my curls are more nearly uniformly 3b or almost 3c depending on the gel I use. And the straight tufts are curling, I'd say they are about 2b/3a, this is soooo exciting.

But I have a couple of questions...

What do I do for an itchy head, my head has been itchy the past few days and conditioner washing doesn't help.

Also, can someone recommend a good leave in conditioner?

I'm using Tresemme Naturals Condish which I love. Should I be using just one condish or rotating between a couple. What do people recommend that I can get at cvs/target...?

Thanks a bunch!

First congrats on going Cg and the new curls!!!

Before you started just using conditioner did you do a final cone free shampoo? This is to get all if the cone build up off your hair. This is very important! Dose any of your products that you're using have cones? If so you need to shampoo then do a cowash.

It takes time for your scalp to get use to cging, so hang in there.

If that isn't the problem you might need to use a low poo every now and then.

Those are the onlys thing i can think of, I'm new to this myself. Anyway good luck!

Oh!! Suave naturals conditioners are great!
    2c w/ some 3a on the ends
    Length - just below shoulders when wavy
    texture - under layer fine, everything else medium
    According to the articles of how to determen these:
    Porosity- low
    Density - medium

shampoo - clear scalp & hair therapy
    rinse out - clear scalp & hair therapy
    leave in - whatever rinse out I'm using at the time
    gel - kccc
    dt - aussie 3 min miracle

experimenting and open to suggestions!