Going 100% CG

TraccieTraccie Posts: 2Registered Users
Hello to all you fellow Curly Girls!

It's nice to find you all here!

I've been reading the Naturallycurly web site for about a week now, I have the CG book, and have been working on my own CG routine.

About 4 years ago, I bought the CG book and followed the parts of it that worked for me, but I didn't have the patience at the time to really work it. Now... four years later and four years of permanent color...yikes... I'm trying again.

I started my new religion with a cleansing of the soul... a good shampoo with a sulfate (yikes again) with a little baking powder, removing the build up of cones and other nasties and then dove in head first. Or is it feet first? Anyway, my hair is in there!

The cleansing was followed with a nice deep conditioning and no poo at all since.

I am using Hair One, alternating with a matrix conditioner I have kept under the cabinet that has no cones, done away with my redkin conditioner that does have them, done away with my curl cream that has them and the hair spray... omg... what a difference.

I'm using Curl lock by Regis that has the meadowfoamate and I'm working on trying to decide if I like the Herbal Essence Set Me Up, or Schwarzkopf's spiking gel. For hold I like the spiking gel best but I haven't mastered the knack of scrunching out the "hard" into the "soft".

I sleep in the satin thingie I bought from Sally's and as I go, I'm snipping the end off of this curl or that one (correctly I might add) to help my hair find it's way in this new look.

The change was drastic and almost over night. All of the new products combined with the "accordian", a good 2nd day hair routing, and "don't touch it!", have been unbelievably beneficial to my 3b,c, and whatever it wants to be today - curls.

As soon as I get a good pic, I'll do a before and after. This ought to be good. Wow.

~Traccie

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome! Keep us posted on how your new routine goes!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file