CG loosing its effect?

leelee28leelee28 Posts: 137Registered Users
I went CG in January, and for the last month or so, my hair just doesn't look as shiny, less frizzy, or nice as it did when I first started doing it. Other than getting a new bottle of co-wash, nothing about my routine is different. my current products are:
-Suave Naturals conditioner
-Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition conditioner
-KCKT
-KCCC

I periodically do ACV rinses as well.

anyone else had they're hair kind of "revert" back to how it looked before going CG? Any tips on how to get my hair to look shiny and healthy again?! I get sad sitting in school looking at people's shiny healthy hair and wonder why mine looks so frizzy and flat when I'm sure I use a better hair routine!! :sad10:

Help!
Type: 3b with a little 3a f/m mix, ii

A "Mrs." as of June 26, 2010 :love3:

Comments

• SailaSaila Posts: 1,212Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Are the dews/temperatures getting higher where you live? A lot of people find they need to clarify/low-'poo more frequently during the summer. Hair gets "gunky" more quickly when it's hot.
  • leelee28leelee28 Posts: 137Registered Users
    It's not hot at all here (WI) but it's been rainly lately - so pretty humid. But even when I get out of the shower and it's fresh curls, it just lost it's sheen :sad10:

Humidity will do it! It sounds like buildup to me.
    I do have KC Come Clean, which I've used last week. Normally I'll feel a little dry afterwards, but I come back from it pretty quick. Should I be using something else to clear up my hair?

Has it been a long time since you've used ACV?

Are you leaving anything in your hair?
    I ACV last Saturday. As for products - KC Knot Today for a leave in and then just a titch of KC Curling Custard. The first times I used them I used too much and my hair felt so goopy and yucky, so I toned it down a lot. Maybe I'm not using enough?! I don't have the $$$ for the good stuff (i'd love to try Deva or JessiCurl or something like that) but, alas, I'm stuck to what I can find at a local store.
    Any tips?!

thanks for the help, by the way! I appreciate it!

Hmm. I would actually suggest clarifying and then using less leave in.
    Well I actually tried using more leave in and a little more KCCC to see what happened, and it helped! I think my hair was just screaming for moisture - which I know because every time I CO-wash it's like my hair sucks it up before I can even scrub my head with it! :laughing5:

I also got some GVP Conditioning Balm from Sally's (thanks to tips on this site) and my hair LOVED it!

Thanks for the tips though. I'll use them to look out for over moisturizing my hair!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file