CurlTalk

3c stylist in Fl

sprytelyte1980sprytelyte1980 Posts: 17Registered Users
Hi everyone! I'm new to the site. I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good salon in Fl where the stylist was comfortable working on 3c type hair?

I am currently residing in Port Saint Lucie, but I am willing to travel to as far as Tampa (I was actually going to just fly back to my hometown of NYC). I haven't had my hair cut in about 7 years (besides a trim here and there). I am sooooo ready for a change, and more importantly, I'm ready to embrace my curls!

Comments

• BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users
    Hi everyone! I'm new to the site. I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good salon in Fl where the stylist was comfortable working on 3c type hair?

I am currently residing in Port Saint Lucie, but I am willing to travel to as far as Tampa (I was actually going to just fly back to my hometown of NYC). I haven't had my hair cut in about 7 years (besides a trim here and there). I am sooooo ready for a change, and more importantly, I'm ready to embrace my curls!

What kind of style are you going for? I know someone who is licensed and works from her home salon. She's not a "natural" stylist per se, but I have 3c hair, and she's the only person besides myself who I will allow near me with a pair of scissors.

ETA: My stylist friend is in Fort Lauderdale, but you may want to find something a little closer to you.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • curlyintampacurlyintampa Posts: 3Registered Users
    I highly recommend Tiffany at "Live Curly, Live Free" in Gulfport, FL. She has been cutting my hair for 2 years - I've never received so many compliments on my curls before. 727-323-CURL
    Modified CG - desperately seeking non-sulfate shampoo that will actually clean my scalp
    Type 3a/2c thick, med.porosity, med. texture
    Co-wash Suave Naturals Vanilla or Coconut
    Cond AOWC, AOGPB
    Leave In AOHR, GVP CB
    Styling BRHG, LA Looks Sport
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    Cynthia at Just Cynthia at Salon Lofts in St Petersburg. She is awesome! 727-470-3754. She has been my hair dresser for about 8 years now. She is versed in both Devachun and Ouidad.
    Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
    Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town
  • Robin-in-FLRobin-in-FL Posts: 1,731Registered Users
    I highly recommend Tiffany at "Live Curly, Live Free" in Gulfport, FL. She has been cutting my hair for 2 years - I've never received so many compliments on my curls before. 727-323-CURL

+1
    2c / C / iii (FIA)
    Med-Coarse, LowPorosity, NormalElast (LCLF)

Shoulder-Length now.

Wash: DevaCare Low Poo
    Detangle & Rinseout: Walgreens or Sally's Conditioning Balm (always)
    Leave-in: DevaCare OneC (budget choice is GFTN)
    Style: ReCoil & DevaCare Arc Angel (budget choices are HESMU or Got2BSpikedUp)

Henna!
  • seaspaseaspa Posts: 2Registered Users
    If you are looking for a salon in Florida then go for seven seas spa and salon which offer best hair cut and spa at economical prices.

hair salon in Miami
  • sprytelyte1980sprytelyte1980 Posts: 17Registered Users
    @ Beka: I just want my curls cut and shaped nicely. Have any of you ladies seen Taren916 on YouTube after her Devachan cut? It's so funky, and gorgeous!!! I think I want it like that.

Also, thanks to everyone for your replies!
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users
    @ Beka: I just want my curls cut and shaped nicely. Have any of you ladies seen Taren916 on YouTube after her Devachan cut? It's so funky, and gorgeous!!! I think I want it like that.

Also, thanks to everyone for your replies!

You're welcome. :flower:

If you want the contact info for my stylist just send me a PM. She usually takes appointments by E-mail, and she does travel, but I don't know about heading up to Port St. Lucie from Fort Lauderdale though so you'd have to ask her directly.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)