CurlTalk

My curls are stringy and I need your lovely help !!

How do I make my hair less stringy and more big curls??? PLEASE HELP.

Usually when I come out of the shower and style my hair, my curls are just stringy, GRR! But yesterday when I went to the hair salon, the lady styled my hair in a way that it wasn't stringy, but nice and NOT FRIZZy! (which is a huge problem for me) My hair is halfway down my back with layers that I got yesterday.
The hairstylist just used products, spray bottle of water, & diffused. Should I just not scrunch??? and then there is the frizz prob. UGH!!!

How do I get it to be less like this...
attachment.php?attachmentid=12918&stc=1&d=1302310599

And more like this (sorry I didn't think of taking a picture that day :) curl-hair.jpg

^^ this is literally what it turned out like when the hairstylist did it, but I don't know what I did wrong BOOHOO.

I think she said to spray water in my hair after I applied all the products or something... I wasn't listening! :P :confused1:

Comments

• CurlyMomCurlyMom Posts: 334Registered Users
    Why don't you call her and ask? If it looked that good I'd know I'd want to know!
    2c/3a/3b Fine/med texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity
  • angie4779angie4779 Posts: 7Registered Users
    Well could you at least give me a tip, I'm new to this :(
    & could u pls post a picture of how your hair turns out, it would be very nice of you.
    like 36 views and only one person cares enough to reply :( WHAT KIND OF A WORLD DO WE LIVE IN :p
    No, but seriously, if you see this thread, then please at least reply and give me a tiny tip, I really appreciate it!! :sad11:
  • hockeyruleshockeyrules Posts: 95Registered Users
    we dont know what type of hair you have to recommend things. Cal the stylist like curly mom suggested. I am sure she would help plus it is always nice to hear that you did a good job so I'm sure she would appreciate it. I have never heard of putt ing more water on your hair after products. I putt my products in on soaking wet hair. I use hett and la looks and plop for 30 min to get great spirals.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using CurlTalk App
    CG since the book came out!!

Products
    -Shampoo: - Edens co-wash
    Conditioner: Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks curl renew, CJ Argan oil, Mop Top daily conditioner
    Leave-in's: above
    DT: GVC
    Curl Cream: SMS
    Stylers: Curly Kinks Coil Jam, Mop Top
  • LexLionessLexLioness Posts: 70Registered Users
    My curls used to get super stringy too... the trick for me at least, boils down to a few things.

I only brush my hair when it's soaking wet and has conditioner in it.
    I co-wash, then I will put a different conditioner (a richer one than my co-wash one) while my hair is still soaking wet, and I leave it all in, no rinsing. Squeeze out extra moisture, step out, and apply gel.

Check my signature for products I use. I do have much shorter hair than you, so I don't know how much of a difference that will make.

Good luck!
    type 3a/b, baby fine to medium, normal to high porosity except the canopy which is high.
    -
    recently chopped off about 4" - HOW LIBERATING!!! Learning to love my hair again instead of hating it for being a knotty mess.
    we dont know what type of hair you have to recommend things. Cal the stylist like curly mom suggested. I am sure she would help plus it is always nice to hear that you did a good job so I'm sure she would appreciate it. I have never heard of putt ing more water on your hair after products. I putt my products in on soaking wet hair. I use hett and la looks and plop for 30 min to get great spirals.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using CurlTalk App

It's 2c, sorry I forgot to tell u.
  • smashleighfigsmashleighfig Posts: 83Registered Users
    Try the skip curl method.. it helps me :)

Here's a video tutorial
    YouTube - ‪Curly Care: Skipcurl Method for Ringlets & Defined Curls‬‏
    Ashleigh Elizabeth
    CG Since 7/2/2011
    In Between 2c & 3a
    CO WASH- Suave Naturals
    CONDISH- Sally's Generic value products conditioning balm
    LEAVE IN- KCKT
    STYLE- Ice Queen method
    GELS- LA Looks Absolute styling sport // IC hair polisher styling gel with sparkle lites
    HG- KCC = AMAZING! My secret weapon!
    FINISH- Plop // Pixiecurl diffuser method (on occasion)
    Learning To Embrace My Curls!
    :sunny:
  • asianrunnerasianrunner Posts: 2,251Registered Users
    How do you normally style it? What products are you currently using?
    Coarse texture, normal-high porosity, normal elasticity (Komaza Care), very weak waves
    cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Beauticurls, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC
    gels: CJ CQ, CJ Pattern Pusha, BRHG