What is my hair type?

ArthurBArthurB Posts: 1Registered Users
Hey, I've been growing my hair for about 8 months now, and the longer it gets the harder it is to tame it.

I'm currently using Gliss shampoo and conditioner and I wash with both every day.

Is it ok? and what the hell is my hair type? I tried classifying it but I have no clue...

Comments

• JysonJyson Posts: 18Registered Users
    Hello,
    Looks like 3b to me. As for the shampoo and conditioner, it really depends. Certain products will work for some people, while others won't (even if they have the same hair type.) IMO though, it's best to stay away from anything with sulfates and silicones.

As for taming it, maybe try using a leave in conditioner. One leave-in that I'm waiting to try is His Mix by mixed chicks, it's 12$ but I hear it works miracles for curly hair.
    - Jason
  • PRINCETONPRINCETON Posts: 872Registered Users
    I hear the mixed-chic products are too watery for all day moisture required for curly guys.

Princeton Brooke
    Chief Software Engineer
    http://apps.facebook.com/princetonbrooke
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ArthurB wrote: »
    Hey, I've been growing my hair for about 8 months now, and the longer it gets the harder it is to tame it.

I'm currently using Gliss shampoo and conditioner and I wash with both every day.

Is it ok? and what the hell is my hair type? I tried classifying it but I have no clue...

Looks 3a/b to me. Also, unless you have an oily scalp, you do not need to use shampoo everyday! I recommend doing a water rinse and conditioning daily then shampoo when your scalp needs it.
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • kerri21kerri21 Posts: 5Registered Users
    your hairs are natural curly you have to grow hard these hairs.
  • kandycurlskandycurls Posts: 11Registered Users
    Have you tried kinky curly curling custard? It's $17 for 8 oz but the jar lasts a while. I have nearly waist length hair when it's straight and this jar lasts me about a month. It has pretty good hold and should last you 2-3 days.

Twitter: @kandycurls
    FB:http://www.facebook.com/pages/KandyCurls/120915704621041

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file