CurlTalk

ACV Rinse?

I've tried searching 3 times, and can't seem to find a thread to give me guidelines on doing a good acv rinse.

What do I use?
How much?
Etc?

Thanks!

Comments

• hockeymomof3hockeymomof3 Posts: 2,159Registered Users
    It's been a long time since I've done one, but I am do, so I need a refresher too but from what I remember and did it was about 1-2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (some use other types or whatever is on hand) to one cup of water and I use this as my co-wash and let it sit for a couple minutes, then rinse.

Something else that I haven't tried is the lemon-aid where you take the juice of 1 lemon and equal amounts of conditioner and use that as a co-wash to clarify.
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Conditioner - One Condition
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Looking to try Devacurl Decadence line next! Can't wait to try it.
  • linda_mlinda_m Posts: 211Registered Users
    I use 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar mixed with 1 cup of water (if I recall correctly, that's the recipe from the Curly Girl book). I use it once per week by spraying it into my hair until it's saturated. That takes about 1/4 of the mixture. I leave it in for a few minutes, then rinse, condition and style as usual.
    Couple of inches past shoulder length 3A. Shampoo every 3rd or 4th day w/ baby shampoo; Tigi Fashionista conditioner; back to Condition 3-in-1 mousse . Alternate days water rinse, conditioner and mousse.
  • SmallFrySmallFry Posts: 614Registered Users
    When I do this I mix about 2 tablespoons ACV with 2 cups warm water; dip ends in, then pour slowly over hair (don't get it into your eyes); swoosh it all around then rinse. and I do this between Co washing and conditioning.
    Lotsa 3c curls
    Curly Journey Album
    Updated 2009 and 2010 pics
    Hair Journal/Products

It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have
  • gryantmarch2stepgryantmarch2step Posts: 454Registered Users
    Every single time I do an ACV rinse, I get it in my eyes. I can never remember, you do the ACV, then condition wash, then condition?
    3B~Botticelli/3C~ Corkicelli~Blonde
    Faves: B&A Gel, BRHG, ReCoil, KC Knot Today, Curl Junkie CCCC

PW: dmbcurls