Hi! I'm new and i have a few questions...

smileygal12321smileygal12321 Posts: 26Registered Users
Ok, so I started the CG method by finally getting a sulfate-free shampoo last week. It's called Organix Tea Tree Mint Shampoo. Well I use it, but it makes my hair incredibly dry. I wouldn't have to do it but I put oil in my hair and I need shampoo to get rid of it. I'm not sure if my hair looks worse because of the shampoo, i'm using too much shampoo, or my hair isn't used to non sulfates. I don't use silicones any more. My conditioner is one of the Suave naturals conditioners and my gel is l.a. looks gel that's yellow. My hair is pretty frizzy and I don't know what to do. Thanks for any answers :bunny:

Comments

• creativelicensecreativelicense Posts: 422Registered Users
    So your shampoo checks out as CG from what I can tell. How often are you washing your hair with it? I only low poo twice a week max, all other days I co-wash or just wet my hair down.

Also if you just started with your low poo last week, you are probably experiencing what most curlies go through. When I first started CG my hair didn't look great for about 2 weeks. My hair just needed time to adjust and afterwards it started looking great.

You seem to be on the right track, I would say just watch how often you low poo and hang in there, it gets better!
    Curl Style: 3b/3c
    Texture: Fine
    Porosity: Normal

Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut
    RO: GVP CB
    Styling: As I Am Leave In, Jessicurl Rockin' Ringlets & Confident Coils, DevaCurl Set Me Up, Curl Keeper
    Gel: Ecostyler Olive Oil, BioSilk RHG
  • PRINCETONPRINCETON Posts: 872Registered Users
    Add additional moisture with a great leave-in conditioner every day even when you don't wash.

Make sure not to put any conditioner or shampoo on the scalp unless it specifically says meant for scalp and that will promote natural oil production and less dryness.

If you are not using CONES then try going longer without shampoo and when needed use a moisturefull fortifying shampoo.

Princeton Brooke
    Chief Software Engineer
    http://apps.facebook.com/princetonbrooke
  • anonymous_70323anonymous_70323 Posts: 94Registered Users
    delete account
  • smileygal12321smileygal12321 Posts: 26Registered Users
    oh ok thanks for your help. I'll try to add a leave in conditioner. Hopefully it will help!
  • ariesdeacariesdeac Posts: 35Registered Users
    Consider MopTop's shampoo, conditioner and leave in conditioner. All MopTop products are alcohol, sulfate, and silicone free. Alcohol is very drying!

Moptop Unruly Haircare - Specially made for dry, frizzy, unruly hair
    Hair type 2c/3a
    Silk pillowcase
    t shirt for drying hair
    Shampoo-DevaCurlNo Poo
    Conditioner-DevaCurl One Condition and MopTop Leave-It-In Conditioner
    Gel-Fuzzy Duck Anti-Frizz Gel
    Spray-DevaCurl Set it Free, MopTop Detangler & Refresher
    Second Day Hair Products-DevaCurl Set it Free, MopTop Detangler & Refresher

Katie
  • smileygal12321smileygal12321 Posts: 26Registered Users
    i think you're right. I did the same thing yesterday and my hair looks pretty good!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file