Highlights CG friendly and also needing a stylist

beautyisfun1beautyisfun1 Registered Users Posts: 15
Okay so im new to the whole CG thing and im using ALL Deva products and its going great! I have my hair foil highlighted blonde every 8 weeks and im just wondering after i have it done im guessing they are going to have to wash my hair with a sulfate shampoo?? Or how does that work as far as the CG method goes??? Also i just moved here to the Florida Panhandle (north) a few months ago and started cosmetology school and NOBODY knows anything about curly hair! Anyone know of a CG stylist in this area???? I have looked and there is NOTHING!! I went to the aveda that was on the salon finder on here and it was a NIGHTMARE!!! She ruined my hair and paddle brushed it DRY with all my products in :( now i have severe breakage! I know i will be specializing in curly hair for sure!

Comments

• SnoeSnoe Registered Users Posts: 2
    Wow, that sounds horrifying! I never go to salons who don't know how to care for curly hair..I have a cosmetologist friend who is very attentive to my needs despite not knowing much lol She's a great listener and even better learner. I'm so happy that you're going to specialize in curls..we need more people like you!

As for finding a salon...I live in MI so I'm not going to be much help there, sorry :sad5: I hope you're able to find something soon!
  • beautyisfun1beautyisfun1 Registered Users Posts: 15
    Thank you! I'm beyond excited to specialize in curls and as far as I know there isn't anyone within 100 miles around here so i think it will make a LOT of people happy :)
  • kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    Around here, Deva is a love/hate kind of thing. Many of us start out with it and then go on to other products. The salon I go to has Deva available, I used to let them use the NoPoo on my hair after my foil highlights (I get a cut/highlight every six weeks.) The formula changed about 18 months ago, or so, and I found it very drying. I bring my own product (CJ Daily Fix) and curl towels when I go. You really don't need a sulfate (or any) shampoo to wash out the chemicals.

As far as finding a curl friendly salon, you could look at the salon finder on nc.com, the Deva website or post a question in the salon forum here.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file