We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Trade Secret

So I was just at the mall returning stuff, and I discovered that it has a Trade Secret. I normally avoid the mall like the plague, so I had no idea this store was there. I didn't have time to look inside, but I might go back soon; I need new products. Can anyone recommend anything they've found there?
"Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us."
-Marianne Williamson

Comments

• wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Posts: 4,306Registered Users
    I am tortured all the time never getting to go in there at my mall...but I know it sells joiwhip and that has a big curly following, esp. with people in the 3a region.
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Joiwhip, joiwhip, joiwhip! Oh how I love you! :wink:

Trade Secret also carries Abba products which a few people seem to like. Depending on what you like, you might find other things there too. Mine carries Matrix, Biolage, Biosilk, Rusk, Paul Mitchell, Sebastian, Back to Basics, and other salon brands. I also can't seem to ever make it out of there without a new bottle of OPI nail polish. :oops:
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • sherry7899sherry7899 Posts: 897Registered Users
    Not all of the locations have ABBA products. I recently went to the one near me (Quakerbridge Mall, Lawrenceville, NJ) and they said they no longer carry ABBA. I don't know if it's just that location that discontinued carrying ABBA, though.

Sherry
  • medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    Rusk being Gutsy is a good cream for this time of year, Biosilk rock hard gelee has super hold, Back to Basics pomegranate peach conditioner is good, Sebastians potion 9 is real nice a few times a week.
    If they have abba the moist shampoo is good and their weightless gel some people like.
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMedusahair%2F" class="Popup

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
  • crazycurlyheadcrazycurlyhead Posts: 113Registered Users
    Bailey i went looking for the joiwhip at the trade secret near me and i couldn't find it , i saw some Joico products but didn't see any joywhip, are joico and joiwhip related???? what's the exact name of the joiwhip mousse???
    does anybody have a pic of this joywhip mousse???
    Very modified CG. Activate and B2B pomegranate Condish. Re:coil, Joiwhip, LOOB, HE set me up and orange bottle. Boots, cant' remember anymore.
    In a place where dry and burned straight hair is so common my wild spanish curls are my greatest weapon!
  • Ab-starAb-star Posts: 1,128Registered Users
    29b46e7c.jpg

It is "Joico JOIWHIP Mousse"...and your Trade Secret might have been sold out of it because it is so AWESOME! Next time you are in you should ask. I got some just today at my Trade Secret. :D I was also browsing the rest of their line and eyeballing the Tigi line but the salesgirl said the JoiWhip is the best for a light feel but great hold. I know I love it and have for quite some time! :D
    MY HAIR ALBUM
    pw - jack

Going natural for the summer...just a dab of ArcAngell!
  • crazycurlyheadcrazycurlyhead Posts: 113Registered Users
    ohhhh i see, they might have been sold out because i kept looking for a mousse dispenser thingy and none of the products seemed to be a mousse, i'll ask next time i go there again, thankx Ab-star
    Very modified CG. Activate and B2B pomegranate Condish. Re:coil, Joiwhip, LOOB, HE set me up and orange bottle. Boots, cant' remember anymore.
    In a place where dry and burned straight hair is so common my wild spanish curls are my greatest weapon!
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I just got back from the mall, and my TS was sold out of Joiwhip too! :shock:

OK, from now on, I'm telling everyone it sucks, since apparently you guys snatched them all up.

;)
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • MerriMerri Posts: 160Registered Users
    yea the stores vary, the only mainstream product I get, is Biolage gelee.
    Deciding what to be when I grow up!!!
    Mostly a 3b with thick, dry, frizzy hair. Using Jessicurl CC, re:coil, jessicurl conditioners and Elucence and Curl Junkie
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    Tigi Bedhead Moisture Maniac conditioner...really good stuff.
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • katethegreatkatethegreat Posts: 801Registered Users
    Thanks, guys...I want to try the Joiwhip mousse and the Tigi condish....
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us."
    -Marianne Williamson
    Follow up: how much of the mousse do you use? and how do you apply it? thanks!
    -Marianne Williamson
    I use just one small squirt and scrunch it in upside down after my [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]re:coil[/buylink]. Too much and it will feel sticky. It will dry crunchy but scrunches out nicely.
    MY HAIR ALBUM
    pw - jack

• mopsymopsy Posts: 153Registered Users
    The Trade Secret near me sells Curls Rock products. I haven't bought any, but I know they've been mentioned here very often. I like Back to Basics products, but they keep changing their product lines and I can't stand the new packaging.
  • FearnotsomuchFearnotsomuch Posts: 368Registered Users
    I'd love to try Joiwhip because of the great reviews I've heard... but... I'm scared of mousse. :shock:
    In DESPERATE need of a haircut.
  • talltwinmomtalltwinmom Posts: 95Registered Users
    I'm scared to try mousse also. It has never worked on my hair before. But with all these rave reviews, I'll have to try some. I don't have a Trade Secret here (at least I've never heard of one), where else can you get it besides a salon?
    3a/3b thin, just to the shoulders Modified CG 3/06; still working on a routine de jour
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    I'm scared to try mousse also. It has never worked on my hair before. But with all these rave reviews, I'll have to try some. I don't have a Trade Secret here (at least I've never heard of one), where else can you get it besides a salon?

have you tried locating a trade secret in your area at their site?

click on salon locator in the upper right corner.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tradesecret.com%2F" class="Popup
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • NaturalRemedyNaturalRemedy Posts: 371Registered Users
    I find that funny because I have just realized there was a trade secret at a mall I go to all the time since I live so close. Umm I'm on CG so I wasn't able to find much in there for me that didn't have cones, but I spotted some oatmeal honey conditioner in a blue bottle I think it's by TIGI but that stuff is so moisturizing and I love it's earthly smell like it was homemade from the kitchen.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.stuff4beauty.com%2Fpage%2Fcatwalk_oatmeal_honey_conditioner.html" class="Popup

I found it ^
    Mostly 3c and lovin' my curls

This is not a fashion trend, it's not a statement, it's pride for who we are and what we look like. And that is where our true beauty shines.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcocoalily%2F" class="Popup
    Merri wrote:
    yea the stores vary, the only mainstream product I get, is Biolage gelee.

I went today and bought the Joiwhip mousse, but I couldn't find the Biolage gelee. I saw a Biosilk brand gel that just said "firm hold gel" or something like that, but I wasn't sure if this was the same thing, so I didn't get it.
    -Marianne Williamson
  • talltwinmomtalltwinmom Posts: 95Registered Users
    wntrbloom wrote:

have you tried locating a trade secret in your area at their site?

click on salon locator in the upper right corner.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tradesecret.com%2F" class="Popup

I checked the locator, but unfortunately none in my area. I'll just have to pony up the money and go to a salon I guess. Does anyone know if Sally's carries it?
    3a/3b thin, just to the shoulders Modified CG 3/06; still working on a routine de jour
    Ladies, please don't be scared of JoiWhip...it really is awesome!! Light and airy but has great hold...smells yummy...and a little goes a lonngngg way! :D
    I checked the locator, but unfortunately none in my area. I'll just have to pony up the money and go to a salon I guess. Does anyone know if Sally's carries it?

I'm not sure if Sally's carries it but you could call a few local salons to see if they carry Joico products. I've gotten it at my salon for pretty much the same price as Trade Secret.
    MY HAIR ALBUM
    pw - jack

sherry7899 wrote:
    Not all of the locations have ABBA products. I recently went to the one near me (Quakerbridge Mall, Lawrenceville, NJ) and they said they no longer carry ABBA. I don't know if it's just that location that discontinued carrying ABBA, though.

Sherry

I asked today and the saleswoman told me that Trade Secret stopped carrying ABBA about a year and a half ago. I took that to mean that they stopped at all locations.
    -Marianne Williamson
  • SuZenSuZen Posts: 1,595Registered Users
    No, Biosilk and Biolage are two completely different things. Biolage is made by Matrix and comes in a big white bottle with some green leaves on it. The product most people like from that line is the Gelee, but there are others worth looking at too.

The preferred Biosilk product is their Rock Hard Gel. Off-white bottles with black writing.
  • laurabeth33laurabeth33 Posts: 1,443Registered Users
    sherry7899 wrote:

Sherry

I asked today and the saleswoman told me that Trade Secret stopped carrying ABBA about a year and a half ago. I took that to mean that they stopped at all locations.

I got some ABBA at a TS over Christmas. It's got to be location-specific.
    2b w/ some 3a
    product tester geek
    SuZen wrote:
    No, Biosilk and Biolage are two completely different things. Biolage is made by Matrix and comes in a big white bottle with some green leaves on it. The product most people like from that line is the Gelee, but there are others worth looking at too.

The preferred Biosilk product is their Rock Hard Gel. Off-white bottles with black writing.

ok, thanks, I was getting confused :oops: :lol:
    -Marianne Williamson
  • WiggilyhairWiggilyhair Posts: 780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Just wanted to add that I like Brocato Splash shampoo. It's sulfate-free.
  • MegaraMegara Posts: 424Registered Users
    Joiwhip! Joiwhip! Don't you guys steal it all from my Trade Secret though! It's good stuff! Don't use too much though. I used waaay too much on my roots and it looked like an oil spill.
    I just started using Abba Weightless Gel, but I got that from Ulta. And by the way- I love it! I've heard it's drying though, so we'll see.
    I also get BRHG at TS for my summertime gel.
    pw:curls

To quote wild_sasparilla:
    'Thou shaketh it a little and it feeleth alright.'
  • Texas MamaTexas Mama Posts: 178Registered Users
    that's so funny about JoiWhip....I just bought some since it's "all the rage" on this site. I just put it on my hair since it was brought to my attention that I looked like Jerry Stiller after my aerobics workout. (And by the way, Happy Festivus to you Seinfeld fans out there.) anyhow, that stuff is still alive when it comes out of the can! I didn't trust it and shpritzed (my new action term for a mousse can) and that stuff just kept growing.....I had a funny moment there for a sec..... :lol:
    Hair type 3A. Jessicurl is becoming my HG!

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FTexasMama%2F" class="Popup

password: ginger
  • LongcurlsLongcurls Posts: 23Registered Users
    Back to basics makes a sunflower detangling spray, I use it to revive my curls.
    3A or B with an underlay of 2B.Matrix Curl Life Shampoo,Curl Life Extra Intense Conditioner,Paul Mitchell Medium Hold Sculpting Foam,John Freida Downplay Volume Reducer
  • bpbp Posts: 56Registered Users
    is they anything their that works amazing for dry hair????

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file