texturized... the horror

abeautifulbrownabeautifulbrown Registered Users Posts: 73
I had no idea what a texturizer did. I'd never even heard of it until I saw it in the store and what it said it did sounded good so I tried it and it straightened my hair. :roll: Boy, did I play boo-boo the fool on that one. So, anyhow, I'm transitioning until my natural hair is long enough for me to chop off the straight ends... I had just gotten used to my short natural hair. :(

Comments

• SmallFrySmallFry Registered Users Posts: 614
    awh, I'm sorry that happened to you. Well don't worry, your real curls will emerge once again. Just continue to moisturize and be gentle to your hair, and you'll get through. There's lotsa great support here.
    Lotsa 3c curls
    Curly Journey Album
    Updated 2009 and 2010 pics
    Hair Journal/Products

It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have
  • BootieluvsButtBootieluvsButt Registered Users Posts: 46
    Man, the same thing happened to me. First I stopped relaxing in 2000 and I thought a texturizer would give me some 3B/3C waves and curls and I tried it in Nov. 2004 asking a whole lot of questions to my stylist. I was bone straight and till this day I am still transitioning. It sucks huh.
    4a Transitioner. 80% natural
    "There is nothing to hard for the Lord."
    I love you baby, till we meet again.
  • abeautifulbrownabeautifulbrown Registered Users Posts: 73
    yes, it certainly does suck. :lol: thinking about getting some micros for a while...
  • life's hard for a curllife's hard for a curl Registered Users Posts: 89
    hmmm.... is this a case of bad stylists/product? a texturizer is only supposed to loosen the curl not make it straight.
    see it's "texturizers" like these that give em bad name.
    I am a 3c reformed product junkie thanks to the economy.

I lurk a lot, I change my hair color a lot. It's currently black and bsl when wet and beyond my shoulders still when dry.

Now I will stop procrastinating and get back to what I was supposed to be doing before I got on here.

Any questions?
    basically, everyone says that my hair was too fine.

now, I have infusions which is interesting- I think I'll take it out soon and just get micros.
  • BootieluvsButtBootieluvsButt Registered Users Posts: 46
    abeautifulbrown, we are on the same page. I am goiing to be putting micros in my hair as well on the weekend of the 13th. If you do not mind me asking how long is your hair? And have you had micros before?
    4a Transitioner. 80% natural
    "There is nothing to hard for the Lord."
    I love you baby, till we meet again.
    It was about 2 inches but I've gone and just chopped off the straight ends.

nope. never had micros before.
  • missesginamissesgina Registered Users Posts: 29
    I just chopped my hair off last week....

My hair was natural and down to my shoulders.. The stylist kept pressuring me to get a perm. I thought a texturizer would be a good idea... Little did I know she would start putting a Lye relaxer on may hair after that..

I don't know why stylist assume that everyone wants their hair to be bone straight.. I never wanted it.. I love big hair with 3c locks...

oh well.. it's just hair..and it will grow back.. but I won't fall for the banana in the tail pipe again..
    4 Years Natural and loving it!

Definition and elongation is obtained with Kinky-Curly product line. - It's just too sticky :(

I am about to try Donna Marie - Dream Curling Cream
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file