CurlTalk

I must say I am officially a CG girl...

ailin85ailin85 Posts: 137Registered Users
I started CG in Feb'11. I would always blow dry my hair straight. Last night I had a very special event and I blow dried my hair (wanted to try and see how I looked afer a couple of mnths going curly) Well to my surprise, I missed my curls so much and didn't feel special at all simply boring. I am so happy I feel this way because I am finally comfortable with my own natural hair! I thought this would never happen...this is definatley a breaktrough. I can't wait to get home tonight and bring back those curls.

What a great experience and feeling. I am so thankful to this website and all you wonderful girls for helping and for all those great tips:)

Much love to all!
-A
A|G
"iron clothes not hair"
2b (blonde highlights)

Products
:
Trying them all! So far, not settling down... FL is a challenge!

*Modified CG since Feb'2011

Comments

• hippiechic81hippiechic81 Posts: 1,239Registered Users
    That's awesome that you've embraced your natural texture!!! I think it's wonderful for people to just be themselves and not try to force yourself into being or looking like anyone else. Yay!!!!
    2a, fine-med. text, normal porosity (I think)

[FONT=Going back and forth between Herbal Essence Don't Fade On Me shampoo and condish and L'oreal Sulfate Free shampoo

Stylers-
    - Not Your Mother's Curl Cream, La Bella Sports Gel, Aussie Sprunch Spray

[/COLOR][/FONT] My waves are finally getting stronger thanks to weekly PTs and longer hair in general. Still trying to grow it out though!:headbang:

mod-CG since December '10

I have Celiac's Disease so no gluten please!

My hair is basically my hobby!!

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fbalancedbeauty.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup
  • ValcurlValcurl Posts: 300Registered Users
    ailin85 wrote: »
    I started CG in Feb'11. I would always blow dry my hair straight. Last night I had a very special event and I blow dried my hair (wanted to try and see how I looked afer a couple of mnths going curly) Well to my surprise, I missed my curls so much and didn't feel special at all simply boring. I am so happy I feel this way because I am finally comfortable with my own natural hair! I thought this would never happen...this is definatley a breaktrough. I can't wait to get home tonight and bring back those curls.

What a great experience and feeling. I am so thankful to this website and all you wonderful girls for helping and for all those great tips:)

Much love to all!
    -A

I feel the same way everytime I take a straight break. I miss my waves and feel so much more like "me" when it's natural. I can't believe I straightened my hair for a decade, crazy! Thankful that my friend pointed out to me a couple years ago that she thought I had wavy hair. I honestly thought it was just bad, frizzy hair all those years.
    Curl Pattern:2b Texture: medium
    Porosity: med to high Density: med Elasticity: normal
    Lowpoo: (2x/wk) Shea moisture retention/ Mop C
    Cowash: Mop C/ AHRC
    Deep cond: Darcy's pumpkin seed condish/ SS deep
    Leave in: CJ curl assurance condish
    Stylers: SS CEJ, CJ Aloe Fix Lite
    Hair hates: JC rockin' ringlets/CJ CIAB/AG recoil
    Hair loves: super soaking/ protein/ ACV rinses
    mod CG since 7/09 :love7:
  • ailin85ailin85 Posts: 137Registered Users
    That's awesome that you've embraced your natural texture!!! I think it's wonderful for people to just be themselves and not try to force yourself into being or looking like anyone else. Yay!!!!

I know I'm so excited! :)
    A|G
    "iron clothes not hair"
    2b (blonde highlights)

Products
    :

• ailin85ailin85 Posts: 137Registered Users
    Valcurl wrote: »
    ailin85 wrote: »

Much love to all!
    -A

I feel the same way everytime I take a straight break. I miss my waves and feel so much more like "me" when it's natural. I can't believe I straightened my hair for a decade, crazy! Thankful that my friend pointed out to me a couple years ago that she thought I had wavy hair. I honestly thought it was just bad, frizzy hair all those years.

I hear you, I thought the same about my hair and kept treating it and thinking I had unruly dry damaged hair, turns out I was the one damaging it...I'm glad you girls feel the same way! It's all thanks to the support of others and now I find myself advising friends to just let their hairs be! :lol:
    A|G
    "iron clothes not hair"
    2b (blonde highlights)

Products
    :