Ugh - I thnk EM is making me break out

NuttyHairNuttyHair Posts: 75Registered Users
I've tried a number of liquid foundations and never had a problem but when I tried EM this summer, I definitely had an acne break out. When I wrote to the company, they said to wait for the new finishing powder which would be cornstarch free. Got it a few weeks ago and sure enough, more acne again. I saw on the site that some people had more problem with the intensive foundation so I stopped using that.

From reading her website, I cannot imagine why this is happening to me. She sure seems to have just a few ingredients.

Any thoughts? I have been searching for a few years for a foundation with the right shade (very light) that actually stays on past lunch. So far not much luck, even with the very $$$ smashbox primer underneath.
3B, I think w/very thick hair, shoulder length. Fall hair: Low Poo, TS, CK, Aloeba leave in, recoil or RR, plop, BRHG or SMU, no blow dry.

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Curl Connoisseur Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    The Smashbox primer broke me out. Maybe it's that?
  • slinky1slinky1 Banned Posts: 1,612Banned Users
    What is the difference between the intensive and other foundations again?
    ;)
  • EilonwyEilonwy Curl Connoisseur Posts: 12,391Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    NuttyHair wrote:
    Any thoughts? I have been searching for a few years for a foundation with the right shade (very light) that actually stays on past lunch. So far not much luck, even with the very $$$ smashbox primer underneath.

No idea what EM is, although I'm sorry it broke you out. But I wanted to mention that the travel-size Smashbox primer is $16 (a slightly lower unit price than the full size, since it doesn't come in a glass bottle). It contains enough primer for a year, too. Just in case you were ruing your purchase :wink:
  • ShrekLoverShrekLover Curl Neophyte Posts: 2,551Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've found a foundation that stays on pretty much all day and I really like it. It is the Diorskin Airflash. It is a spray on foundation. It's expensive, especially considering the can is small but it is worth the money to me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file