CurlTalk

Before and after pics.

lms6241lms6241 Posts: 14Registered Users
Thank you everyone for the wealth of information you share. I recently, as in a few month ago discovered I had wavy hair. I think I have found the products that work best for me. I would like to share my before and after pictures. My hair is a work in progress, I'm having a hard time with my bang area, but I'm so tickled with the difference.

P1000585.jpgP1000676.jpg
My holy grails: SM Moisture Retention Shampoo, GVP Conditioning Balm, Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee.

Comments

• beautyisfun1beautyisfun1 Posts: 15Registered Users
    Looks MUCH better!!! Congrats!! :)
  • nes223nes223 Posts: 347Registered Users
    Looks MUCH better!!! Congrats!! :)

+1! good Job!
    -nes
    3a/3b
  • jackieheartsyoouujackieheartsyoouu Posts: 54Registered Users
    love it! what's your technique?
    My Blog:
    Faded-Polaroid
    MOD-CG since Oct. 21 2009
    2C, thick coarse hair (& lots of it!)

• justajesuschickjustajesuschick Posts: 1,657Registered Users
    Looks amazing!! What a noticeable difference. Your hair looks so healthy, moisturized and SOOOOO much thicker!

What products are you using?
    I'm 47. Straight hair until 6/2010. THANKS, thyroid!
    2b, medium-fine, normal-low porosity, medium density and elasticity
    CG since 7/1/2010

Cleanse: Abba Color Protect
    Condition: DevaCurl OC
    LI: CJ-Deep Fix, Beauticurls LI
    Curl Enhancer: CHS Curl Keeper, KCCC
    Gel: Alba Strong Hold Gel, BRHG, Hugo Naturals Gel, SS FHG, CJPP
    Trying/Maybe: Ecostyler, CJRM
  • wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    OMGosh! I remember replying to the first thread you started about your newly-discovered wavy hair! GOOD FOR YOU! It really looks amazing! You've come so far in such a short amount of time!
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:
  • pedahehpedaheh Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    When people post their before hair, I can kind of "see" their after hair. However, you after hair ended up so much curlier then I envisioned. Very pretty. If you want to, you can add your pics to the wavy before and after thread.
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/2/112354-before-after-wavies.html
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpedaheh.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • lms6241lms6241 Posts: 14Registered Users
    love it! what's your technique?

Thank you! I wash everyday using a sulfate free shampoo, condition with GVP condishing balm and every few days use a pea size amount of that as a leave in. To style I flip my head over and do some squishing/scrunching to see how my clumps are forming. If they are looking stringy and thin I wet my hair more, if they are looking knotty I'll brush my hair upside down then add more water and squish/scrunch to get clumps. I scrunch in gel to soaking wet hair but not dripping and my hair feels squishy when I'm putting the gel in. I top it with about 3 pea size dollops of Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee which I add water to before I put it in. Then diffuse till complete dry and scrunch out the crunch. I think my hair prefers sticky gels and my spray bottle is my best friend. I can plop before adding products but it doesn't seem to matter if I don't since I have to add water before I start making clumps. If I plop after it seems like the towel sucks out the gel and can make me hair fuzzy looking.
    Looks amazing!! What a noticeable difference. Your hair looks so healthy, moisturized and SOOOOO much thicker!

What products are you using?

Thank you! I am using sulfate free shampoo, GVP Conditioning Balm, Eco Styler Krystal Gel topped with Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee.
    My holy grails: SM Moisture Retention Shampoo, GVP Conditioning Balm, Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee.
  • lms6241lms6241 Posts: 14Registered Users
    Thank you everyone for all the compliments. I am thrilled with the results and surprised at how quickly the transformation occurred. I was please with the beach waves three months ago and now I'm ecstatic! If it weren't for the board and the right products I would not of known it was possible to encourage waves. I do think it is important to take before and after pictures to see the difference. I'm glad I did.

pedaheh wrote: »
    When people post their before hair, I can kind of "see" their after hair. However, you after hair ended up so much curlier then I envisioned. Very pretty. If you want to, you can add your pics to the wavy before and after thread.
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/2/112354-before-after-wavies.html

Thank you! I didn't think it would end up this curly either. I'll add my before and after pictures to that thread soon.
  • Robin-in-FLRobin-in-FL Posts: 1,731Registered Users
    It looks good, more curly and less frizz :)
    2c / C / iii (FIA)
    Med-Coarse, LowPorosity, NormalElast (LCLF)

Shoulder-Length now.

Wash: DevaCare Low Poo
    Detangle & Rinseout: Walgreens or Sally's Conditioning Balm (always)
    Leave-in: DevaCare OneC (budget choice is GFTN)
    Style: ReCoil & DevaCare Arc Angel (budget choices are HESMU or Got2BSpikedUp)

Henna!
  • CurlySACurlySA Posts: 31Registered Users
    Wow, definitely better!
    2a/3a very fine hair, low porosity, medium density
    CG, low poo once in a while
  • ailin85ailin85 Posts: 137Registered Users
    W:shock:W I absolutely love it!! Congrats, it looks gorgeous!! :love5:
    A|G
    "iron clothes not hair"
    2b (blonde highlights)

Products
    :
    Trying them all! So far, not settling down... FL is a challenge!

*Modified CG since Feb'2011