CurlTalk

Bonnets

jojouhgogojojouhgogo Posts: 43Registered Users
at night i always put on a silk bonnet to protect my hair as i sleep. But I've noticed that in the morning my thick 3b/3c hair has a rather funny shape and has extremely shrunk. has this ever happened to you? are there any alternatives to bonnetts? thxxxx
LOVE,
jojo
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

oil:coconut oil and olive oil
everything else: in need of suggestions!
PHOTObucket: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fs1143.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fn626%2Fjojouhgogo%2FWavessandKinks%2F" class="Popup

Comments

• BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users
    Yep, there are definitely alternatives. You could try just sleeping on a silk/satin pillow case alone. Or use your satin pillow case and wear your hair in a ponytail or braid instead of the bonnet.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • vanillatoffeevanillatoffee Posts: 105Registered Users
    yepp same thing happened to me .. i bought a satin pillowcase from Sally's for like $7 or $8, and i haven't needed the bonnet since. it isn't as drying to my hair as my cotton pillowcase was. hope you find what helps you.
    :icescream: last relaxer: june 2010. bc: october 2010. :happy10:
    properties: mix of 3 & 4, high density!!, medium-coarse, protein sensitive, low-normal porosity, cottony, daughter S
    hair likes: garnier pure clean conditioner, v05, water & olive oil...that's literally it. so far...
    four fat braids every night; moisturize or spray w/ water, seal w/ EVOO every other night.

• sugarandcurlssugarandcurls Posts: 6Registered Users
    Mine does too, but if I'm not going to wash/co-wash that morning, I just spritz my hair with my aloe juice/water mix. After I spritz, I shake and then it pretty much falls back out in place.
    Last relaxer: March 2009
    BC: July 16, 2009 :nike:
    Hair Type(s): Primarily 3c, 3a/3b nape area, 4a crown

Fav Products (right now):
    Co-Wash - Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing Condish
    Rinse Out - HE Hello Hydration
    Leave-In - Nexxus Humectress Condish, Cantu Shea Butter Condish Cream
    Sealing Oil - CD Hair Elixir
    Styling - CD Hair Milk
    DC - Queen Helene's Cholesterol Condish, EVOO

event.png
  • curlyclo89curlyclo89 Posts: 173Registered Users
    Lol yup this has happened to me! Good alternatives are wrapping in a scarf instead of a bonnet or the satin pillowcase thing the other ppl mentioned.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using CurlTalk App
    :sunny: 3c/4a; medium porosity; high elasticity; M; iii