CurlTalk

Reading about the change in suave naturals, question...

tresses2tresses2 Posts: 44Registered Users
Okay, so I bought suave naturals and now I'm reading that they aren't cg friendly anymore? I don't see anything that ends with cone in the ingredient list, what makes it not cg friendly? i got the conditioner and am using that as a co-wash, is that a good way to use this one?

Comments

• jbaybayyjbaybayy Posts: 38Registered Users
    Sorry, I can't help you with this, but I'd like to know more about the change, too. I read someone mention that there are cones now, but my Suave Naturals Apple condish doesn't have cones, so I'm still using it. :dontknow:
  • Lucky CharmLucky Charm Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    If you bought a new bottle, look for ingredients that end in -cone, -xane, or -conol. Those are the silicone ingredients you want to avoid with the CG method.
    - 2C - Coarse Canopy & med/fine underlayers
    - MOP C Hydrating 'poo
    - LOreal Natures Therapy Moisturizing condish, ION Effective Care, Garnier S&S (old formula)
    - treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Repair Me!
    - plopping, diffusing, and clipping the roots
  • ththdththd Posts: 300Registered Users
    I hope that's not true! I will have to make sure to check the bottles when I buy new ones. I have Lavender and Rain Mist right now and they are fine. I bought them about a week ago.
    V05 Lime cowash/SN Pomegranite RO FSG and LOOB
    I still use Tresemme Fine Mist hairspray for the side swept bangs...I can't live without it!
    Curl Genie: Medium-fine texture, normal porosity, low elasticity, medium density
  • Cousin-IttCousin-Itt Posts: 45Registered Users
    I'm looking at my Suave Naturals Sun-ripened Strawberry Conditioner. It does not have any ingredients that end in -cone, -xane, or -conol. I bought it about a week ago. I guess I will need to check the next bottle I buy in case I got an older batch.
    2bMiii
    Normal porosity/Medium & high elasticity.

My Fotki /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FCousin-Itt%2Fmod-cg-progress%2F" class="Popup
    Currently using: Burt's Bees Pomegranate & Soy.
    Suave Naturals Pomegranate Conditioner (co-wash)
    Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner.
    Flaxseed Gel
    Coconut Oil once a week as a prewash conditioner.
  • wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    I'm puzzled, too! I looked on the Suave website, and unless they haven't changed their ingredients to the new formula ones (which I highly doubt), they are still 'cone free and CG friendly! So, they're still safe to buy, but I'd keep checking if I were you. Just in case. ;)
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:
  • jbaybayyjbaybayy Posts: 38Registered Users
    I hope this is just a rumor...I don't think I'll be able to part with all of the yummy suave scents!

Sent from my DROIDX using CurlTalk App
  • rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    I do believe they've changed the formula, but I don't believe they've added cones. But some threads have recently popped up saying the new formula isn't as good. You can search suave naturals under advanced search and change to thread titles only to see them.
    Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
    Low poo: looking
    COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
    RO: varies
    Protein: CJCF or CJRM
    DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
    LI: varies, usually KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
    Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]