CurlTalk

I need a cheap leave in conditioner that won't weigh down my hair!

acorbitt1acorbitt1 Posts: 13Registered Users
Do any of you lovely CGs have any suggestions for a light leave in conditioner or something of the like? I tried Potion 9 (generic) and my hair was sooooo flat. I have read about some of the Garnier Fructis line and I was wondering if they had a good leave in?

On another note I have been using Burt's bee's pomegranate and soy for lowpooing and I think it is CG friendly. Am I right?

Thanks!!!!!:toothy4:

Comments

• rj16rj16 Posts: 186Registered Users
    Yes to carrots CO is my favorite. It is nice and light and it leaves my hair silky!
  • Curl-a-sauras RexCurl-a-sauras Rex Posts: 56Registered Users
    @rj16 - are you using Yes to Carrots as a leave in or as a cowash? I've been wanting to try that line, but I haven't managed to cram anything else into my shower :-)

@acorbitt1 - if you like a lighter conditioner that has great slip and makes your hair really silky, try Giovani Direct Leave In (I think it cost around $9 and you don't need to use very much of it). I'm having to mix it with a thicker conditioner right now (it's cold here in Seattle still) but I can tell it will be a good leave in when it gets a bit warmer/moister. I've used the GF Total Nutrition as a leave in, but it makes my hair feel kind of coated and producty. However, I love it as a co-wash.
    2b/c w/a few 3a bits in front, medium-fine texture, dense, normal porosity
    Things that are currently working (mid dews):
    low-poo: Elucence clairfying
    Conditioners: AOHR; YtoCu; CJRM; CJSL; Beautiful Curls leave-in
    styling: Beautiful Curls curl defining gel; CIAB; CJ SG; Aussie instant freeze
    @rj16 - are you using Yes to Carrots as a leave in or as a cowash? I've been wanting to try that line, but I haven't managed to cram anything else into my shower :-)

I used it a few times as RO, was nothing extraordinary. As LI, fantastic! :thumright: If you have tried CHS Silk LI, it leaves my hair feeling the exact same way. I have no clue why though... Never tried it as co-wash, it's too good of a LI. I really really recommend you try it.
  • Curl-a-sauras RexCurl-a-sauras Rex Posts: 56Registered Users
    thanks so much! I'm totally going to try it! Ugh - I'm such a PJ!
    2b/c w/a few 3a bits in front, medium-fine texture, dense, normal porosity
    Things that are currently working (mid dews):
    low-poo: Elucence clairfying
    Conditioners: AOHR; YtoCu; CJRM; CJSL; Beautiful Curls leave-in
    styling: Beautiful Curls curl defining gel; CIAB; CJ SG; Aussie instant freeze
    thanks so much! I'm totally going to try it! Ugh - I'm such a PJ!

Sorry... Lol!
  • pedahehpedaheh Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    I haven't checked for a while, but last time I checked Yes to Carrots had a cone.
    Lustrasilk is a super cheap leave in conditioner. I don't think it weighs people down. It was popular here at one time.
    Here is a review from Alexjoujou. She tried every product and was once the queen of the 2 forum. :smurfin:
    The Wavy Tales: Lustrasilk
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpedaheh.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
    My YTCarrots doesn't have any cones but I'm in Canada. I heard a few weeks ago something about trials having and full size not... :?