Casey's C25k Progress Thread

rolltidegalrolltidegal Tuscaloosa, ALRegistered Users Posts: 307
So I'm trying to do the C25k program with hopes of running my first 5k on May 21. I'm going to try to use this thread as an accountability thing. So...if you don't hear from me for a long time, please do yell at me to get off my butt and run some more. :toothy7:

About me: in addition to being (of course) a curly girl (3c seems to be the thought process?), I'm a 19 year old (20 this month!) college student going to school at the University of Alabama (Roll Tide!). I'm a triple major in finance, economics, and math, and I'm hoping to graduate in 2013 with a Bachelor's in all of those things and an MA in economics. I'm in the Million Dollar Band (that's our marching band), and have been for two years. I got to go to Pasadena for the BCS National Championship game and experience what we called the "perfect freshman year."

I'm doing C25k and trying to get in better shape mostly because I'm tired of being tired. Between a tough academic schedule, marching band, and a 12 hour/week internship, I just don't have time to be tired.

Today was W3D3 (kinda). I skipped straight to week 3 to try to get through the program before that 5k on May 21. It's not easy, but I've managed okay, so I don't think I've done anything too terribly bad by skipping two weeks.

I ran/walked/jogged/limped/clunked 2.12 miles in 29:01, for an average pace of 13'39". That's with 11ish minutes of warmup/cooldown walks, 9 minutes of running, and 9 minutes of walking intervals. So...it's not particularly fast, but it could be much slower.

Oh, and my name's Casey. Which is in the thread name, but nowhere else. So....HI!
Roll Tide!
I was at the 2009 and 2011 BCS National Championship Games :)

Medium-coarse, super high density, normal porosity, low elasticity.
I'm currently trying out various Curl Junkie and Devacurl products.

Fotki: fotki.com/rolltidegal
password is 'rolltide'

Comments

• rolltidegalrolltidegal Tuscaloosa, ALRegistered Users Posts: 307
    16 minutes of running in four chunks today (3min x2, 5 min x2). It wasn't easy, but I managed. Hopefully it gets easier as the week goes on. It seems manageable.
    Set a new PR for the mile! Woohoo!
    Roll Tide!

password is 'rolltide'
    Skipped yesterday because I decided I'd rather have a haircut, got up early and ran this morning. W4D2 done.
    It was HARD. But we're under a tornado watch, and I did some research and found out that a lot of people have a harder time doing physical activity when barometric pressure drops. So I feel a little better. And I was less than .05 miles shorter than my run Tuesday, so it felt harder but wasn't actually that much harder.

I can do this!!! :toothy2:
    Roll Tide!

password is 'rolltide'
    I did W4D3 today. Got my pace under 13min. It was very exciting!! And I recorded my fastest mile at 12:04. And it was my second mile that was faster than myself. I'm very happy with that run, but kind of nervous about Week 5. We'll see...
    Roll Tide!

password is 'rolltide'
    Moved to dailymile so as to quit bugging y'all. Still running, though. And if anyone's on dailymile, I have the same username there and would love some new friends.
    Roll Tide!

password is 'rolltide'

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file