WEN Cleansing Conditioner?

spoiltmomspoiltmom Posts: 35Registered Users
Have any of you tried Wen Cleansing Conditioner or the Sally's knock off Hair One Cleansing Conditioner?

Is it CG friendly? Does it work well?
Type 2B hair

Comments

• Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Posts: 2,573Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It sounded like a great idea, but the cones put me off.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
  • wavyblondewavyblonde Posts: 1,637Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I love WEN, and it doesn't build up on me. Makes a big difference in the health of my hair. The knockoff doesn't work as well for me.
    2c/3a with 2b underlayer. Fine, porous. Loves protein. But not hydrolized wheat protein. Yuck.

Wash: WEN Sweet Almond Mint or Pomegranate
    Gels: LA Looks Sport Gel
    Mousse: Tigi Catwalk Curlesque
    Curling creams/gellies: Coffee Coco Curling Cream Lite, Spiral Solutions Curl Enhancing Jelly, Curls Gel-les'c
    SOTC: JC N&S (LOVE)
    http://public.fotki.com/wavyblonde/hair-2010/
  • adorame06adorame06 Posts: 572Registered Users
    I have tried both Wen and Hair One from Sally's. Both worked well in my hair, but I like the price of Hair One much better. Sally's have sample packs of the diffident variety of Hair One and it was nice to try the product out first. They did not have the one for curly hair last January when I tried it out so I have been using the Jojoba Hair One for color treated hair. The Olive Oil one and the tea tree one were ok but I really liked how the Jojoba one made my hair very soft! I do want to try the Argan oil one for curly hair. I sort of don't like to switch things up with my hair products once I find something that works with my hair.
    CG on 2/16/2010
    My curls looks like the 3a pictures
    Hair length is to my bra strap, it's fine textured, but the density is thick, not much elasticity, Naturally Blonde but Color treated because of graying going on

My hair loves
    coconut oil
    Homemade FSG
    Hair one for my co wash
    Ecostyler olive oil

Princess Brandy Brat, Chief Jewel Crafter and Royal Nanny to the Court of the Red and White Rose for the Order of the Curly Crusaders.
  • supersoupsupersoup Posts: 50Registered Users
    I've tried Wen before, and wasn't really happy with it. First of all, let me say that I do shampoo every other day with an SLS-free shampoo, so I can't give a good comparison between Wen and CG (as I've never gone CG). What I did find with Wen, though, was that it built up in my hair and weighed down the 2a hair near my scalp. It definitely felt good to clarify that hair afterwards. So, for the money ($30+ a bottle!), I can't really recommend it.

Hm, has anybody compared Wen to the CG method? To be honest, my failure with Wen is one of the main reasons I'm reluctant to try CG and the whole 'cleansing conditioner thing'.
    Hair type: 3a (Botticelli)

First DevaCut on 8/10/11 and my hair looks great!

Products:
    DevaCurl No Poo
    DevaCurl One Condition
    Suave EverSleek DT
    Still trying to find the perfect styling routine using AnGel, LA Looks Sport, and FOTE AVG.
    Just purchased KCCC and excited to test it out!
  • Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Posts: 2,573Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I haven't tried Wen: too expensive IMO, and it wasn't silicone free; but I CG. I watched their video once and was struck by the fact that they don't emphasise the importance of a really good scalp massage; and was horrified by their rubbing the hair around, which would be a recipe for massive tangles for me, nor did they detangle with the conditioner (which is essentially what it is) on the hair. Particulars of what they did beyond that are escaping me, but they weren't CG.

It seems to me, now that Wen has removed the cones (I suspect that the knockoff haven't), is that what you have there is a really expensive botanically based conditioner.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,831Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Check out our reviews of Wen products! Please add yours if you've tried the products. :)

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file