Dance hairstyle help-requires straightening

StringTheMangoStringTheMango Posts: 2Registered Users
I already know how to straighten my hair, but I have a dance competition in a few weeks and it says we need to wear our hair straight and in a low ponytail and then clip our bangs back and put them in a bump.

Now here's my issues:

-My hair tends to stop feeling soft after a while, and also likes to get wavy after I straighten it- barely, but it still waves. How to I keep it straight and feeling soft?
-How would I do a bump with my bangs?

Comments

• crwrittcrwritt Posts: 705Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I already know how to straighten my hair, but I have a dance competition in a few weeks and it says we need to wear our hair straight and in a low ponytail and then clip our bangs back and put them in a bump.

Now here's my issues:

-My hair tends to stop feeling soft after a while, and also likes to get wavy after I straighten it- barely, but it still waves. How to I keep it straight and feeling soft?
    -How would I do a bump with my bangs?

I don't have an answer on the hair straightening, but to do a bump with your bangs, you would comb them
    out and gather them into a handful on top of your head, twist it, push it forward a little and pin it with bobby pins or a barrette.This explains it:
    YouTube - IO Beauty: How to create the super model poof
  • PRINCETONPRINCETON Posts: 872Registered Users
    Don't use oil as the heat protection agent.

Unfortunately you'll have to use a spray heat protector and most have dimethicone and perhaps alcohol.

Use a comb to guide through each pass of the flat iron.

After you're done use a small amount of coconut oil all over which will immediately start to recover some of the heat damage and it will naturally keep the hair smooth.

Straighten your bang and place a bump-up barett with same color as hair underneath as you pin it back and down. It just needs to look like a speed bump instead of flat down on head.

Princeton Brooke
    Chief Software Engineer
    http://apps.facebook.com/princetonbrooke

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file