Finally! My own homemade conditioner

abstractcurlsabstractcurls Registered Users Posts: 380
So after much trial and error and lots of recipes and techniques I was able to create my own conditioner. I'm really happy with the results

I used

Distilled water
BTMS
Oil combination of Meadowfoam, Peach Kernel, and Watermelon
Herbal extracts of calendula, horsetail, peppermint, nettle, sea buckthorn, yucca, and lemon balm
Aloe vera juice
agave nectar
Raspberry Dimethicone
Optiphen
Potassium sorbate
Natural fragrance of coconut, lavender, and orange
(for my girls I use a mango strawberry scent)

It's awesome! I've working on this for over a year now and I finally found something that works for all of us and is also really good for your hair. I think my husband is excited because I no longer buy anything except my supplies which I only have to do a few times a year : ) I’m now working on a shampoo and perfecting my flaxseed gel recipe. I love being able to make sure that my scents are all natural and that my product can be changed if I need it to be.

Comments

• infojunkyinfojunky Registered Users Posts: 106
    Wow!!! Sounds like some great stuff! You could probibly sell it.
    2c w/ some 3a on the ends
    Length - just below shoulders when wavy
    texture - under layer fine, everything else medium
    According to the articles of how to determen these:
    Porosity- low
    Density - medium

shampoo - clear scalp & hair therapy
    rinse out - clear scalp & hair therapy
    leave in - whatever rinse out I'm using at the time
    gel - kccc
    dt - aussie 3 min miracle

experimenting and open to suggestions!
  • abstractcurlsabstractcurls Registered Users Posts: 380
    I guess I could but I have no time nor desire to. I just know a lot of people give up when using BTMS it took me while to figure it out and it's totally worth it.
  • Heaven88Heaven88 Registered Users Posts: 148
    Oh wow! Sounds great!
  • CeriCeri Registered Users Posts: 142
    I guess I could but I have no time nor desire to. I just know a lot of people give up when using BTMS it took me while to figure it out and it's totally worth it.

BTMS is great stuff! If you want or need some extra detangling, look into adding some Certrimonium Chloride too.
    3a/3b Medium Texture & Normal Porosity
    Modified CG since November 2009
    Low Poo - (Once in a while) True Polaris Solid Shampoo Bar
    CO-wash/Condish - (I'm lazy, one step only!) True Polaris Solid Conditioner Bars
    Styling - True Polaris Truly Curly Styling Gel I add 'cones in summer Truly Frizz Free Hair Serum
    I plop and defuse daily

c_band2.gif I love MUSE
  • icerockzicerockz Registered Users Posts: 24
    wish you could make me some lol sounds great!
    4a/3c Hair
    Transitioning
    Henna conditioner For scalp and hair
    Suave Naturals GA Conditioner (SOMETIMES)

event.png
    :toothy7:

Dream of Au Naturelle One day lol :wink:
  • MsCurlyDocMsCurlyDoc Registered Users Posts: 5
    What is BTMS

Sent from my DROIDX using CurlTalk App
    :idea:
  • KurleeEdnaKurleeEdna Registered Users Posts: 714
    I believe it's BehenTrimonium MethoSulfate? That is the best detangler for my curls.

Watermelon oil? Not only does it seem like an excellent moisturizing conditioner. I'm sure it smells nice, too!

Although I've made my own whipped butters for hair and skin, most of the time I'm too lazy to experiment with recipes. I'd be willing to buy some of this stuff!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.' "
    - Charlie Brown
    HEY!!! Follow me at http://www.twitter.com/kurleeedna
  • babehbabesbabehbabes Registered Users Posts: 15
    Can you tell me where you get them? Especially the fragrances?
    3c/4a

Weekly Regimen:
    AOHSR + Olive oil + Jojoba Oil + peppermint oil (for smell) pre poo
    Elasta Q creme shampoo
    tresseme naturals +olive oil +peppermint oil leave in
    Eco styler argon oil braid out

Last Relaxer October 2009
    BC August 19 2010
  • ruthwill88ruthwill88 Registered Users Posts: 3
    So after much trial and error and lots of recipes and techniques I was able to create my own conditioner. I'm really happy with the results

I used

Distilled water
    BTMS
    Oil combination of Meadowfoam, Peach Kernel, and Watermelon
    Herbal extracts of calendula, horsetail, peppermint, nettle, sea buckthorn, yucca, and lemon balm
    Aloe vera juice
    agave nectar
    Raspberry Dimethicone
    Optiphen
    Potassium sorbate
    Natural fragrance of coconut, lavender, and orange
    (for my girls I use a mango strawberry scent)

It's awesome! I've working on this for over a year now and I finally found something that works for all of us and is also really good for your hair. I think my husband is excited because I no longer buy anything except my supplies which I only have to do a few times a year : ) I’m now working on a shampoo and perfecting my flaxseed gel recipe. I love being able to make sure that my scents are all natural and that my product can be changed if I need it to be.

sounds good! but wat are the measurments, and directions, if any? thanks for sharin!!:toothy8:
  • davianmcllmdavianmcllm Registered Users Posts: 1
    I will try the one with the green tea and that with banana and honey for sure! Just one question: I have long hair and I always use conditioner cream in order to make them smooth for brushing, otherwise they get really hard to brash. So, can I use the green tea or the other mixtures you have proposed, after my conditioner or it is not necessary at all? Do the natural conditioners smooth hair on their own?
  • greenandchicgreenandchic Registered Users Posts: 2,584 Curl Neophyte
    I love most of the ingredients! Do you mind giving us the percentages or grams used?
    APL BSL MBL WL HL TBL | porous, fine/medium strands, medium density
    My Fotki!
    Below: Typical PS bun
    004-vi.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file