"Obama administration moves to curb toxic hair straighteners"

DulceBrandiDulceBrandi Posts: 16Registered Users
I just ran across this article. I think some of you may be interested because of all the posts I've seen about hair straighteners. The Brazilian Blowout is mentioned specifically.

Executive Summary « Hair Straighteners

Comments

• ReynaCRReynaCR Posts: 405Registered Users
    I just ran across this article. I think some of you may be interested because of all the posts I've seen about hair straighteners. The Brazilian Blowout is mentioned specifically.

Executive Summary « Hair Straighteners

Wow... :o

(addition: i didn't mean to stop at wow, I just never thought I'd see Obama's name in this forum. lol!)
    :queen: Reyna

"Don't look back and ask why, look forward and ask why not!?" - Unk.
  • DulceBrandiDulceBrandi Posts: 16Registered Users
    ReynaCR wrote: »

(addition: i didn't mean to stop at wow, I just never thought I'd see Obama's name in this forum. lol!)

LOL! Now that you mention it, I wouldn't have thought so either! :happy3:
  • darkbeautyttdarkbeautytt Posts: 448Registered Users
    I'm glad they are finally doing something because humans are never satisfy. They would kill themselves to put toxic into their system even when they know the danger that's involve. As a biology major I watch everything I put om my scalp, my face pretty much my whole body. Most company product are very toxic even some so called organic company. Three days ago I research coconut fatty acid cream base used by aubry organics only to find out from my professor and hubby chemist that no such thing. Thats its a bunch of different chemicals combined into one product which are actually really toxic and bad for ur health, no more aubrey organics for me lmao, government need to step in and regulate all product if the product label doesnt say ufda approve dont buy it.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using CurlTalk App
  • DulceBrandiDulceBrandi Posts: 16Registered Users
    I'm glad they are finally doing something because humans are never satisfy. They would kill themselves to put toxic into their system even when they know the danger that's involve. As a biology major I watch everything I put om my scalp, my face pretty much my whole body. Most company product are very toxic even some so called organic company. Three days ago I research coconut fatty acid cream base used by aubry organics only to find out from my professor and hubby chemist that no such thing. Thats its a bunch of different chemicals combined into one product which are actually really toxic and bad for ur health, no more aubrey organics for me lmao, government need to step in and regulate all product if the product label doesnt say ufda approve dont buy it.

Thanks for the heads up about Aubrey Organics! I just bought that conditioner and thought nothing of the coconut fatty acid cream base. smh I thought it was just a fancy way of saying they used coconuts to make it. Also, I just bought a new leave-in conditioner called Sexy Hair Organics b/c the name says "Organics" and the ingredient list online ONLY said "Organic Aloe Vera Juice Extract, Organic Avacado Extract, Organic Goji Berries Extract & Organic Sunflower Oil." It finally arrived & imagine my surprise when I saw the side of the bottle says it's 90% Organic. It has FORTY-FIVE ingredients listed on the label! So, I agree with you completely about the govt. needing to step in on this craziness. Did you know that The European Union has banned over 1,100 chemicals used in cosmetics (including lotions) because of links to cancer, birth defects and reproductive problems & other diseases. The US has only banned NINE.
    DR

Thanks for the heads up about Aubrey Organics! I just bought that conditioner and thought nothing of the coconut fatty acid cream base. smh I thought it was just a fancy way of saying they used coconuts to make it. Also, I just bought a new leave-in conditioner called Sexy Hair Organics b/c the name says "Organics" and the ingredient list online ONLY said "Organic Aloe Vera Juice Extract, Organic Avacado Extract, Organic Goji Berries Extract & Organic Sunflower Oil." It finally arrived & imagine my surprise when I saw the side of the bottle says it's 90% Organic. It has FORTY-FIVE ingredients listed on the label! So, I agree with you completely about the govt. needing to step in on this craziness. Did you know that The European Union has banned over 1,100 chemicals used in cosmetics (including lotions) because of links to cancer, birth defects and reproductive problems & other diseases. The US has only banned NINE.

Yea I know, the US is slacking in tjat depattment. Theu need to step it up. Most product that claim organic are not fully organic smh let me find out. Now I read every label and look for ufda approved logo lol

• redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    IIRC, the coconut fatty acid cream base is either cetyl or ceteryl alcohol. Nothing dangerous, and they're common enough conditioning agents.

I do wish companies held to INCI
    standards though.

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
    Coconut fatty acid cream base has ceteryl alcohol and ceteareth-20, a toxic chemical thats deemed unsafe for use in cosmetic and penetration enchancer meaning that it seeps into the skin and bring other chemical with it

• ReynaCRReynaCR Posts: 405Registered Users
    ReynaCR wrote: »

LOL! Now that you mention it, I wouldn't have thought so either! :happy3:

Yeah! Tell me about it!
    Coconut fatty acid cream base has ceteryl alcohol and ceteareth-20, a toxic chemical thats deemed unsafe for use in cosmetic and penetration enchancer meaning that it seeps into the skin and bring other chemical with it

Oh wow! That's the first ingredient in my AO HSR conditioner! When I was using other chemical products, everything worked fine... then as I started using only chemical free products, my scalp itched like crazy as I applied it! Now I don't use it anymore... *smh* But everyone is different.. I don't know... :cherry:
    :queen: Reyna

"Don't look back and ask why, look forward and ask why not!?" - Unk.
    Lol my head itch too so I stopped using it

• amakaenetanyaamakaenetanya Posts: 21Registered Users
    Relaxers cost the world too much money and they are not suppose to sell them to people who are monsters to the world? So if Europe told them to stop selling them then the world would not look like a monster scared the hell out of them.

Why do people like that happen to be too evil to live? Why do people need to spiritually kill other races and force them to kill others too? Why do we pay money to live? Why are we getting too much hell when nobody deserved it except for Europeans who make others pay way too much money to live and celebrate spiritual death by coming to America to hate whites into emotional slavery to hateful beings that want to take over the world with racist messages about sex and why do they love their hair type when it hates the world spiritually through rageful lust and controls them to die spiritually with racism? Europe is supposed to be a home for whites but something went wrong when they traveled to Brazil with an African woman who chose to have a child while she was living with a white man who helped her travel. Now those people have become a monster to the world through white people because Europe did not kill that baby and tell her to leave because the child is too evil to live and can't afford to live without whites help so Spain was supposed to kill the baby and tell her to leave because the child is still hating her spiritually with a quiet rage that only whites can hear mentally and nobody told them to place them in death row camps where they can't kill people spiritually with their rage against all life
    Twitter.com/AmakaEnetanya

NovemBer 2012 Long $ex At FitNess Center With Flat Iron Special With Spiral Cone Wand
    NovemBer 2012 Long $ex At Pier 1
    Hair Length At Start 10 inches NovemBer 15th 2012
    Goal Waist 24 inches March 2015
    Hair African Curls 2-3-4A Fuzzy Wide
    ShamPoo Aussie Moist
    ConDitioner Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle
  • SmilingElephantSmilingElephant Posts: 666Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Relaxers cost the world too much money and they are not suppose to sell them to people who are monsters to the world? So if Europe told them to stop selling them then the world would not look like a monster scared the hell out of them.

Why do people like that happen to be too evil to live? Why do people need to spiritually kill other races and force them to kill others too? Why do we pay money to live? Why are we getting too much hell when nobody deserved it except for Europeans who make others pay way too much money to live and celebrate spiritual death by coming to America to hate whites into emotional slavery to hateful beings that want to take over the world with racist messages about sex and why do they love their hair type when it hates the world spiritually through rageful lust and controls them to die spiritually with racism? Europe is supposed to be a home for whites but something went wrong when they traveled to Brazil with an African woman who chose to have a child while she was living with a white man who helped her travel. Now those people have become a monster to the world through white people because Europe did not kill that baby and tell her to leave because the child is too evil to live and can't afford to live without whites help so Spain was supposed to kill the baby and tell her to leave because the child is still hating her spiritually with a quiet rage that only whites can hear mentally and nobody told them to place them in death row camps where they can't kill people spiritually with their rage against all life

Yarr???

Sent from my iPod touch using CurlTalk
    2yrs 7 months post relaxer/2 years and 11 months natural

Cleanse: SM Moisture Retention or Suave Naturals shampoos
    Co-Wash: Suave Naturals, L'Oreal EverCreme or EverCurl
    RO/Detangler: Tresseme Naturals:nemo:, GVPCB
    Leave-In: SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie, TN, GVPCB
    Styler: EcoStyler, GF Pure Clean gel, KCCC

Just discovering my hair likes protein! :dontknow:

:wav:
  • SpaghettiHeadSpaghettiHead Posts: 1,510Registered Users

Whoa...what??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SailaSaila Posts: 1,212Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    :shock:?
  • ttlollattlolla Posts: 948Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    OMG LOL ! There are too many crazy people about.
  • favoritecolorblufavoritecolorblu Posts: 287Registered Users
    ttlolla wrote: »
    OMG LOL ! There are too many crazy people about.

Right!
  • Lotsa loopsLotsa loops Posts: 130Registered Users
    I use all organic products except the AG Recoil, and my face wash (because I have severe acne, and I swear I have tried all the organic face and acne washes available to me!). And Recoil is amazing and I haven't found anything like it!
    Hair Type: I was thinking thick, fine 3A, but honestly I have no clue! I do know I have a super flat top, and frizz on the sides.
    No - Poo Shampoo: Kiss My Face Whenever Shampoo
    Conditioner: Burt's Bees More Moisture Condish
    Products: Kiss My Face Upper Management Gel, AG Recoil Curl Activator

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file